Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by Colours never run »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:What a wonderful goal and what an all action performance. He really is an if only player. Would love to see Defoe feeding off Big Andy's knockdowns.

I actually want to see more of Antonio, Sakho and Ayew feeding off his knockdown when playing 2 up front. I recall being so impressed with how we played 442 when Carroll and Sakho played together against Swansea under Allardyce at home. Defences simply couldn't cope. Defences couldn't cope even with Valencia and Sakho up front when we were playing that way.

The only issue we have with 442 is making sure we have a proper right back (could well be Byram by his excellent display) or other (hoping we still get Johnson as insurance. Then, it's game on. Lanzini can play even play the tip of the diamond which worked so well when we played Downing under Allardyce that way. We look a very dynamic teams when we resort to this tactic and I'd like to see more of it.

The fluidity just didn't look right first half playing as we were, but it just seemed to 'click' 2nd half which is what I'm always looking for in a team, especially ours. It just looked and felt right even before the 3 silky goals.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Watched the highlights again just now, great all action display from Carroll, with the right service there isn't a centre half in the league that could keep him quiet for 90 mins, not when he's fully fit.

Better than Troy Deeney.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Jumby wrote:
Better than Troy Deeney.
Easily :thup:
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

It's great that his practising bicycle kicks in training has paid off. It was a beautiful goal and a great performance. Now what I'd like is for him to start practicing normal everyday shots in training, and Antonio can join him because they're both pretty terrible at it. Just imagine if they were as dangerous when the balls on the ground as they are when the balls in the air!
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 456 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

Anyone got a link to the full highlights?
GingerJohn

Post by GingerJohn »

Amazing goal, better than Rooney's shinned one.
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

Funny how no-one manages to mention how Rooney ****ed it with his shin. AC's was pure power and timing and I doubt if he will ever get a contact like that again! :D
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 456 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

Nice text from my Sp*rs mate: Arsenal thought that Giroud had got them the goal of the season. Now it won't even get goal of the month...
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Ludeksgloves wrote:Nice text from my Sp*rs mate: Arsenal thought that Giroud had got them the goal of the season. Now it won't even get goal of the month...
We're West Ham - everyone hates us :scarfer:

I so really really want Andy to start pelting them in.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Ludeksgloves wrote:Nice text from my Sp*rs mate: Arsenal thought that Giroud had got them the goal of the season. Now it won't even get goal of the month...
Giroud will get it, or possibly that Manc offisde one. We're West Ham and we're not allowed nice things.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

'Just sayin, like'
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 839 likes

Post by mushy »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Now what I'd like is for him to start practicing normal everyday shots in training,
I for one would be shocked if he was not already doing this.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I wasn't being entirely serious... of course the strikers all practice shooting.

But it's true that both Antonio and Carroll have been pretty terrible this season when attempting to shoot whilst the balls on the ground. Antonio, I'm especially surprised with as he had a hell of a shot on him when at Forest - scored some blinders.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Our whole team needs shooting practice

I swear every single one of them just shuts their eyes, swings their leg and hopes for the best

The number of attempts we actually test the goal keeper with is very low, they are either skied over the bar, skewed wide or hit tamely at the keeper
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Burnley Hammer wrote:It's great that his practising bicycle kicks in training has paid off. It was a beautiful goal and a great performance. Now what I'd like is for him to start practicing normal everyday shots in training, and Antonio can join him because they're both pretty terrible at it. Just imagine if they were as dangerous when the balls on the ground as they are when the balls in the air!
You are right of course - both pretty atrocious when the ball isn't moving much .
Mr_incredible
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 79 likes

Post by Mr_incredible »

wow who knew...getting bodies close to carroll...preferably 2 up front would actually involve giving opposition defenders a hard time...... play a system for the players you have slav...jesus!!!
ps as a harsh critic of Carroll...(more our use of him), he was mustard saturday
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

his passing was good too on saturday
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

psychoscoredthelot wrote:his passing was good too on saturday
He had a lower pass accuracy than Randolph on 53%....
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 538 likes
Total likes: 410 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

vietnammer wrote:" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

'Just sayin, like'
Belter. Carroll's is better though.
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

For those that didn't see the full game, MOTD and the Sky highlights really don't do him justice. I can't remember a better performance from a centre forward for us since....well... certainly not this century at least. Can't believe neither highlights package showed his yellow card either. It was a thing of beauty.