Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

RM6

Re: The Andy Carroll thread

Post by RM6 »

HamburgHammer wrote:If we can then settle and pay him off with 60 or 70% of his outstanding wages (outstanding in every way for sure), it might be an idea worth pursuing.
Also doing that we'd clear some room wages wise and could bring in players who are actually available to play.
And where is this mythical money going to come from?

Having spent this mythical money where exactly is the funding for a replacement going to come from?
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

I can't see how we can afford to pay him off.

Maybe take the hit, and sell him at a cut price. There will be a big reluctancy to that within the club I would imagine.
westhamburgerking

Post by westhamburgerking »

I'm sure he's insured (as is every single professional athlete) so paying off his contract is a ridiculous idea.
leer34
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 84 likes

Post by leer34 »

paying him off over a sprainrd ankle seems a bit of a over reaction?
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Dean Ashton 2 :thdn:
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

Sell as soon as possible. I said last season he will end up being the biggest waste of money this club has had if he stays for 6 years. His costs, including transfer fee over 6 years would be over 35 million pounds.
giantsteps

Post by giantsteps »

Wow. It's made the nationals now, guys:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ne ... red-103068" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RM6

Post by RM6 »

giantsteps wrote:Wow. It's made the nationals now, guys:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ne ... red-103068" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's 3 years old.
e17
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 982 likes

Post by e17 »

ageing hammer wrote:Dean Ashton 2 :thdn:
Sadly he'd be nowhere near a comparison with Deano (or John Hartson for that matter) in C&B for me yet.

Ashton was unplayable on his day, & he actually had a fair few of those

Personally if Carroll is out injured for a proper spell again, I feel sorry for the club but more sorry for the lad himself.

He's a professional footballer. I'm sure he wants to play football. I'm sure he had no intention to get injured.

No knicker wetting from me. I support our players through thick & thin. Good luck to the lad on his recovery & let's hope it's quick.
AndyCarrollsBarber

Post by AndyCarrollsBarber »

Yoga should carry a government health warning.

If the toon offered £10m for him we should snatch their hand off. I have been very patient with him, but it has now run out. I know injuries can't be helped, but he doesn't help himself by ****ing off to Vegas and coming back to preseason fat. Such an unprofessional attitude.

I want to change my username too. UTJ where are you?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

e17 wrote: Personally if Carroll is out injured for a proper spell again, I feel sorry for the club but more sorry for the lad himself.

He's a professional footballer. I'm sure he wants to play football. I'm sure he had no intention to get injured.

No knicker wetting from me. I support our players through thick & thin. Good luck to the lad on his recovery & let's hope it's quick.
Spot on .
Muddy
Has liked: 26 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Muddy »

2-4 months? f*** me is he made of glass? He was injured when we signed him, maybe that was daft on our part, but none of us could've known that he'd have this many injurys. Blimey.
Can't complain too much as most of us (me included) wanted him here.
Last edited by Muddy on Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hammer83
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

Thors

Cheers for the info mate always appreciated :thup: like the others have said don't worry about the select few who will moan at you.They just don't like to hear the truth when anything bad happens head firmly in the sand.

Carroll is now a super crock plus he doesn't help himself he probably necks more pints in a week than the rest of the squad put together.Thats to me shows a total lack of professionalism I think we need to sell him when the next opportunity arises.
Fuertehammer
Formerly Ironwerx

Post by Fuertehammer »

Genuinely laughing at those seriously discussing "paying him off", you're all mental :D
e17
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 982 likes

Post by e17 »

Fuertehammer wrote:Genuinely laughing at those seriously discussing "paying him off", you're all mental :D
You won't be laughing when the club announce this is their next consultation question for supporters

YES - pay Andy
YES - play Andy
YES - Andy's on the shandy
YES - you're all on ****ing Mandy

"Thanks! You voted YES. Don't forget season tickets are going fast. Click here now"
w6hammer
Has liked: 86 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by w6hammer »

Fuertehammer wrote:Genuinely laughing at those seriously discussing "paying him off", you're all mental :D

I`m laughing at people saying they feel sorry for him.He is on 80k a week for another 5 years even if he never plays again.Unless we pay him off and he leaves the club by mutual consent at some point of his remaining 5 years.

The club have no choice but to sign another striker even if it is a loan.We cant rely on AC anymore after this latest injury.
RM6

Post by RM6 »

Even mentals have a more coherent thought process than that.

"Have you got any more of this or do you want to stop at quacking plums?" It's Partridgesque.
Fuertehammer
Formerly Ironwerx

Post by Fuertehammer »

RM6 wrote:
"Have you got any more of this or do you want to stop at quacking plums?" It's Partridgesque.
Schools turned out this week didn't they? We've now got 6 weeks of teenage angst and jibba jabba to deal with.
One Peter Butler
Has liked: 48 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by One Peter Butler »

I wish AC well but the saddest thing for me when I heard this was that I simply thought oh well, i can't say that I'm bothered if he's in the side or not. He will never be a prolific scorer and invariably (even pre west ham days) he looked nothing more than an average player. I'd have Carlton in the side ahead of him every time.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Nesticles wrote:Unbelievable.

Between our medical team and Chadwell Heath being an apparent minefield we are a joke when it comes to injuries and injury prevention.
Unbelievable

You believe a rumour from WHO