Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by Ozza »

brooking_1980 wrote:They should just fine him 2 weeks wages, that probably get him to focus. He's going to want to go to the World Cup next year, is he so silly he would jeopardise any faint hope of that happening ?
I've missed something what's he done?
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

One of many signings who has seen the club as an easy street where he can graze on his salary and not earn it. Not been good enough if I'm honest. Good player when focussed and told to knuckle down because of the heat the bosses were getting, but overall he is another piss taker...and we have had lots of them. Perhaps it's the way the club deals with them that let's them think they can act so unprofessionally - I haven't believed much of the bull about his so called injuries. If he can be bothered to play, he might make an impact sub if we're chasing a game, but we should see him off at the end of his contract. He is one of the reasons why we haven't progressed- too much emphasis on building a team around a waste of space.
JCA
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by JCA »

Should have gone with the "chinese takeway" plan back in the January window and cut our losses....too late to take that route now with the Chinese League apparently in crisis.
When he has been fit and on his game, most will say he is unplayable against, but he's just not been available enough for us over the seasons that he's been on our books.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

JCA wrote:Should have gone with the "chinese takeway" plan back in the January window and cut our losses....too late to take that route now with the Chinese League apparently in crisis.
When he has been fit and on his game, most will say he is unplayable against, but he's just not been available enough for us over the seasons that he's been on our books.
He would never have agreed to go to china with a young family here, it ain't as easy as that
simon1982
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by simon1982 »

From the outside looking in it's frustrating but I'm pretty sure a professional footballer enjoys spending time on the sidelines. His body isn't up to it, imo it's as simple as that.
A good player when fit but unfortunately we don't get to see it that often
scatts
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by scatts »

Good as he is in the relatively few games we see him he's been getting on my nerves for a while now, like a couple of years while.

This season I want to see Chica and another new striker doing the hard work and him making the occasional cameo appearance, or preferably going somewhere else but the chances of anyone else being as foolish as we were is very doubtful.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 874 likes
Total likes: 855 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Oh Andy, how has it come to this. On your day, a sight for sore eyes as you rise like the proverbial salmon to blast the ball into the back of the net. However, these days are becoming fewer and even farther between. A fully fit Andy Carroll is the 20 goal a season striker we crave for and the potential of a partnership between Hernandez and Big Andy could be lethal, almost the perfect big man/little man combination. The problem is that Big Andy isn't even a 20 game a season striker. He could have been our most productive striker since the heady days of TC & Macca, but alas will go down as just another n'er do well. Shame, big shame and if he could be shifted this window, with regret, I say it's time to say goodbye.
only1post
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by only1post »

sanchoz wrote:Carroll wins January Goal of the Month

http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017 ... goal-month" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Roby
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 263 likes

Post by Roby »

Kialos wrote:I wish the club did a Chelsea on him.
I honestly don't think he's anywhere near the same problem as Bosnich and Mutu caused them.

I just think he's a boozer, perhaps not the sharpest tool in the shed either and earned too much from his record move to Liverpool. He thought he'd made it and he hadn't.

They bombed him out pretty quick when they realised he didn't have an all round game.

In the five seasons at West Ham he's had maybe ten outstanding games but the stats don't lie. 30 goals in about 100 league games for us plus no England caps.

He's regressing and unless he pulls his finger out his arse he's gonna be playing for one of the big Championship clubs or Celtic soon.

Sadly I don't think he cares though.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

sanchoz wrote:Carroll wins January Goal of the Month

http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017 ... goal-month" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's just a bloody long ball merchant..
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1514 likes
Total likes: 3174 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

It's criminal the damage he has done?!

He's taken some wages and there's a few photos of his m drunk. We'll never recover...
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2490 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Rocketron wrote: I don't look forward to seeing him again.
When he plays we forget to play football and hoof it up to him.
Doesn't happen anywhere near as much as it used to under Sam, just when chasing a goal late on.
rottiel

Post by rottiel »

Marky wrote:I wonder if he is ever going to play again.

No one knows whats wrong with him and he was meant to be playing in April!
Let's hope we are holding him back untill fully recovered this time rather than try rush him back before he's ready and straight into another injury.

Who knows though :eh:
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Roby wrote:I just think he's a boozer, perhaps not the sharpest tool in the shed either and earned too much from his record move to Liverpool. He thought he'd made it and he hadn't.
his bank account says he had!

i disagree on the lump-it-high style of football thing though. you can play good football with him in the side.
it is maybe easier to get lazy and kick it long, yes, but that's not andy's fault.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 865 likes
Total likes: 4269 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

rottiel wrote:
Let's hope we are holding him back untill fully recovered this time rather than try rush him back before he's ready and straight into another injury.

Who knows though :eh:
I don't think there is such a thing as a fully recovered Andy Carroll. Unfortunately I think he is brittle and always will be.

It would be a shame if that was the long and short of it, but it sours when you take into account the way he treats his approach to it all. Massively disrespectful to the fans IMO.
Macca1973
Has liked: 1833 likes
Total likes: 1145 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

[quote="only1post"][quote="sanchoz"]Carroll wins January Goal of the Month

http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017 ... goal-month" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think this is the biggest shame of all, I know he's on a lot on money but I for one think he is absolutely top drawer when he has had a few games, if he was sh*t no one would care. I still love him and hope he comes back in September ready to challenge Hernandez for the starting spot :scarfer:
ireland hammer

Post by ireland hammer »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:Oh Andy, how has it come to this. On your day, a sight for sore eyes as you rise like the proverbial salmon to blast the ball into the back of the net. However, these days are becoming fewer and even farther between. A fully fit Andy Carroll is the 20 goal a season striker we crave for and the potential of a partnership between Hernandez and Big Andy could be lethal, almost the perfect big man/little man combination. The problem is that Big Andy isn't even a 20 game a season striker. He could have been our most productive striker since the heady days of TC & Macca, but alas will go down as just another n'er do well. Shame, big shame and if he could be shifted this window, with regret, I say it's time to say goodbye.

Well said a shame is right ....
but were stuck with him so please get fit for your 8 or 10 games and out again for a year makes me so f kin angry ,,,,,,,,,,
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Aztec Hammer wrote:
I don't think there is such a thing as a fully recovered Andy Carroll.

Now are you referring to his fitness or alcoholism? :D
IanBishopLegend7

Post by IanBishopLegend7 »

He looks great in the kit though. The shirts always fit him perfectly.
jastons
Has liked: 894 likes
Total likes: 851 likes

Post by jastons »

Marky wrote:I wonder if he is ever going to play again.

No one knows whats wrong with him and he was meant to be playing in April!
It really does make you wonder, doesn't it? Three months later and he isn't even training with the first team.