Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 610 likes

Andy Carroll

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Has been moved for now until we can tidy up some of the potentially libleous comments.

Further comments making unsubstantiated allegations may be deleted and posters sanctioned.

Thanks for your patience

:kumb:
The Lone Hammer

Re: Carroll thread.

Post by The Lone Hammer »

Good idea. It was getting out of hand.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 2343 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

For £2m more than we paid for Carroll we could bought all four of West Brom's strike force - Long, Anichibe, Sessegnon and Anelka. Obv Berinho doesn't count as he came through yoof team. All of them cost at least two thirds of what we wasted on Jarvis as well. I know which team got the best deal and they don't play in claret and blue
thewizz70

Post by thewizz70 »

I've read all sorts of "news" about Carroll's potential return over the past few weeks. Does anyone on here have any solid information about a realistic return date?

Despite a barrage of "Andy's useless, should have bought someone else" comments, I really think once fit he is a great buy. Everyone (I would say most of all Carroll himself) is frustrated as hell with his injury issues, however he is still yound and if he can get and stay fit is will prove to be a huge asset. I not only think he is a goal threat, but more importantly he provides the players around him great oppurtunities to score as well.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1635 likes
Total likes: 501 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Sorry if that was my posting of a conversation I heard - I didn't mean to cause the forum grief.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:For £2m more than we paid for Carroll we could bought all four of West Brom's strike force - Long, Anichibe, Sessegnon and Anelka. Obv Berinho doesn't count as he came through yoof team. All of them cost at least two thirds of what we wasted on Jarvis as well. I know which team got the best deal and they don't play in claret and blue
Eh?

Anichebe is a terrible, terrible footballer.

Anelka has done nothing and looks past it.

Sessegnon looks world class one game and Maiga-esque the next, hence why he plays for West Brom.

Long is a good player but, again, struggles at times.

I'm hardly lauding the Carroll signing as a coup but have a bit of perspective once in a while instead of watching a few goals fly in against a sh*t side and starting to sulk.
Crouchend_Hammer

I am not sulking. They got four fit strikers, all of whom are perfectly capable of scoring goals in the Premiership, for just over the cost we paid for an unfit one. All four would walk into our team at this point. How anyone could argue we got a better deal I will never know. IMHO of course
Major
%&!$
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 330 likes

Post by Major »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:I am not sulking. They got four fit strikers, all of whom are perfectly capable of scoring goals in the Premiership, for just over the cost we paid for an unfit one. All four would walk into our team at this point. How anyone could argue we got a better deal I will never know. IMHO of course
All you do is sulk.

You're like my bitch of an ex wife, no perspective and want it all now. We have bought a player that could and IMO will, become one of the best strikers in the Premier league.

You would prefer to have 4 average strikers, we have 3 of those already, unfortunately 2 of those are injured as well. Suppose thats Allardyce fault too?

You are a fine example of the Mcdonalds society we live in, patience is a virtue and generally pays dividends, stop whining like a big Girl.
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

Sessegnon is a poor man's Victor Obinna.
Billydinho

Post by Billydinho »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:I am not sulking. They got four fit strikers, all of whom are perfectly capable of scoring goals in the Premiership, for just over the cost we paid for an unfit one. All four would walk into our team at this point. How anyone could argue we got a better deal I will never know. IMHO of course
I'd prefer an injured Andy Carroll on the books to a fit Anichebe thanks.
Crouchend_Hammer

Here we go again. Someone says something 'Major' disagrees with and up he pops slagging them off. My opinion is my opinion. Nothing to do with having to wait for Carroll, or being impatient. I would prefer to have their four strikers over a fit Carroll anyway, because as have mentioned before I don't rate him much. If I am proved wrong and he gets fit and bangs in the goals great, but not everyone had your unshakeable belief in his ability. Nothing to do with being a 'girl' or a 'sulk' or part of the 'McDonalds generation' or whatever that is supposed to be - some kind of 'clever' link to not waiting to wait for stuff I suppose
Crouchend_Hammer

Pretty sure I wasn't comparing Anichebe to Carroll but nice use of completely changing my point to suit your argument Billy
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1294 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:For £2m more than we paid for Carroll we could bought all four of West Brom's strike force - Long, Anichibe, Sessegnon and Anelka.
Can you show us the post where you were suggesting we do this before the season started.
Billydinho

Post by Billydinho »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Pretty sure I wasn't comparing Anichebe to Carroll but nice use of completely changing my point to suit your argument Billy
Well, what were you saying then?
Crouchend_Hammer

No I can't because I am not a professional football agent or professional football manager and didn't know they were for sale, plus Long signed for a West Brom ages ago. I can however show you many many posts where I was very against the Carroll signing for the money we paid so this is not just because he is injured. I was merely pointing out there are plenty of better ways of building a stronger, more balanced squad with the money, and in my opinion West Brom have got better value for their cash
Crouchend_Hammer

I would rather have their four strikers than Carroll. Fit or not. Nothing to do with preferring Anichebe on his own to Carroll. If you don't agree fair enough but don't try to twist what I said
Major
%&!$
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 330 likes

Post by Major »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Here we go again. Someone says something 'Major' disagrees with and up he pops slagging them off. My opinion is my opinion. Nothing to do with having to wait for Carroll, or being impatient. I would prefer to have their four strikers over a fit Carroll anyway, because as have mentioned before I don't rate him much. If I am proved wrong and he gets fit and bangs in the goals great, but not everyone had your unshakeable belief in his ability. Nothing to do with being a 'girl' or a 'sulk' or part of the 'McDonalds generation' or whatever that is supposed to be - some kind of 'clever' link to not waiting to wait for stuff I suppose
To be fair its not that "clever" is it? its just a phrase used by adults about impatience.

I am giving you my opinion thats all, and it that you are clueless and have no patience or perspective about our situation.

Would like to know how the 4 wages you suggest stack up against AC's wage? guessing that they average more than 20k a week each? don't really know? you also have bonuses, signing on fees X4 and all the other stuff around 4 x transfers such as agents fees etc. Im guessing they cost more than our very good striker? just a guess..

Its called perspective when you think of things rationally like this you should try it
Billydinho

Post by Billydinho »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:I would rather have their four strikers than Carroll. Fit or not. Nothing to do with preferring Anichebe on his own to Carroll. If you don't agree fair enough but don't try to twist what I said
But why?

We have three striker currently, all of which ain't any worse than Anichebe, Anelka or Sessegnon (if asked to play up front on his own) and one injured.

You're just annoyed because West Brom are on Sky, have three strikers on their bench and one on the pitch who scored two.

If Brentford were on you'd say let's sign Clayton Donaldson.

Just turn the telly of mate.
Last edited by Billydinho on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Did any other club bar us really go after AC? Prior to the loan deal for a year.
Other than a sort of sniff from Newcastle i cannot remeber any other club getting involved, just seems weird as he was hailed as the next big thing for England.
Crouchend_Hammer

No idea what patience has to do with it. I don't think Carroll will prove to be a good signing. If it was a player I did rate then would be happy to be patient. As much as you dislike it, you can't afford to be too patient in football nowadays or before you know it we will be back in the Championship and Carroll won't be here anyway to score all these goals you expect