Andy Carroll

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Andy Carroll

Postby e17 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:36 pm

Overchuffed wrote:Andy Carroll has played 110 Premier League games of a possible 220 to date - 50%.
So in the 6 years he has been at the club he has only been available for 3 of those.....staggering when you think about it. .

That 3 doesn’t take into consideration how often during those his inclusion in the starting 11 signalled guaranteed dirge football. Whenever he’s had long runs it’s gone that way, under Slav & Sam there were times his name appearing on the match programme brought a palpable actual groan. Despite any and all the stats.

TOMOS - you’re lucky you live so far mate when it’s come to the rose tinteds towards Wor Andy - not all his fault - he’s an easy target & therefore PERFECT for premiership managers desperate for points
e17

Postby Lincolnhammer92 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:58 pm

Arnie is better.
Lincolnhammer92

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:59 am

Another cracking goal from ANDY !!!!!! And another point towards safety .

Where are the detractors tonight ?? :)
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Jumby on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:08 am

His goals to games ratio, given the injuries, is pretty impressive.
Jumby

Postby hadleighhammer on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:11 am

I still want the waste of £90k/week gone ASAP. That even if we could sell him we couldnt command a fee for him s peaks volumes about him.

Im not so fickle that 1 goal in a cameo appearance changes my view of him.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

Postby goa127 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:16 am

Frustrating isn't the word. Just when you've given up on him he comes on and scores the equaliser. The thing is the sight of Carroll coming on strikes fear into defenders of any team, he has almost done his job without kicking the ball
goa127

Postby kayahammer on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:29 am

He is massive for us when defending crosses (corners, free kicks), as long as he doesn't try to control the ball.

He is good at occupying two defenders.

He is always willing.

He can score goals.

But, he can't stop getting injured. If the Chinese come back in for him (or Chelsea :lol: ) then I would say get rid.

And you know as soon as we sell him he won't get injured again for the rest of his career
kayahammer

Postby Status Kev on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:53 am

It's so frustrating. A fit Andy Carroll is unplayable at times. He should have got us a penalty tonight after being wrestled to the ground. Great finish as well. I've got to admit I'm a big fan of Andy. Proper old fashioned centre forward. I can understand why people would want to let him go with his injury record but I'd be gutted to see him leave.
Status Kev

Postby BondsoBob on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:13 am

I don't think anyone on here doubts that he is a great player on his day. The trouble is he just doesn't have enough 'days'.
A player that misses 2 out of every 3 games through injury is a luxury that very few sides can afford, let alone West Ham.
BondsoBob

Postby MorthwylMawr on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:57 am

Welcome back Andy, a positive impact last night and a well taken goal. Now please please please stay injury free!
MorthwylMawr

Postby Clacton-ammer on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:12 am

goa127 wrote:Frustrating isn't the word. Just when you've given up on him he comes on and scores the equaliser. The thing is the sight of Carroll coming on strikes fear into defenders of any team, he has almost done his job without kicking the ball

Agree all, he also gives the crowd a buzz. As you say, frustrating isn't the word!!!! Very tidy finish as well.

Would target him starting against Arsenal, he will batter them. (well, for 60 mins)
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Postby somerset-hammer on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:22 am

As good as and as important as the goal was, we know how this plays out, he will stay fit now until the end of the season, thus decreasing the intensity in finding a replacement, late September he will pick up a 'knock' that will keep out until Christmas, he'll be fit in time for the relegation run in where he will keep us up, and then he'll be rewarded with a new 7-year contract...

I want him to do well, and he is an asset when fit, but we cannot keep relying on him like we do.
somerset-hammer

Postby only1post on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:35 am

BondsoBob wrote:I don't think anyone on here doubts that he is a great player on his day.

So why do so many posters on here describe him as a donkey?
only1post

Postby Roby on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:38 am

Great goal last night, easily in the top five of the 33 league goals he's scored for us.

33 goals... and he's now at the tail end of his sixth season with us.

Offer him a one year extension, if he won't accept that then sell him in the summer whilst he can still walk without crutches.
Roby

Postby hammerman11 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:41 am

great goal last night but really 15 mins football since jan 2nd.

we need to sell him asap. hopefully a goal at the weekend and his value might nudge towards the 15m mark.

if we play with him as has been seen over the years we play hoof ball.

too slow, too injured for us.

thanks for the odd good moment andy but goodbye.

we need younger and fitter players.
hammerman11

Postby somerset-hammer on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:43 am

hammerman11 wrote:great goal last night but really 15 mins football since jan 2nd.

we need to sell him asap. hopefully a goal at the weekend and his value might nudge towards the 15m mark.

if we play with him as has been seen over the years we play hoof ball.

too slow, too injured for us.

thanks for the odd good moment andy but goodbye.

we need younger and fitter players.

But who, hammerman11, who??
somerset-hammer

Postby wizzo_66 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:46 am

wizzo_66 wrote: We wouldn't be talking about his injuries if we were using him from the bench and he came up with the odd winner here and there.

Another one to the list Andy.

4 points directly attributable to him now. Against key sides as well.

We'd be sat barely a couple points and one place over the relegation zone now without his contribution, at best.
wizzo_66

Postby claretandblue82 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:58 am

Why is it every time he scores the pundits start going on about whether he should go to the World Cup! He's barely played and has only scored 3 goals. :P
claretandblue82

Postby jaybs on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:01 am

Yes he scored and we all clapped, but he is far to slow most of the time, his injury record will not pass like a miracle, it is time to cut our losses, and we have lost out with him, goodbye and bring in someone much better.
jaybs

Postby hammerleroy on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:05 am

Hasn't he got another year to go on his contract? :crest:
hammerleroy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion