Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by -DL- »

^^^^You after a job as a headline writer with the Daily Express?
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Instead of our attitude being keep him he is a good option to have on the bench. Why not sign another player that has similar strengths of Carroll and on cheaper wages?

Who, I don't know. That's down to Husillos and the scouts to identify the player. But I am sure you can find a hidden gem out there.

I am not doubting Carroll's ability and how many points we can gain from having him in the squad. But it's irrelevant if he is only available for 6 games a season! :eh:

Just imagine how many more points we could get if we can have another fitter player waiting in the wings ALL season, instead of waiting for Carroll to tire of his nightclub crawl.

Sadly I think we'll stupidly give him a contract extension no matter how many more injuries he picks up for the rest of the season. But for me he'd be the first out of the door in the summer and I would start scouting for potential replacements now.
Hammer_atown

Post by Hammer_atown »

jaybs wrote:This is turning into a PANTOMIME! he has to GO! the owners are so weak! use part of his salary to the the contract signed with DECLAN RICE! a real Hammer not a part time one for money only.
Oh no it isn't!
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

funky chicken wrote:Instead of our attitude being keep him he is a good option to have on the bench. Why not sign another player that has similar strengths of Carroll and on cheaper wages?
but he's unplayable on his day!
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1985 likes
Total likes: 1660 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

funky chicken wrote:Instead of our attitude being keep him he is a good option to have on the bench. Why not sign another player that has similar strengths of Carroll and on cheaper wages?
warp wrote: but he's unplayable on his day!
but which day would that be warp ?

:?

:wink:
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

pretty sure it's in july...
Mosterhammer
Has liked: 1141 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Mosterhammer »

thosewerethedays wrote:I think he has been brilliant, obviously all our goals against Palace were due to their defenders worrying about him, rather than the skills of our players.
It was clear on Tuesday that the only reason Perez scored two goals was because Cardiff’s defence had been scared that Andy Carroll might have come on and so they unconsciously relaxed, giving Perez room to score.
He’s unplayable.
Sorry, run out of cliches now.
He’s a limited player. He only gets on the end of floated crosses, that are much harder to score from than whipped in crosses. Any decent defenders find him easy to defend against as he is so predictable and he has no pace to worry them.
He works hard on the pitch and if we are dominating possession but having trouble unlocking defences late in the game, he is a useful substitute.
This :thup: a thousand times this.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

carol should be released in the summer or sold to barcodes in January as we cant rely on him and we need to build for the future and he is not it. we want to play fast attacking football but he is too slow and too brittle for us.

good on his day. the last one being against WBNA in January !

time to say goodbye.
gegsy
Has liked: 237 likes
Total likes: 170 likes

Post by gegsy »

Surprised this hasn't been done yet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... jokes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Made me laugh anyway. He's got a decent agent.

Good that they referenced the Palace goal. Gave himself whiplash scoring that and was out injured afterwards (again). :D
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Post by S-H »

"It's stupid things, like I went to Lapland UK. I'm standing there with the kids. Someone called hammerman11 skates over, 'Lovely to meet you... don't be getting on the ice, I don't want you falling over and getting injured'. Everywhere I go it's the same b*******."
gegsy
Has liked: 237 likes
Total likes: 170 likes

Post by gegsy »

S-H wrote: "It's stupid things, like I went to Lapland UK. I'm standing there with the kids. Someone called hammerman11 skates over, 'Lovely to meet you... don't be getting on the ice, I don't want you falling over and getting injured'. Everywhere I go it's the same b*******.[/i]"
Haahahaha

Watch out for the stairs Andy. :D
Espio
Has liked: 20 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Espio »

If he would accept lower wages (and let’s face it, nobody is going to pay him what we currently do - especially in London), I would keep him personally.

All the reasons have been covered here about what he brings. Even though he manages a third of each season at best, I enjoy watching him play and I do think he earns us points when he does (arguably we could have gone down last year without his appearances - West Brom in particular).

Also, with Hernandez, Arnie and Perez all potentially looking to be off in the summer, there’s another factor.

Let’s face it, if he’s fit all the time then he would be playing for a better club than us, and we’re not going to find anyone much better than Perez quality for 4th choice.
sxreject1
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by sxreject1 »

It's a piss take...if he some how manages to play 3 games on the bounce and they are stupid enough to give him another contract then you know the moon is made of cheese.

He is a ****ing joke and the footballing equivalent of a dinosaur and just doesn't fit in with the way Pelli wants to play. Furthermore if you watch he even bottled the header for the last goal.
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

N/A
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

No Way should we even be considering a new contract!
ludo22
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 133 likes

Post by ludo22 »

After all the aggro with Carroll and his complete inability to stay fit,are we really going to turn down the opportunity to get rid of him for free?His ability on the pitch is pretty much irrelevant because the ****er hardly ever plays.We would be completely insane to offer him absolutely anything except a pay as you play deal and I am not sure that would be worth it because most of the time he is coming off an injury and is miles behind the game.
61dicksey
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 435 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Have we missed him no, because we have never really have had him to miss in 90% of our games .
Bye Andy find a nice warm retirement club somewhere, Australia? Florida , UAE
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1985 likes
Total likes: 1660 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

if we say pay him 40K per game - would anyone be for or against ?

me ? obviously against as it would work out to be 80+K per game because he's only ever fit for the equivalent of 14 games a season (minutes actually on the pitch)...

why do we have a thumbs up emoji but no thumbs down emoji ?

:?
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

jaybs wrote:No Way should we even be considering a new contract!
Really? You surprise me...
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Let him go at the end of the season and then go after Giroud.