Andy Carroll

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Andy Carroll

Postby Nesticles on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:55 am

For how long he has been out, massive credit as he looked on the money from the start yesterday

It's such a shame any game time out of him is a bonus, as you cannot rely on him being fit

I can see a problem developing for Bilic, if starting Carroll means we have to shoehorn Hernandez out into a wide position. If both starting, they have to both play central imo.
Nesticles

Postby swerley on Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:31 am

I wouldn't start Carroll regularly. I would play Chichirito off Antonio to start, and bring Andy in as a sub.
Stinks but too many game minutes would mean back to the medical ward.
swerley

Postby LincolnshireHammer on Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:08 am

Would it be deemed stupid and ridiculous to just play Chic and Andy down the middle? 2 up top.
LincolnshireHammer

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:09 pm

Whether you like carroll or not, there is no way you can play him, hernandez, lanzini and antonio in the same team, without Hernandez being wasted out wide, or Antonio wasted at RWB

For me, for most games Hernandez and Antonio should fill two of the front '3' with Lanzini behind. The other widish position in front 3 should be Ayew or Arnie
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby MB on Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:28 pm

LincolnshireHammer wrote:Would it be deemed stupid and ridiculous to just play Chic and Andy down the middle? 2 up top.

In a 352 with Lanzini behind would be lovely. In a 442 we'd get murdered!
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton

Postby IanBishopLegend7 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:49 pm

Was frustrating that Chicha was 20 yards behind him everytime he won a header. Antonio was in-front but way too close. Hope that one is worked on in training.
IanBishopLegend7

Previous

Return to General Discussion