Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

prophet:marginal
Has liked: 838 likes
Total likes: 1983 likes

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by prophet:marginal »

DDHammer wrote:His pass accuracy puts him in 19th, only ahead of Joe Hart.
:lol:
e17 wrote:Same goal tally this season too
Fewer assists

ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

He's had 4 yellows and 1 red (and lucky not to get another against Watford) in 7 PL games this season.

He misses two thirds of each season injured and the other third banned ffs.

High time to ditch Shandy Carroll
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

There was a post on Instagram saying that we are going to listen to offers for him. Who would sign him?

I'd be so hacked off if he stayed fit once he left.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2438 likes
Total likes: 4295 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Started 5 games this season - we picked up 8 points.

The 7 he hasn't started - we've got 1.

that also means that the 7 where we have started with Hernandez up top have yielded one point. we've also won every cup tie where Hernandez hasn't started.

Carroll doesn't ruin our game; Hernandez does.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Because Chicharito is a luxury player for teams than can afford luxuries.

AC on the other hand is a ****.
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 245 likes

Post by steps »

Carroll is yesterday’s man. A dying breed of striker mainly suited to Championship or struggling Prem teams.

I don’t think he’ll be here next season, unless we do get relegated.

0 goals, 0 assists in 12 games.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2438 likes
Total likes: 4295 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

steps wrote:Carroll is yesterday’s man. A dying breed of striker mainly suited to Championship or struggling Prem teams.

I don’t think he’ll be here next season, unless we do get relegated.

0 goals, 0 assists in 12 games.
Yet
Started 5 games this season - we picked up 8 points.

The team performs better.
Status Kev
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Status Kev »

It's not just lumping the ball up to him though it's getting to the byline and delivering crosses. When do we get close to the byline?
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 838 likes
Total likes: 1983 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

bubbles1966 wrote:Started 5 games this season - we picked up 8 points.

that also means that the 7 where we have started with Hernandez up top have yielded one point. we've also won every cup tie where Hernandez hasn't started.

:D

Brilliant forumming.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Carroll's presence were felt in the games against Huddersfield, Swansea and Burnley.

Bilic knew exactly what was his game. Hernandez was a new addition. Considering that, he has been effective when pushed up field.

We'll need both if we want to stay in the money league.
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

shortofbrillant wrote:The two issues I see right now, which have been going on for awhile now.

1) We play it up to Carroll, but no one plays off of him.
Should be an ideal player to play off, Kevin Nolan used to do it well enough.

Wasn't his day at Watford was it, took a barracking off the fans for what he'd said, then took another one from the gaffer in the dressing room by all accounts...

Hopefully the two things together will liven his ideas up.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

bubbles1966 wrote:Started 5 games this season - we picked up 8 points.

The problem Bubs is that during those 5 games everything was reliant on him staying on the pitch and the ball staying in the air. As soon as that is not an option there has been no thought of an alternative. I see what you're saying and in terms of a results based business, it doesn't matter that for the vast majority of those games the football has been atrocious.

I am genuinely of the belief that it's the complete lack of a "Plan B" involving Hernandez and his strengths that cost Bilic his job. Alarm bells rang as soon as it seemed to be "small nimble bloke you can run down the wing"... Utilising facts and figures in the same manner you have, Hernandez is a player who wins matches with the ability to score goals, and has a track record of actually staying fit enough to play consecutive football games for his wages.

The warning signs on that score were there with Zaza last season, but the bloke was too gracious and lacking in confidence to see that it wasn't all his fault that he wasn't Andy Carroll.
Patito

Post by Patito »

4 goals in 890 minutes though for Hernandez....
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2358 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

I appreciate it makes me a fairweather fan, but my attendance tonight may well be influenced by whether Carroll is in the line up or not

No one I go with is going, so I will have to go on my todd regardless. If Carroll is named in the starting eleven that will bring my enthusiasm for attending down a fair bit
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:I appreciate it makes me a fairweather fan, but my attendance tonight may well be influenced by whether Carroll is in the line up or not

No one I go with is going, so I will have to go on my todd regardless. If Carroll is named in the starting eleven that will bring my enthusiasm for attending down a fair bit
I'm in work early Saturday morning, so it's hard to get myself buzzing about going tonight, but I still will.

I don't think we should play Carroll either. I would go with Sakho and Ayew personally. With the pace they have, we need a bit ourselves, and could do without being slowed down by his presence.
Graza

Post by Graza »

Iron-worx wrote: Hopefully the two things together will liven his ideas up.
Nah. I've seen nothing from him since he got here that suggests he accepts and assimilates criticism to make himself a better player.

He'll show up, take his cheque and nothing else.
Hammer83
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

Bubbles stats don’t mean a great deal especially when Carroll never scored or got an assist in those games.The fact is they have both played in an awful team this season and yet Hernandez has 4 goals to 0 without the team playing to his strengths.

When Hernandez plays for a team that plays proper football like Man Utd Madrid etc and his country he produces the goods.I admit pre season I though Hernandez would get us 15,now I don’t because of how we play he will still out score Carroll by a mile.We play terrible to watch football when Carroll plays and he hardly ever looks like scoring. We need to play 3-5-2 more solid at the back passing on the floor with our best goal poachers upfront Hernandez and Ayew. I can’t wait for the day this over paid non goal scoring crock is off our wage bill. He gets off lightly on here because he is English swap his and Sakho Nationalities around then the responses to both would be interesting.
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:I appreciate it makes me a fairweather fan, but my attendance tonight may well be influenced by whether Carroll is in the line up or not

I'm not going tonight because I simply cannot be ****ing arsed.

I'm going to stay at home and draw Andy Carroll using MS Paint, to go with the David Sullivan masterpiece I created last night.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

You don’t half banging that anti-Carroll drum hard and often.

You know he didn’t feature in any of Man Utd (0-4), Newcastle (0-3) or Brighton (0-3). They weren’t exactly a joy to watch either.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Bubbles with his classic A-Z logic, missing out everything in between.