Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

ginghamdress
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 76 likes

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by ginghamdress »

scoobydo wrote:Just kick him out! don't pay him and see if he wants to fight us in court, a total idiot and he is making mugs of us all, in any other real-world job that's what would happen...
Why is he a total idiot?

Workers have rights in "the real world". You can't just kick people out of work for getting injured whilst at work, if you do you open yourself up to all sorts of legal action.
We_are_BML
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by We_are_BML »

Not read up but has anyone heard the rumour the injury was sustained sneaking into his hotel room in Switzerland after a night on the lash? Doing the rounds on twitter at the moment
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

We_are_BML wrote:Not read up but has anyone heard the rumour the injury was sustained sneaking into his hotel room in Switzerland after a night on the lash? Doing the rounds on twitter at the moment
Some people also saying these injuries are cover ups for failing in house drug tests. Think that's all they are "rumours" both injured is not exactly unlikely now is it. Guess chadwell heath wasn't the issue after all
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 119 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

I think he was just worried that Wilshere was going to take his place in the treatment room :D
SullySpecial
Has liked: 257 likes
Total likes: 636 likes

Post by SullySpecial »

Both injuries announced on the same day, and out for the same time. A conspiracy is afoot.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1272 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

SullySpecial wrote:Both injuries announced on the same day, and out for the same time. A conspiracy is afoot.
“Discomfort” in the ankle.
“Swelling” in the knee.
“bull****” in the story.
noblecause

Post by noblecause »

Definitely smell a rat with this one.
S-H
Has liked: 5725 likes
Total likes: 9642 likes

Post by S-H »

noblecause wrote:Definitely smell a rat with this one.
Yep.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1470 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

I think it's because they can't keep up with Pelle boy's hard training routines, they are not able for it.
smuts
Has liked: 1493 likes
Total likes: 1429 likes

Post by smuts »

BondsoBob wrote:Why not, as was mooted on here last time, don't the club make him do something, anything to earn his wages ? Even if it's just sitting in the office answering the phone. Make him do something for his £80,000 a week !
Get him to sort out the ST waiting list.

"Whyaye pet, guess hoos ganning to the top of the list".
Loon

Post by Loon »

We need an England style clear out. Let's give the youngsters a go. For too long we've been a retirement home for players past their best. Radical change needed.
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by costa75 »

I get no pleasure from saying this because when he is fit I like him as a player, but AC is a liability that we must get rid of at the earliest opportunity. He is, and always has been a very fragile player. He always will be........... Ideally I would like to keep him as an impact sub, but in reality he could not even be relied upon for that because of his constant injuries.

However, I'm sure he is more disappointed than anyone, and some of the comments I've read are well over the top.
BillUp
Location: If God wanted us to play football in the clouds, he would have put grass there. Brian Clough.
Has liked: 1 like

Post by BillUp »

Beavis Danzig wrote:what's the benefit of paying off a contract?

might aswell just send him on a tour of kids' hospitals or have him licking stamps in the post room.
I don't want him anywhere near our team anymore. Its no secret his professionalism has been put into question on numerous occasions. It can't be good for the dressing room. He has no right to be mixing with the rest of the squad anymore. I just can't believe his injuries are all down to bad luck.

Pay him up and let Bupa look after him.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1272 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Interesting view from IRONMIKE on the situation...

12 Jul 2018 23:13:59
Hi fellas Well with Carroll nobody expects anything different honestly if I was running the club I would just make a deal with him on the last year of contract and get rid of him he's. Bad Karma and just add it to the costs REID However is an altogether different story he's been on a round the world jaunt. Hiking diving etc etc now his knees no good and he needs more surgery he's got another five years on his contract ! I'm sure you will all remember we said that was madness at the time well it's proved to be so and DS has no one to blame but himself he was told not to do it this will put the ice on talks for Ogbonna with Napoli and. Now CB back on the menu again IRONMIKE.
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

Carroll has to have been one of the worst signings in the history of the club - not just for the vast amount of money spend on his transfer and wages that could have been spent on player(s) who actually were fit occasionally, but for the years when the team's tactics were built around launching the ball into orbit so that he could head the ball to a defender.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 743 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

we all like andy when fit and playing but enough is enough. no one will buy him so we have two options pay him off or try yet again to get 10 games from him this season. obviously he wont accept less than his contract so its back to the treatment room for him.
makes a new striker a priority as we only have Hernandez and arnie. rondon for 15m would be sensible.

reid is another who we cannot rely on and is why we need to get another CB in asap.
ogbonna rice diop and the brazillian if he joins is all we have. so I hope we get mawson or similar in now.
Ariksan
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by Ariksan »

thejackhammer wrote:
His contract is up this year. Until then there’s no poIsn’t getting rid unless someone offers us a fee.
Unless we can collect insurance.
S-H
Has liked: 5725 likes
Total likes: 9642 likes

Post by S-H »

If he really is injured..

At least he's had courtesy of doing before the transfer window slams shut.
Thanks, Andy
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 743 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

we are stuck with him as doctors wont write him off for the insurance as he is back in 3 months then out for another 4 !

just need to get a new striker in now
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1975 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:It’s tragic really. There is a theory to his fragility you know. As a teenager he was a short arse full back. He then grew at an incredible rate. The theory is this made him very suspectible to injury which unfortunately has been proven.

None of this is his fault. The derisory comments on here and by some cretin called carol Combes on claret and Hugh are a disgrace.
If true, then he should look after himself away from football to have the best possible chance of staying fit. He doesn't do that by a long stretch, so I have no sympathy whatsoever. He's stole a living from this club with his unreliability.