Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

hammernsickle
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by hammernsickle »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: I at least think everyone is entitled to their opinion (however wrong it might be ) without resulting in name calling....

8-)
The only name I called you is your own!

Of course everyone is entitled to his opinion. But if we were at the pub every night and one night you said Andy Carroll wasn't good for our football club I'd say sure, fair enough. But if you said it every single night I'd probably start defending him just out of ****ing spite.

Carroll didn't work out. Poor deal for the club. I don't think he's an evil b*stard or a piece of ****. I just think he was a young, unlucky, talented man who couldn't quite get his act together. Lucky for him he's rich now and probably could give a toss about us.

You think Andy Carroll was a waste of money? Don't blame him. Blame Sullivan.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

hammernsickle

read the rest of the posts - should have been clearer - wasn't aimed at you

secondly, should I change my mind about him every time it comes up ?

one week because he scores a corker, he's brilliant, the next because he has a useless game slag him off ?

he hasn't been a good deal for the club because whenever he has been injured - and I have not slagged him off for being perpetually injured but for the way he has NOT looked after himself during rehab.

don't you remember the pictures of him legless being half carried out of the pub in Ireland one Christmas party while being out injured ?

out with Randolph early doors on the lash, again while rehabbing an injury ?

early doors at a Micky Dee's wasn't it after a night out again while being out ?

in some club somewhere in Vegas I think it was on the dance floor while being out injured ?

I am not slagging off Wilshere, he was a risk, but he has taken steps in his lifestyle to try to ensure that he gets injured less, or help out his rehab.

players deserve the money they get, its a billion pound a year industry.

it's up to them to ensure they take care of themselves off the field, the club's job on the field

he clearly hasn't and that's my gripe.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

We ain't renewing his contract and rightly so and he's got what?, just a further 8 weeks left on our payroll. I think that's right. So, he's in our employ for just two months until he's no longer under contract. I believe he earns £100k approx a week, so he will earn approx £800k between now and his contract is complete and we can say to him, see ya!. I'm sure I'm overlooking something, but if we continue to pay him £100k a week for the next 8 weeks he will earn the same sum of money if we were to pay up the remainder of his contract, approx £800k if we tell him to do one now and pay his own medical bill, especially since he has been stealing a living with us for the past 5 years and won't ever play another game in our colours. Is there any reason why we can't or should not do that?
Claret & Blue World
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Claret & Blue World »

Puff Daddy wrote:We ain't renewing his contract and rightly so and he's got what?, just a further 8 weeks left on our payroll. I think that's right. So, he's in our employ for just two months until he's no longer under contract. I believe he earns £100k approx a week, so he will earn approx £800k between now and his contract is complete and we can say to him, see ya!. I'm sure I'm overlooking something, but if we continue to pay him £100k a week for the next 8 weeks he will earn the same sum of money if we were to pay up the remainder of his contract, approx £800k if we tell him to do one now and pay his own medical bill, especially since he has been stealing a living with us for the past 5 years and won't ever play another game in our colours. Is there any reason why we can't or should not do that?
But but but T.O.M.O.S posted some highlight vids.

That makes it all o.k right ?
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

I can't wait to see who we waste his wages on.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

10-15 good games for us in 7 years.

A poor return for a player on those sort of wages and price tag.

Treats the sport with contempt as he has our club.

Do one you long haired prick. :thdn:
hammernsickle
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by hammernsickle »

No hard feelings Cuenca mate. Not mad at you and won't be. :thup:

I just feel that the off the pitch stuff we hear about is exaggerated or irrelevant depending on the story. What I absolutely agree upon is that regardless of the WHY this arrangement has not worked out and it's time for him to sail off into the sunset (or glue factory, whatever).

I don't blame Carroll anymore than I do Kieron Dyer or Jack Wilshere. I just wish we would stop signing ANYONE who has a dodgy injury record. We can turn world class athletes into sick notes just fine by ourselves, thank you very much. We don't need a (broken) leg up.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

didn't take it as that sorry if it came across that way...…

few people have had a pop as an insult and I don't think that is fair. we all have opinions. I am entitled to mine as everyone else is entitled to theirs.

the thing with his indiscretions are documented. that's the problem with social meedja these days, you can't do anything if you're famous without someone wanting a selfie with you or just taking a picture of someone famous out doing something they shouldn't.

the incidents involving him are on here somewhere I am sure. the photos of him being helped out of the pub at a Crimble do sticks in my mind because he was wearing a white suit covered in either Guinness or Jägermeister. and the other incidents were also photo'd and on here or in the Red Tops.

I think he has been quoted as saying something along the lines that he has no interest in football particularly, never watches games (fair enough) and that comes across as such.

I think the very least that any sportsman/woman owes any club that they play for and who pay them huge wages in respect of the ordinary man is to take care of themselves while working for the team.

I am pretty sure that if I had been off sick from my job, and pictured out on the lash with the lads getting legless, my bosses would suspend me or fire me. I coached soccer for a living in the States and we were told if we went out to a pub we were expected to change out of our club clothes or if that wasn't possible to put a no-name jacket or that over our club colours. we were also told in no uncertain terms that were we caught misbehaving and brining our club into disrepute we would be shown the door. they told us that they didn't expect us to be choir boys but to be respectful, don't bring ridicule to our club and to be a good example to our players and parents. what we did on our own time was obviously up to us, but were trusted to not put ourselves in a bad light.

like it or not, sports personalities are a role model. Charles Barkely (I think it was) famously said when questioned about something he did (and by goodness he did an awful lot in strip clubs and that) "I am NOT a role model." easier said than done.
jonbentleywhu

Post by jonbentleywhu »

S-H wrote:I can't wait to see who we waste his wages on.
gary cahill
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

"Winston Reid also has a long injury. Andy Carroll has had surgery on his ankle and Samir Nasri has a minor injury on his calf.
https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... ing-return" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That has to be confirmation that Caroll's time at WHUFC is done.
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 573 likes

Post by Coops »

Pinched from Facebook:
It’s Good Friday next week and our thoughts turn to a bloke with long hair who will always be remembered for dying on the end of a cross.. Happy Easter Andy Carroll
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Claret & Blue World wrote:
But but but T.O.M.O.S posted some highlight vids.

That makes it all o.k right ?

Well , I didn't write out his contract , that would have been David Sullivan , I also didn't give him 6 years at West Ham , that would have been David Sullivan again . He also gave Winston Reid and Mark Noble lengthy contracts late in their careers - it's David S who's been wasting West Ham's money not Andy Carroll .
Claret & Blue World
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Claret & Blue World »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Well , I didn't write out his contract , that would have been David Sullivan , I also didn't give him 6 years at West Ham , that would have been David Sullivan again . He also gave Winston Reid and Mark Noble lengthy contracts late in their careers - it's David S who's been wasting West Ham's money not Andy Carroll .
So basically everyone elses fault for his utter pathetic contribution to the club but his own.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

I understand the club are organising a testimonial match for him for his physio's
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

jonbentleywhu wrote:gary cahill
Tim Cahill, more like.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Nah, it's inkeeping with our identity:

Tim Mallett.
sxreject1
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by sxreject1 »

Well , I didn't write out his contract , that would have been David Sullivan , I also didn't give him 6 years at West Ham , that would have been David Sullivan again . He also gave Winston Reid and Mark Noble lengthy contracts late in their careers - it's David S who's been wasting West Ham's money not Andy Carroll .[/quote]

How can you compare Noble to Carroll?..some people.
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by MadMart »

Proved to be a busted flush with off field antics and injuries taking centre stage. He did win the :kumb: best signing 2012/13 so that shows what us ****ers really know, ha
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

Only another two weeks of this useless lump now before he's shown the door
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Puff Daddy wrote:Only another two weeks of this useless lump now before he's shown the door
The morning after stuffing Spurs at their new gaff, you dig out a thread that's not been posted in for a fortnight just to write that?

Have a ****ing word with yourself.