Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 872 likes
Total likes: 849 likes

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Took his goal well last night and unlucky with the handball decision with his assist for our final disallowed goal of the evening, yet again Big Andy gave us glimpses of what might have been. If Moyes had brought him on earlier we would have won that last night, no doubts.

It is such a shame - for him and us that we will never have him for more than a handful of games a season.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Quite a few ppl calling for him to board the plane to Russia with the rest of the England squad. He's got 5 games to stay fit and deliver the goals, but could definitely be in with an outside shout of replacing Welbeck on the fringes.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

DasNutNock wrote:Quite a few ppl calling for him to board the plane to Russia with the rest of the England squad. He's got 5 games to stay fit and deliver the goals, but could definitely be in with an outside shout of replacing Welbeck on the fringes.
If he could've stayed fit, I honestly think he could've been one of those players who plays better for country than his club. Look at Peter Crouch. His goal to game ratio for England is fantastic. Much better than at club football. I think this is because foreign defenders didn't know how to deal with him. Carroll could have had the same impact with England. Could you imagine him playing against Japan or Korea? Their defenders would **** themselves :lol:
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

TBH, if he's fit and in form (possibly the biggest "if" in club football), I'd take him. He offers something that no-one else in the squad does, and as you say, plenty of major footballing nations would be completely unprepared for his unique strengths.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Still, I wouldn't bet against him breaking his leg boarding the team bus, or going out in Moscow for a quick pint, never to be seen again.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

injury in 5, 4, 3...
badabing
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by badabing »

He’ll go down in football history in the same sort of bracket as Darren Anderton and Kieron Dyer, real talents who were always injured, which is a crying shame because make no mistake the boy is talented, fantastic when the right ball is played in the air and he has a sweet left foot too. It does annoy me when people label him a donkey as he’s far from that. I don’t think we’ve ever really played to his strength, too often booting the ball up to him from the back and expecting miracles . Sadly, and probably rightly, we’ve all now resigned ourselves to him being injured 65% of the time.
pharaoh
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by pharaoh »

badabing wrote:He’ll go down in football history in the same sort of bracket as Darren Anderton and Kieron Dyer, real talents who were always injured, which is a crying shame because make no mistake the boy is talented, fantastic when the right ball is played in the air and he has a sweet left foot too. It does annoy me when people label him a donkey as he’s far from that. I don’t think we’ve ever really played to his strength, too often booting the ball up to him from the back and expecting miracles . Sadly, and probably rightly, we’ve all now resigned ourselves to him being injured 65% of the time.
The bloke's certainly not a donkey and has proved he can finish, it's just the frustration of him only showing that in the minority of the season due to persistent injury.
pdbis
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by pdbis »

No doubt he will get injured either in training or staggering out of a club before the Arsenal game.
jacko
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by jacko »

His issues have never been around talent or ability.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Do we know if there's any truth in the reports that he left the bench in a strop before the end of the game today?

Bad, bad darts if so.
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Monkeybubbles wrote:Do we know if there's any truth in the reports that he left the bench in a strop before the end of the game today?

Bad, bad darts if so.
He definitely took his subs jacket off and headed down the tunnel around the time of the subs. Not sure whether it was in a strop or if considered normal, think another player followed him shortly after as well.
Alfiehammer

Post by Alfiehammer »

Considering his dig at the fans about not staying and supporting till the end, very not cool.
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by MadMart »

f*** Off you Geordie, Sick Note, Ghastly wannabee - you've let us down time and time again, and then had the audacity to criticise us fans - saw Ginger Pele in the away stands last week - never see AC at the OS when he's injured - attention seeking, pony-tailed, allegedly weed smoking tosser - he is indicative of the disease that is killing our club - he'll read this and be "way hey, worra ****ing coont" - f*** off you prick :scarfer:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

MadMart wrote:**** Off you Geordie, Sick Note, Ghastly wannabee - you've let us down time and time again, and then had the audacity to criticise us fans - saw Ginger Pele in the away stands last week - never see AC at the OS when he's injured - attention seeking, pony-tailed, allegedly weed smoking tosser - he is indicative of the disease that is killing our club - he'll read this and be "way hey, worra ****ing coont" - **** off you prick :scarfer:
That certainly gets the point across
OFT
Has liked: 3241 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

On the stream I was watching they showed him appearing to shake his head as Mario was getting his track suit off ready to come on.
Make of that what you will but I'd start him at Leicester.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 164 likes
Total likes: 1112 likes

Post by Rio »

OFT wrote:On the stream I was watching they showed him appearing to shake his head as Mario was getting his track suit off ready to come on.
Make of that what you will but I'd start him at Leicester.
Having witnessed Mario far too many times to mention I make him right
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I dont condone his actions but f*** me can I understand his utter frustration as I do for Hernandez and Hugills equal frustrations of constantly being overlooked just kicking their heels on the bench. We cry out for changes either on half time or soon after it but time after time after ****ing time he doesn't play them until it's far too late, too often but not only that, he should be playing at least 1 of his actual main Strikers from the start alongside Arnautovic - 352. It changes little shape and means dropping the ineffectual youngster Fernandes who regularly struggles in games.

He definitely shouldn't have left his spot on the bench collecting splinters when he's chomping at the bit to get on and make a difference (see WBA, Stoke) but I can sure as **** get why he's just as fed up as those like me desperate to see the likes of him and/or Hernandez given more than a handful of meaningless minutes or no minutes at all. I sense the frustration going right through our squad at whats happening and it's beyond a joke now.
OFT
Has liked: 3241 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

Rio wrote: Having witnessed Mario far too many times to mention I make him right

Colours never run wrote:I dont condone his actions but **** me can I understand his utter frustration .

That's why I'd start him next week, see if there's any fire in him, although charging round elbowing people in the first ten minutes will need avoiding.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Alfiehammer wrote:Considering his dig at the fans about not staying and supporting till the end, very not cool.
It's all about me with him