Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

arlhe
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 178 likes

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by arlhe »

I thought he did quite well today.
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

I think we should just let things run till the end of the season,
If he stays injury free and gets match fit and continues to play well then Pellegrini will make a decision on him then and he may end up staying??
:crest: .
Beedub
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Beedub »

Played the perfect role in that situation when he came on.

Unfortunately I think that is the only real role he has to play, can’t see him fitting in with our style as a starter.
Discobar

Post by Discobar »

Colours never run wrote:Loved the bit keeping possession by taking the piss a bit in the middle before laying it off nearly to the defence. Did what was asked of him when he came on and did it well.

He frustrates the hell out of me, because I just know when he's wheeled out on to the pitch, I know I'm gonna like what I see. It's just the injuries that remind me why it's probably time to call time on him being here. Really am torn over him who also happens to come across as a decent fella.
Pay as you play deal and I would love him to stay
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by Coops »

As we all know he is a great player to bring on with 20 to go. He did well against Arse yesterday.
I'm not sure we should be starting him though. If Arnie goes we need a replacement and to keep Hernandez fit.
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1058 likes

Post by pezza20 »

He always takes 6 or 7 games to get into the match pace. You don't lose your positional sense by being out injured. Perhaps Pelle tells him where he wants him to play.

Good player to have come on to see a game out but not a good enough player to be earning the dough he is on just to be a bit part.
SiamHammer
Has liked: 1078 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by SiamHammer »

I've always been a fan of Andy's but...........yesterday he gave the ball away constantly, can't do the slick one-touch passing and gives me a heart attack when he plays the ball back to our defenders or GK coz I always think he's about to mis-kick it set up the opposition. He really isn't good enough any more I'm afraid
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by smuts »

fmgod wrote:He is finished but he is utterly victimised, last few games anyone goes near him, rubs their own head goes down gets a free kick, utterly ridiculous.
Yep...koscielny did it yesterday. Must have been watching Burnley do the same thing again and again.
poplargeezer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by poplargeezer »

Why don't we make more of a fuss in the media on how opposing defenders are trying to get him booked/sent off insinuating through their play acting he's elbowed them or similar when there has been minimal protection.

I'm not his greatest fan and think if he has a role it's as an impact sub, but the lad does need some protection from the play acting of opponents.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

What he lacks in quality, he makes up for with effort on the pitch, should he be kept on that basis, probably not, but at least he's putting a shift in when called upon, rather than sulk.
Graza

Post by Graza »

One passage of play summed him up for me yesterday. had the ball on the half way line, played if for Anderson to run onto who then starts charging off down the wing. Andy stands there like a statue, watches him go past waits till he's 10-15 in front then starts ambling towards their box. Anderson gets the edge of the box, looks up, no one there, no one running in, Carroll 25 yards behind play. If he'd laid it off then belted as hard as he could for the box he could have been a target for a centre, and what defender in the league is going to want him belting at him at full pace with a ball in from someone of Anderson's quality. He does this a lot, ending up on wings or the half way line when the ball could be delivered if only we had a man in the middle worth delivering it to. Maybe he thought "we're up, I'll sit in case we lose the ball and I can break up a counter", on this occasion perhaps, but other times we've been down and he just hasn't shown the desire to get where we need him - in the box. Maybe he wants to try and prove he's more than just an aerial battering ram? But he isn't.

At his best (once or twice a season) there's a player in there, but not in our system, not on his wages and not on his injury record should he be extended. It's a shame, but there it is.
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... eplacement
"TOTTENHAM are lining up a shock move for West Ham’s Andy Carroll to ease their striker crisis, according to reports."

I wish.
duncanio
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by duncanio »

This would be perfect wouldn't it?. Really want to believe this.
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by MadMart »

Get rid in the summer:
1. we don't want to help Spurs
2. we only have Hernandes as the only other recognised striker
3. I don't trust the board to replace him if he goes in Jan
Keep him and use him as an impact "Super-Sub", and bin him at the end of the season :crest:
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

Might be worth it to see my Spurs mates so angry.

Having said that, he might actually be a better option than Llorente who just looks plain dogshit.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Levy won't pay 2 Million for Andy it's probably a typo he meant Arnie :wink:
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

The Spuds probably need Andy to work in the treatment room as a translator for Harry Kane.
orbital
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by orbital »

No way would I want him to go to them, you just know if it happened he would turn into a world beater!!
steps
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

Please, please, please be true.

:scarfer:
fester
Eats sh*t
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by fester »

I have made no secret that I really rate Andy Carroll.
No surprise that I think he had a poor game.
That said, I think he was responsible for 2 fantastic bits of skill:

There was a quick flick out left to Anderson that was absolutely sublime - speed, direction, weight. If it had led to a goal and it was anyone else they would have got absolutely bummed by the media,

His Zidane turn on the left wing, then sped away with the ball leaving the defender for dust was absolutely class.

I have seen no mention of the above, anywhere and only one mention that on the miss his header across goal for Antonio was perfect and should have been buried.

He had a poor game, but why does he have to be scapegoat? I personally think Anderson, Antonio & Ogbonna stank more than Carroll.