Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by Mega Ron »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:Carroll's and Moyes's timing is diabolical. Make no mistake AC is popular and influential in the dressing room. Sums up this season. Anus orriblus. Pardon?
The guy with the gear is always popular
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

DaveWHU1964 wrote: “Early part of Winter”? That makes it sound like Carroll has been fit and raring to go for six months now. That’s not been even remotely close to being the case has it?

You misunderstand me, I have already stated there's been an issue since the Watford away game and there seems to be an ongoing battle between the 2 people now with what's recrntly transpired. Then filling in the dots, when he has been available since then til now, he's mostly been overlooked. This sub walk out thing, isn't a new thing all of a sudden in my opinion and something that's been bubbling under for quite a while now and I know what Carrolll and others feel about it because I feel the same way about how the manager 'manages'.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

OFT wrote:Can't see him playing for Moyes again if he was sent home from training yesterday.

He hasn't been any way, so there's practically no difference there.
Colours never run

JerseyHammer wrote:
Yeah I've had this suspicion for a while too, perhaps not even Moyes but further up the tree. There are some thoroughly fed up footballers as well as supporters.

Don't forget, he also outright banned Antonio too from being selected in a match for being late for training once.

My argument then was it's not that he shouldn't stamp his authority and fine the player, discipline him in a certain way, but bar him from selection when we have always been fighting relegation? Piss poor management for me and all the recent mismanagement adds up to a negative demotivated environment.

Whatever methods Moyes is deploying, they ain't ****ing working and instead seemingly alienating good footballers along the way. Digging out Rice, Lanzini, rarely playing Forwards, falling out with Strikers. There's a pattern that's do very unhealthy and I some of us did warn from the beginning the way he had mis managed since leaving Everton.
woodywoody
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by woodywoody »

I am not an admirer of carol and would sell but I also want plays who are bothered they did not get on.
It just unsettles the whole team banning him. we had already made all our subs and he walked out in a sulk , so what ,passion maybe the only way to dig us out of our crap season as I ain't seen much flair
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

woodywoody wrote:I am not an admirer of carol and would sell but I also want plays who are bothered they did not get on.
i'm sure the other players left on the bench were bothered they didn't play, they just chose not to act like self centred twats.
billtho
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 230 likes

Post by billtho »

It could be very ironic if it was andys goal against stoke that keeps us up and gives that c... moyes a new contract
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 367 likes
Total likes: 815 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Frank fellover wrote:I think this illustrates there is a bigger problem behind the scenes, the body language of some of the squad appears that they dont want to play for Moyes. Cant say I blame them tho
THe problem with your theory is that it seemed a lot of players also didn't want to play for Slav either.

So is our problem the managers we have had or the group of misfits who pick up hefty pay cheques without putting a proper shift in?

I know where my money is going.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

CNR’s dislike of Moyes is reaching Jaybs level of obsession.
Colours never run

thejackhammer wrote:CNR’s dislike of Moyes is reaching Jaybs level of obsession.

Because I hate what he's doing as a manager and being proved right. Of course I'm obsessed wanting rid of a pathetic manager, just as I was when we had to suffer under Grant and Roeder.

You carry on with your obsession of defending him though. :thup:
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Colours never run wrote:This sub walk out thing, isn't a new thing all of a sudden in my opinion and something that's been bubbling under for quite a while now and I know what Carrolll and others feel about it because I feel the same way about how the manager 'manages'.
Much as I dislike the lackey, the silver lining if he’s offered a ten year contract will be seeing your reaction.

He’ll be gone soon enough. Then to the next bog standard, weak, non-supported manager. His surname won’t be Howe by the way, not unless they can revive Don.
Colours never run

DaveWHU1964 wrote: Much as I dislike the lackey, the silver lining if he’s offered a ten year contract will be seeing your reaction.

It'll be a bloody good thing it won't happen then. :o
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

badabing wrote:Could it be a Moyes master stroke, get him so wound up, then start him at Leicester and sit back while Wor Andy leaves The Leicester defence looking like a scene from Saving Private Ryan? no, don't think so either!
That's usually our treatment room ain't it
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

He needs grow up, be a pro on and off the pitch, so what he didn't come on, I'm sure the others on the bench wanted to come on, or the players not even selected in the match day squad, such a public showing was immature and idiotic.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Colours never run wrote:
Because I hate what he's doing as a manager and being proved right. Of course I'm obsessed wanting rid of a pathetic manager, just as I was when we had to suffer under Grant and Roeder.

You carry on with your obsession of defending him though.
Yet you weren’t obsessed with getting rid of Bilic who had been a joke since we left the Boleyn? :tune:
BrownFatwa
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by BrownFatwa »

Just another line in the long list of AC's totally unprofessional episodes.
I'll miss him as much as I would an STD when he's gone. Hopefully at the end of this season; a £90k a week fraud.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

The way i see it Moyes is not managing his substitues well, i think the starting lineup has been questionable for weeks now and hardly changed. We have only got back into games when he has put a striker on the pitch yet never had the balls to start one and try and get the points.

I don't blame Carroll for being frustrated and i imagine this is rubbing off on quite a few players who aren't getting a look in. But... you don't see other players storming off down the tunnel, you pick yourself up and deal with it. He has been missing for the majority of this season (his West Ham career) and i think he has some front to act the way he did.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

BrownFatwa wrote:Just another line in the long list of AC's totally unprofessional episodes.
I'll miss him as much as I would an STD when he's gone. Hopefully at the end of this season; a £90k a week fraud.
Can't disagree with that, he needs to be offloaded no matter how minimal the value in order to just get rid. We fall short of options every year because he is occupying the treatment room and we never buy anyone to replace him.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

Apparently has apologised to Moyes and is back in the fold....
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Could this be a positive? A bit of fire in our belly with a few of them proving points this week!

(subject to being allowed on to the pitch for longer than 5mins)