Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Hammerite

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by Hammerite »

Is it April 1st already?
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 877 likes
Total likes: 855 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Carroll to the Filth??!!!!

Never has my flabber been so gasted.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Carroll has a contractual clause, guaranteeing one 'for the bants' rumour, per season, for Big Andy.

Last year: Chelsea

This year: Spurs

Next year: Real Madrid
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1658 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

fester wrote:I have made no secret that I really rate Andy Carroll.
He had a poor game, but why does he have to be scapegoat? I personally think Anderson, Antonio & Ogbonna stank more than Carroll.
then you probably need to go to Specsavers my friend......
daytimedave
Has liked: 270 likes
Total likes: 88 likes

Post by daytimedave »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:Carroll to the Filth??!!!!

Never has my flabber been so gasted.

:D like it Lol.

good luck to Big Andy either way ,
:scarfer:
fester
Eats sh*t
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 68 likes

Post by fester »

I do go savers, my fiend.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

fester wrote:
I do go savers, my fiend.
well played Sir

:D
BrownFatwa
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by BrownFatwa »

AC wont go to any club in any division if its clear he'll have to work his socks off there - which under Poch at Spuds he sure would.
No club would be so stupid - even if rolling the dice to stay up or go up - as to offer him other than a 'pay as you play' deal. The medical would see to that.He literally struck gold with us.
He'll see out his contract here and pray we offer an extension (god forbid) and probably retire after that especially as you'd expect he picks up another injury before the end of the season.
The bloke has stolen a living from us for 5 years and by all accounts is a very poor trainer and doesnt put his all into rehab when injured.
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:Never has my flabber been so gasted.
:lol:
fester
Eats sh*t

Post by fester »

well played Sir
Thanks for understanding Cuenca. I do understand everyones frustration. I just see things in Carroll, same as I do with Noble, that others seem to miss. I know they can be off form/look *****, but I have seen enough true ***** at West Ham down the years to feel for them.

With regards to Anderson he has been fantastic after an early erratic spell. The games where he has not been at it seem to be the ones we have lost. I think that's a measure of how important he is. He kept needlessly losing the ball on Saturday. Antonio is very direct and helps drive forwards - but how did he really help on Saturday? I think Ogbonna was at fault for both goals.

I stand by my statement, but fully understand that I need some new glasses wipes :P
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

fester wrote:His Zidane turn on the left wing, then sped away with the ball leaving the defender for dust was absolutely class.

I have seen no mention of the above, anywhere
yes, that's cos it came minutes after that missed chance. bit like "hey i missed that but look what i can i do!". yeah andy, great, have a cookie and f*** off now.

fester wrote:and only one mention that on the miss his header across goal for Antonio was perfect and should have been buried.
yes antonio had a bad game, too. or are you pointing out the fact that carroll got one knock down right all game?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

fester

mate I love game talk and we all see games differently just as we look for different thing in different players.

this play would be a complete bore if we all saw things the same.

I try to remember what Romford always said: "talk about things on here the same way you would if you were down the pub face to face."

some people make that impossible but if people have an "disagreement" as to what they saw and at least offer something in "defence" of their point of view - that's great. makes discussion so much better.

also sometimes things written don't come off quite as well as they would in actual discussion and I know myself the things I write sometimes come across as arrogant or dickish. not always meant that way but I can see easily how people take or have taken it.

I think that initially Diop got too close to Wilson was it and turned way too easily. from there on in circumstances got them a goal.

the second was because we were chasing the game.

we played well in terms of possession but did naff all else imvho.

the fact that we can have this discussion is all good.

(wish I had 20/20 vision)

:thup:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

He really did play badly up front against Bournemouth, but the OTT reaction to him isn't right at all in my opinion. The bloke ain't half as bad as being made out, he gives his all on the pitch for the Club, his biggest issue continues to be when he's injured.
jastons
Has liked: 896 likes
Total likes: 852 likes

Post by jastons »

I think his confidence is absolutely shot. He was so relieved to score against Birmingham (after missing a couple of good chances) and he was gutted after his glaring miss against Bournemouth.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

c-n-r

from what I can read all over the place (websites and newspapers) maybe one or two others seem to think he had might havea decent game.

he was bloody awful.

AWFUL.

our reaction isn't OTT at all.

gives his all ? at 90K per week that's the least we should expect (from him and everyone else)

two top managers one an England manager and very well respected manager and another have said he doesn't take the game seriously enough.

the only thing he takes seriously is getting pissed out of his head while rehabbing.

there have been several photos on here and in papers showing him out all hours in pubs looking more than the worse for wear.

how ANYONE can defend him is beyond me.

now if he is the style of player that you and others like - fair enough.

but as for playing here, he's been stealing a living for years now.

if he were more intent on recovering better and adhered to a better lifestyle and he was still injured then I would take my hat off to him.

but he doesn't and hasn't.

and I won't
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Read the posts back about Carroll on here in the main threads about him since the game and you'll see it.

And yes, I really do like his style when he's in form.
fester
Eats sh*t

Post by fester »

yes antonio had a bad game, too. or are you pointing out the fact that carroll got one knock down right all game?
Warp, I understand what you are saying regarding the Carroll turn. I actually thought the same. He reacted to his mistake. I would be more upset if there was no reaction at all.

Regarding the knock-down, again you are right. It did seem like it was the only successful one. I think the crosses started coming in after Carroll went off.

Like I have said, in my view Carroll had a bad game. In my view no-one covered themselves in glory (although both Zabaleta and Rice made some great interceptions and Fabianski is consistently fantastic).
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Colours never run wrote:Read the posts back about Carroll on here in the main threads about him since the game and you'll see it.

And yes, I really do like his style when he's in form.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/23383 ... dy-Carroll" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

333 minutes this season = 3.7 games
748 last season = 8.3 games
1314 minutes = 14.6 games
1436 minutes = 15.9 games
1027 minutes = 11.4 games
1093 minutes = 12.1 games
1939 minutes = 21.5 games

if my calculator and my squinty eyes are reading this correctly.

as they say in poker:

Read 'em and weep...........

:asleep:
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

fester wrote:Like I have said, in my view Carroll had a bad game. In my view no-one covered themselves in glory (although both Zabaleta and Rice made some great interceptions and Fabianski is consistently fantastic).
yea' it was a poor game overall. carroll and antonio edged it in shitness though.

when carroll plays, he's more likely to cross the ball in himself, rather than being in the middle of the box. that's strange.
however i hope we'll never have to start him again. brought in as a fellaini in the last 20 minutes may be ok, but anything more than that and it's a waste of a player.
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by Tristan Shout »

Ideal situation, he goes to spurs, first game he does his ankle or knee again and he's out for the season leaving spurs short up front and paying his wages,
We use his freed uo wages to get a decent striker in who scores 10 goals between now and the end of the season, firing us into Europe and an fa cup final