Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by warp »

^ mushrooms are great aren't they?
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

Amazing how people who probably only watch games on computer streams can have such forceful opinions about a guy's playing style. Andy strikes me from my own computer stream as a whole-hearted player who does what he is good at very well. Hardly his fault if he is made of porcelain and still not 100% match fit.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Cuenca

That's if you only value his contribution during the games he plays with just his goals return. There's so much more to Carroll's game than just putting it in the back of the net. And that's coming from a season ticket holder, Vic, not behind a computer screen.
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

Colours never run wrote:Cuenca

That's if you only value his contribution during the games he plays with just his goals return. There's so much more to Carroll's game than just putting it in the back of the net. And that's coming from a season ticket holder, Vic, not behind a computer screen.
Let’s face it, there needs to be

If you watch every game on a stream, you see more than enough to have comment too
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

@ Vic @ C-n-r

IF he played and had a better idea of what it takes for a professional footballer to ensure he does the very best to ensure he rehabs properly and couldn't stay fit - understandable

but he doesn't

@ c-n-r

I didn't publish goal returns at all mate....merely the fact that he never plays.

I'd honestly like to find a brand new Merc AMG for 50 dollars

not going to happen though is it.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Vic_Watson wrote:as a whole-hearted player who does what he is good at very well.
not scoring, eh?
Vic_Watson wrote:Hardly his fault if he is made of porcelain and still not 100% match fit.
even assuming it's not his fault, if you take two months to get match fit then you probably shouldn't be a professional athlete.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:
I didn't publish goal returns at all mate....merely the fact that he never plays.

t.
Apologies for assuming they'd be links to goals per season scored. In which case I share the same concerns as you about him playing regularly and is the main reason why I'd let him go. I don't recognise the awful player a few make out though.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

as I said in another post - fair enough you have you 'ruthers....

but the mere fact that the game return (minutes played) are what they are is an absolutely awful read.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Someone at the Express is a wind up merchant
smuts
Has liked: 1500 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

e17 wrote:Someone at the Express is a wind up merchant
Probably The same person at the Express who posts the headlines "Britain to FREEZE in sub-zero hell!" for 3 months constantly when it gets near December and "Britain to BURN in furnace like summer hell!" when the gauge is going to touch the mid-70's.....
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 161 likes
Total likes: 156 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

e17 wrote:Someone at the Express is a wind up merchant
Indeed

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... sfer-radar
delbert
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

It's wound up a fair few Spurs fans and that's never a bad thing. I think he would have done well over there, the size of him makes him ideal for reaching up and pulling twin and earth through conduit............
DM
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by DM »

https://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth ... ay-mad-at/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

''He will bail you out of a mess of his own creation, like a dog yapping to stop you from stepping in his own faeces, and you can’t get mad at him because you know he has your best interests at heart.''

Doesn't mention his 90k a week ''dog food'' though or his watering habits!
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

Some of his biggest fans over time recognise his limitations, not least his issues with staying remotely fit.

I moved quite some time ago to the view of him being a great option from the bench in particular types of games but never a player you would look to start with, not with the way we are trying to approach games.

He didn't play very well at all on Saturday. A few others were terrible too.

I just don't get the dogs abuse - why do we punish our own players like that?
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Post by Ozza »

It's weird Wizzo, never understood the mentality if I'm being honest, watching your own fans giving players (Cole mainly), dogs abuse in the warm up was nothing short of mind blowing.

Seems like a fair few (on here and at games), have to have a pantomime villain at the club to hate...
warp

Post by warp »

if his lifestyle and choices are a direct cause for his lack of fitness (as some people think), then he deserves the abuse.
southendmadhammer

Post by southendmadhammer »

wizzo_66 wrote:
See warp above.

The way he behaves when injured - is it too much to ask him to commit wholeheartedly to his rehab? Time and again his behaviour is completely the opposite. How can any rational person be expected to support him after that?

As BrownFatwa also pointed out - he struck gold with us and has been coining it in ever since.

I'm genuinely excited by the thought of his imminent departure.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

wizzo_66 wrote:
Do you mean in the flesh at games, or on here?

I doubt there are more than a handful of posters here who does not give an unwarranted or unjustified amount of stick to an individual player or group of players they don't like or rate much - see threads for Antonio, Masuaku, Perez, Noble, Ogbonna etc etc
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

most of the abuse comes from, as rightly pointed out, the photos of him on a lashed up jolly early doors when he should be taking care of himself.

I bet Amy Winehouse got loads of abuse in general for her lifestyle choices and letting fans down at gigs when she was not "on song."

what about Bono ? on the music thread he loads of abuse. just because he comes across as a hypocritical pompous ****hole. (which he is in all fairness)

:D

as do film stars

maybe it shouldn't - but it comes with the territory sometimes.

there have been way less talented players at the club - and I would give Snoddy as a prime example - who maybe doesn't have the talent overall of an Andy Carroll. he works his socks off and turned his career around after being told seemingly by the gaffer "lose weight or lose your job."

the crowd in general love him and he is rightfully lauded on here. I don't recall seeing, although I might have missed it, of him being led out of a Christmas party in Dublin absolutely bladdered covered in what looked like Guiness and/or Jagermeister hardly able to stand up. while on rehab. all the while making 90K per.

sorry he'll get dog's abuse from me until the blessed day he leaves our club and never darkens our door again.

I honestly am dreading him getting another contract due to our inability to sign any backup strikers. 90K to sit on the bench and/or physio's couch.

go read again the minutes he has played here that I posted earlier.

:asleep:
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Has he not gone to Spurs yet then ?