Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by prophet:marginal »

But, before Moyes, we were struggling for any sense of team cohesion and points.

Bilic had 11 games, accruing 9 points
Moyes has got one less, in only 7 games.

Big Andy has contributed to one actual goal, one of Ayew's against Spurs.

Small beer, really.
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

For me personally it's about establishing a system and a way of playing that works for the players you have and whether Moyes has stumbled across it by accident or indeed it's good management, we seem to have a way of playing now that is working. And that consists of having more mobile players in the final third of the pitch.

I see Andy being a good impact sub (not that he would want to be) but for him to force his way into the starting 11, it would mean a change of system again and right now, that system is working a treat.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

I know we were 1-3 down when Andy rose to head the ball down from Cresswell's corner and for Ayew to boot the ball into the roof of the net to make it 2-3 but did anyone else notice Andy just turn around and head back towards the centre circle without a glance towards his fellow team mates - no acknowledgement of a goal or that he'd had an assist in it .
Am I reading too much into this , it wasn't an equalizer or a winning goal but it seemed a bit of a cool reaction - could he be heading back to Newcastle in January I wonder ?

I'll miss Andy if he goes .
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

I hope he is on his way out. he is a waste of space and wages. lifestyle wrong playing style wrong.

get rid asap.

one good game every 10 games if we are lucky.

5-10m yes please
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:I know we were 1-3 down when Andy rose to head the ball down from Cresswell's corner and for Ayew to boot the ball into the roof of the net to make it 2-3 but did anyone else notice Andy just turn around and head back towards the centre circle without a glance towards his fellow team mates - no acknowledgement of a goal or that he'd had an assist in it .
Am I reading too much into this , it wasn't an equalizer or a winning goal but it seemed a bit of a cool reaction - could he be heading back to Newcastle in January I wonder ?

I'll miss Andy if he goes .
I thought that I detected a pair of fists briefly pump, but, in fairness to him

1. We needed to get the game going again, to have a chance of equalising, and
2. Maybe he feels a bit uncomfortable, as a Geordie, overly celebrating scoring against them?

And I say all that without thinking I'd miss him for a moment, if, by some miracle, someone successfully bids for him.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

When was the last time Carroll celebrated a goal against his favourite team?
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Carroll is Our KANE! Andy has scored 35 goals in the Premiership since he joined us, Harry just 37 in 2017!
wormley
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by wormley »

Five years at £80k per week = £19.2m in wages

Total 107 games played, average 21 games per season.

30 goals scored @ £640k per goal.

Mr Carroll is a very lucky man.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Plenty of teams looking for a striker, hopefully one of these take a punt

Stoke
West Brom
Swansea
Everton
brooking_1980
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by brooking_1980 »

Harry Kane's scored 28 Premier League goals since Andy last scored.
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

Just a question.

A team come in for him we agree a fee around 10 million, Will he go, he has a young family his Doris is happy in Essex, It would not be that he needs the money, What would make him want to leave?
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

The Mirror reporting that Andy Carroll is refusing to train - citing that he isn’t fit, yet apparently scans the club have done suggest there’s nothing wrong.

A new Payet situation?

Also I wonder if this interest has been brewing for a while which would explain the majority of Carroll’s season and his strange attitude/performances.
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

I don't think they will let the Payet situation happen again. What's Caroll going to do, go on strike? No one would know the difference anyway!
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

aaronhammer wrote: Also I wonder if this interest has been brewing for a while which would explain the majority of Carroll’s season and his strange attitude/performances.
I think him being a generally ****, disinterested, unprofessional, injury prone, waste of time **** explains his attitude and performances for more than 1 season. The whole scan thing would also not surprise me.

Sooner the "unplayable" lump is off the wage bill the better.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

I don't begrudge him for wanting to leave if true, he won't be the only one

We are a club going backwards. A chance to play for one of the big boys again and erase some of the memories of his time at Liverpool, with a possible chance of a World Cup call up.

All the best to him if he goes
fester
Eats sh*t
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by fester »

Nesticles wrote:I don't begrudge him for wanting to leave if true, he won't be the only one

We are a club going backwards. A chance to play for one of the big boys again and erase some of the memories of his time at Liverpool, with a possible chance of a World Cup call up.

Same from me. Fantastic footballer. I think he has to do what's right for him.

Is there a paradigm shift? Usually players COME to West Ham for one last payday!!
Last edited by fester on Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes

Post by jaybs »

Carroll has been told from those around him for far to long, family, friends and agents that he is great, perhaps when he was younger and at Newcastle but not since, he is just full of himself, IF he is refusing to train it shows what a prima donna he has truly become!

The quicker he is gone the better, it may be better for the squad someone being paid for getting splinters in his backside, needs to understand he was Lucky ever to play for England!
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 224 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

I still think Conte is off in the summer and trying to spunk a load of the Russian’s money on a crock as a little “f*** you” personally.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Nesticles wrote:I don't begrudge him for wanting to leave if true, he won't be the only one

Are you on crack Nesticles? :wink:
MD_HM
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

A fit Andy Carroll is a decent player... but that’s always been the problem, you can never rely or plan around him as is usually injured more than available.

We as a club or on serious decline, much smaller clubs have more financial muscle... we’re an embarrassment so don’t blame Carroll or any player for wanting to leave now to be fair.

And it really doesn’t matter if we sell him for 3m or 30m as the money won’t be spent on replacements... we will continue to just look at loans and £2.50 a week payment deals for players.

The club is toxic at the core... and given our fanbase could only keep up the anti board agenda for about 2 games, i’d suggest we have already been watered down beyond recognition