Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by prophet:marginal »

I've 'thick and thinned' it with West Ham, since 1979 - and we've done some downright dumb things as a club yesterday.

But, when he did what he did in the first minute, in a televised match, I half-thought about getting up and leaving in protest.

If he never pulled on our shirt again, I would be happy. He's an embarrassment of a 'footballer'. I just hope he wasn't coached to put it about in the first few minutes. The look on Moyes' face, whilst everyone else had to silently wait to see how badly the other team's player was hurt, was inscrutable. Pearce and Irvine just sat there looking clueless.
rottiel

Post by rottiel »

He's a liability and took massive stick from the away end yesterday.

He's finished here..
hammernsickle
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by hammernsickle »

Is he the worst investment in the history of the Premier League?

I'm serious. Pound for pound is there a player who a club has shelled out more money for and has received less?
HarlowEssexHammer
Total likes: 60 likes

Post by HarlowEssexHammer »

I think the 'unplayable on his day' tag is a bit of a myth, he's very predictable.

If I was a manager against him when he's playing up top by himself, I'd instruct my CBs to back off five yards and let him win that first header anywhere outside the box; amount of times he was nodding it on to either Heurelho Gomes or absolutely nobody around their box first half was embarrassing, gifting possession back to them every time.
steviob125
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by steviob125 »

[quote="prophet:marginal"]

If he never pulled on our shirt again, I would be happy.quote]

2nd'ed
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:What I've noticed more than anything this season is the number of one-on-one headers he's not winning.
he's never been great at timing his jumps.

on another note, i hope he spunks all his money away and ends up selling his arse to STD-ridden chavs just to buy some booze. bit harsh?
Kendal Iron
Has liked: 47 likes

Post by Kendal Iron »

hammernsickle wrote:Is he the worst investment in the history of the Premier League?

I'm serious. Pound for pound is there a player who a club has shelled out more money for and has received less?
Keiron Dyer?
wigwig

Post by wigwig »

Even when we were playing crap last season he was a bright spark and was, on occasion, dominating whole games. Has done nothing this season on a relatively injury free run. Bet he loved the laid back atmosphere under Bilic.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

He has has an easy ride compared to Noble who has always conducted himself professionally. Noble may be crap in many people's eyes but he still puts in the effort and remains far more valuable and contributed more to the club than Carroll ever has. I would put him down as having no more than a handful of decent games per season, no more on average. By a handful I am saying around half a dozen. It hasn't been his fault that he got injured so often in the past but the consequences meant his already limited ability was stifled even further. Rumours of unprofessional attitude with regards to his recoveries is a criticism which can be levelled if true however. And he earns about 40% more than the captain.
Limehouse

Post by Limehouse »

Seen plenty of ***** forwards pull on a West Ham shirt over the years, but most of them were trying their heart out.

He has (had) plenty of talent but doesn't give a flying about showing it and earning his keep. if further proof was needed his challenge in the first 10 seconds showed him up for what he is.

Hope we get rid.
Ribbot
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Ribbot »

AC should have been subbed at 10 seconds. I think his violent conduct ruined the morale of the whole team.
E13whu

Post by E13whu »

I have always been a half glass full person including the prospects of AC, however he is clearly spent, the game has moved on and left him standing still. Taxi for Andy.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Can imagine the amount of rest he is getting at home these days, with two nippers at home. No wonder he is a bit on edge :D
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

E13whu wrote:Taxi for Andy.
ambulance, more like.
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

I’d prefer Glenn Murray at Brighton than our lanky Geordie tosspot
Hammerite

Post by Hammerite »

Are we going to run a sweepstake on his annual Xmas absence, injury or sending off followed by pics of him pissed up in Vegas?
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Big George wrote:Hackett makes bid to be 'Hackett of the Year' 2018
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... st-minute/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hackett may be a complete Lawro but he's right. Carroll was lucky not to be sent off. I was baffled to be honest when he got away scot free.

I stuck up for him after Burnley, I feel completely mugged off now after seeing him do that in the first 5 seconds.
warp

Post by warp »

modern era kevin davies.

just not as good.
swash
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by swash »

Chop his head off and leave it in Sullivan's bed

Two birds one stone......
Aztec Hammer