Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Iron George
Total likes: 1 like

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by Iron George »

Ifebbubbles wrote:No one, I repeat, no one is going to pay anywhere near 15 million for Andy Carroll. He has proven time and time again to be an absolute liability. I can't see anyone taking him on a free on his wages either.

100% correct.

With his injury record no-one will pay him what we do.

We can only hope an offer comes in from China , if not we have to get a replacement and be content to purely use AC as the most expensive overpaid impact sub in history
Patito

Post by Patito »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:To properly manage the Andy Carroll situation we should at the very least buy a 2nd striker who is capable of playing up to Premiership standards - We play Carroll as often as is physically possible as we have no other viable alternative - instead of gambling on 3 or 4 third rate players invest in at least one more quality striker .
Presently we have -

Diafra Sakho - let's not kid ourselves , he's never ever ever going to play for us ever again , forget him .

You're right TOMOS we need another striker. The way I look at it though is that we need a first choice striker, having a fit Andy Carroll should be a bonus but he never stays fit for long.

The Sakho situation is a strange one, I actually disagree and think he will play some part tomorrow. He's such a handful when fit, but yet again, another one of our strikers who can;t stay fit.
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

Carroll won't go China.... the lager in china isn't up to standard.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2682 likes
Total likes: 1780 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Absolutely Hammered! wrote:Carroll won't go China.... the lager in china isn't up to standard.
Pretty sure being a millionaire he could afford a glass .
Patito

Post by Patito »

He won't go to China because of his ties here, he won't uproot his family.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:
Diafra Sakho - let's not kid ourselves , he's never ever ever going to play for us ever again , forget him .

I'm expecting him to play tomorrow, unless he's been ruled out I'm unaware of. And I'm looking forward to seeing him finally get out there at the OS to show what he can do once more.
Whufc06
Has liked: 121 likes
Total likes: 373 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

We need 2 strikers at the absolute minimum. Any club that relies on this man deserves any bad fortune it gets. It's gross mismanagement of the squad.
mushy
Has liked: 650 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:I wonder how long he's been carrying this injury? He hasn't looked right for a few weeks now.
Did it against Sunderland by all accounts.
Who knows what to believe these days though.
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

People talking about Sakho playing.... I love the bloke when he's fit but if anyone watched his previous game (against arsenal i believe) it looked like he was running in quick sand. About as fit as Rick Waller unfortunately.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Post by Ozza »

Sakho... I'd rather play Ginge up front than that **** bag
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I didn't see his brief spell on the pitch against Arsenal after so long out but I do remember him returning against Man Utd and making an instant impact from the start, before then going off because the injury he was playing with was unbearable to continue in the end.

When he plays, he's a proper Striker. I need to see more than a few minutes against Arsenal before writing him off completey.
The Old Man of Storr

Colours never run wrote:

I'm expecting him to play tomorrow, unless he's been ruled out I'm unaware of. And I'm looking forward to seeing him finally get out there at the OS to show what he can do once more.
I hope you're right , CNR , I thought I'd read somewhere he'd been ruled out for the rest of the season hence my doubts of ever seeing him play for us again , my apologies if I got that wrong .
His contributions in the past have been immense and it's such a shame how things turned out for him at West Ham .
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Post by Ozza »

you lot forgetting that he refused to play??
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

We'll find out tomorrow if he plays, but in terms of being an absolute shithouse, Sakho probably tops Payet. Blokes got away with murder since joining us.
The Old Man of Storr

Ozza wrote:you lot forgetting that he refused to play??
No , of course not - just trying to remember the good times he gave us , the win at Anfield etc .
Scarhead

Post by Scarhead »

Apparently Sakho can only be used for 30 minutes tomorrow. Just read this on C&H website so make of that what you will.
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

As much as I like big Andy, we could do worse than sell him to the Chinese in the summer and spend the money on a fit, nonstroppy striker who will do the biz week in week out.
Patito

Post by Patito »

kayahammer wrote:As much as I like big Andy, we could do worse than sell him to the Chinese in the summer

How many times?
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2400 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

tbf i am certain he would have no interest in going to China long-term, but if he was offered silly money he may decide to bugger of for a season and maximise his earnings, especially if he realises his injuries are not going to ever go away

Wouldn't need to uproot his family in anyway to do that
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 82 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

theres no way his mrs is going to china