Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by Pop Robson »

The board would do it if it benefits them £

Moving the Champions statue is uneccassary when they could have a new one made of say just Mooro in a WHU kit, but that would cost them £ more.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Number 6 is for a centre half anyway.

Case closed.

The bigger issue is Winston wearing number 2 and Pablo wearing number 5.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Jumby wrote:Number 6 is for a centre half anyway.

Case closed.

tell that to Mr Carrick when he played for us!

agree re reid and Pablo
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

During a time when a centre half was wearing number 7, Carrick wearing 6 I could let off. How do we seem to get it so wrong, so often? Left backs wearing number 8, centre halves wearing 2 and 7, right backs wearing 5, strikers wearing 8, it doesn't help my OCD at all, they should bring in rules and regulations to stop this. The bloke in our team that plays left back always wants to wear 6 and I have to keep telling him 3!
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Jumby wrote:During a time when a centre half was wearing number 7, Carrick wearing 6 I could let off. How do we seem to get it so wrong, so often? Left backs wearing number 8, centre halves wearing 2 and 7, right backs wearing 5, strikers wearing 8, it doesn't help my OCD at all, they should bring in rules and regulations to stop this. The bloke in our team that plays left back always wants to wear 6 and I have to keep telling him 3!
how did you cope when bowyer took number 5.. or lomas number 11? we are terrible with numbers..
only1post
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by only1post »

Bruised foot.
Now medically I don't know my arse from my elbow but I'm scratching my head on this one. My gut feeling is he could have played against WIgan. In my mind it was a brainless decision to leave him out.

I'm hoping he wanted to play and argued his case strongly to be included. If he didn't then this is a first from me, a critical post of our legendary captain.
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1779 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Imo, whoever takes 16 when Noble goes will have big boots to fill
East_London_Hammer

Post by East_London_Hammer »

Jumby wrote:Number 6 is for a centre half anyway.

Case closed.

Is Reid not number 2 because uncle avram signed him as a right back, thus making that "his" number now?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Thought he had a very good game again tonight. We look so much better with him in it than not. Also good to see him link up with a much needed new player on his wavelength and ability on the ball.

Also, Noble must be one of the smartest players in the League to win us free kicks. Alaays feel confident when he has to shield a ball or ride an incoming tackle so we at least keep possession and regroup or manages to wriggle out of the challenge and do something with the ball more often than not.

Keeps up this form, Southgates gonna have to seriously think long and hard about the possibility of calling him up for a forthcoming friendly. Not many about that does what he does well in midfield and of course buries his penalties under pressure which is kind of a big thing at tournaments.
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

Colours never run wrote:Thought he had a very good game again tonight. We look so much better with him in it than not. Also good to see him link up with a much needed new player on his wavelength and ability on the ball.

Also, Noble must be one of the smartest players in the League to win us free kicks. Alaays feel confident when he has to shield a ball or ride an incoming tackle so we at least keep possession and regroup or manages to wriggle out of the challenge and do something with the ball more often than not.

Keeps up this form, Southgates gonna have to seriously think long and hard about the possibility of calling him up for a forthcoming friendly. Not many about that does what he does well in midfield and of course buries his penalties under pressure which is kind of a big thing at tournaments.
Looking class again of late, thought he was outstanding today. Zaba gave him freedom to do what he does.

As for England should have happened 2 years ago, didn't and unfortunately for him that ship has sailed I fear. He deserves a cap more than most who have been and gone around him.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 672 likes
Total likes: 1308 likes

Post by davids cross »

Best player on the pitch tonight.

His very best level comes and goes a bit nowadays.

But tonight I thought he was magnificent ...... :thup:
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

50 Goals now 1 behind DiCanio and joining him at no.30 in the all time top scorers

Closing in on Julian Dicks for the No.2 slot in the WHU Penalty Kings
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

The legs have certainly not gone.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Jumby wrote:The legs have certainly not gone.
I particularly loved that moment where he re-collects a pass on the left hand touchline then decides to burst past the player in front of him running close to the touchline before doing something useful with the ball.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 672 likes
Total likes: 1308 likes

Post by davids cross »

He's found some form on the back of a small rest from the side.

Looks sharper on the back of it.
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1779 likes

Post by hammers92 »

davids cross wrote:He's found some form on the back of a small rest from the side.

Looks sharper on the back of it.
All the more reason to have extra quality in the midfield to allow him to rest and carry on for longer
mattyD
Has liked: 308 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by mattyD »

Hugely underrated, when he's not playing we have no coherence or team spirit. We'd better get someone in who can play CM, tackle, run and pass. At the moment I can't see us winning a game he doesn't start.
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Fantastic performance. Moyes not picking him for the first game or two has really given Nobes a kick he really needed.

MOTM tonight
Carlton'sGoal

Post by Carlton'sGoal »

Excellent last night, thought he should've got MOTM.

Simply love the bloke.
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

Excellent performance again tonight.

Glad Kouyate got MOTM as is was such a nice surprise to see the performance he gave. - back to his old self hopefully.