Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by Colours never run »

100% Sutts

It was always the case, he'd try to do too much work in the Team because of his undoubted passion for playing for us, but also because he's lacked quality all around him for long periods in his 12 year WH career. It's now turning into a luxury situation for him where he can be more economical and trust his team mates to share more of the workload so he can concentrate more on his own game.
thick-soup

Post by thick-soup »

He Made the point of congratulating Nasri for his assist while everyone was around Rice, proper leader and captain...... :thup:
SiamHammer
Has liked: 1076 likes
Total likes: 199 likes

Post by SiamHammer »

sutts07 wrote:Noble is 'playing better' because for the first time in about a decade, he finally has a quality DCM in the middle with him (as well as some decent options/movement in front of him). It means he no longer has to cover the role of a DCM, CM and ACM all at the same time.

He hasn't raised his game, his legs haven't gone... he is the same old Noble, just with a bit of help in there.
Bang on.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

One of his worst ever games for us tonight. Totally ineffectual as Captain and seemed to go into hiding for most of the game.
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

Colours never run wrote:One of his worst ever games for us tonight. Totally ineffectual as Captain and seemed to go into hiding for most of the game.
Agree, I'm a fan of Noble but that was a poor game.
Czech Hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Czech Hammer »

Marked out of the game. Fat Wally said it was their aim to stop him getting the ball and it worked.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Colours never run wrote:One of his worst ever games for us tonight. Totally ineffectual as Captain and seemed to go into hiding for most of the game.
I have been critical of him on here before but I think this just proves that Mark is ineffective unless he had Rice alongside him. He is caught trying to do Obiang's job as well as his own and ends up lost.

He seems to play his best football when there is someone good enough to protect the back four playing behind him imo.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Czech Hammer wrote:Marked out of the game. Fat Wally said it was their aim to stop him getting the ball and it worked.
Christ Fat Wally did his homework on us didn't he? Did a proper job on us. Did we do any on his team?
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

I think we looked at the League 1 table and thought we beat them in August and they can't score
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

Czech Hammer wrote:Marked out of the game. Fat Wally said it was their aim to stop him getting the ball and it worked.
Which shows how important the fella is to our passing game.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

in my opinion he isn't a patch on Moore, Bonds, Neil and Nolan in terms of leadership.
He is a pretty average player i think. Flatters to deceive and he rarely scores from open play. We won't win anything with him as skipper unfortunately.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 542 likes

Post by sutts07 »

ageing hammer wrote: He seems to play his best football when there is someone good enough to protect the back four playing behind him imo.
And when he has movement ahead of him... without either he is spread too thin and becomes ineffective.
His leadership was poor against AFC, something I've never said of him before. Just too many prima's in the team who he couldn't gee up.
rossmundo
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by rossmundo »

Vic_Watson wrote: Which shows how important the fella is to our passing game.
Yeah sideways, sideways, sideways, back to the centre half. He is not a positive passer of the ball its always safety first with Mark. The blokes shot to bits 3 yards of the pace and hiding behind Pedro last night and when Wimbledon gotta a bit tasty last night he was nowhere to be seen.
Colours never run

It wasn't that he couldn't gee his team mates up, it was that he couldn't even gee himself up that struck me so much. I was watching him thinking, f*** sake Marky boy you don't look like you wanna be out there. No aggression, just going through the motions which was very unlike Noble who usually gets stuck right in. He more than anyone in the side should have realised just what a banana skin game that was and reacted accordingly. :?
Colours never run

rossmundo wrote: Which shows how important the fella is to our passing game.

Yeah sideways, sideways, sideways, back to the centre half. He is not a positive passer of the ball its always safety first with Mark.
That's not the truth at all.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Only a couple of weeks ago and everybody raving about his pass to Arnold

Bobby Moore couldn't gee us up fior Blackpool, Mansfield et al

It's the West Ham way, don't matter who's captain it will happen

Curse of Boleyn Corner
Whufc06
Has liked: 121 likes
Total likes: 373 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

Noble don’t pass forwards :lol:
goa127
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

Noble's problem last night was the same one he had against Liverpool on the opening day. He was basically left on his own. Obiang totally failed to do anything right and the absence of rice meant we were totally overran in midfield. Noble did little right, or wrong, because he didn't get enough of the ball to do anything with. Playing two up front with no DM probably didn't seem a risk when pell considered AFC's recent form, but against a team playing THEIR cup final it was suicide. Noble's worst game for a while, but no indicator of his fitness, ability or desire.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2481 likes
Total likes: 4378 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Seems to be increasingly characterised as a luxury player rather than a modern, central midfielder i.e. "he must have this/must have that".

He appears, to me, to need everyone else to run around for half a game to slow down to his pace these days.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2011 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

I wonder if he's booked his place on the bench for Wolves?