Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bobbymooresbracelet

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend ?

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

Won't or cant shoot.

Legend......... :lol:
Hammertapp
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Hammertapp »

Just seen this interesting stat on Twitter:

Squawka Football @Squawka · 2h 2 hours ago
Most completed Premier League through balls in 2015:

Coutinho (10)
Silva (9)
Noble (5)
Fàbregas (4)
Sánchez (4)

Still find it fairly incredible he's not even usually in the conversation when most media outlets talk about England players. Unfortunately with the emergence of Ward-Prowse I doubt he'll ever get a game now.

Real shame for the lad I think!
e17
Has liked: 282 likes
Total likes: 957 likes

Post by e17 »

Stumpy wrote:scot parker better than Noble are you for ****ing real that prat was **** until the last 18 months of his contract,became a hero and ****ed off to spurs
You do know he won the Hammer of the Year award 3 seasons in a row, right?

The level of bitter revisionism towards players who've been quality for us but then left is incredible & indicative of the modern football fan. Parker joined Spurs & only ever gets mentioned for a few half hearted championship games, or was apparently only decent for us for the sake of Spurs.

The irony for me on all the above - Parker & Nobes were a superb midfield duo - & praising one shouldn't mean criticizing the other as Nobes had many of his very best games in C&B playing alongside Scotty
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

e17 wrote:You do know he won the Hammer of the Year award 3 seasons in a row, right?
Not to mention Football Writers Player of the Year in a relegated West Ham team... Bobby Moore is the only other WHU player to win that award so it is not to be sniffed at.

Parker was an outstanding player, he was a much better player than Noble will most likely ever be but in terms of a club legend I think Noble more than just pips him.

I can genuinely see Noble getting the club captain role this summer and not only leading us out in our final season at the Boleyn but also for the first time in our new stadium too.

I would obviously absolutely love it if we can win a trophy regardless of the skipper but to see Noble lead us up the steps and also earn a full England cap would with out a doubt consolidate his status as a club legend.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

sheffhammer wrote:Noble is the most over rated player ever, can't pass, head or shoot.
Most over rated player ever...
I am sure there is at least one player in the history of the game who is more overrated than him, especially as he is not actually rated that highly by many outside of the Boleyn. Cleverly, Barry and Milner are all prime examples from the England set up.

Can't pass...
Noble has averaged just under 49 passes per game this season and has an 85.5% success rate... I think we can put the 'he can't pass' stuff to bed now as he clearly can.

Can't shoot...
Also his 30 goals for the club would suggest that he can actually shoot too.

But you have me on the heading though... then again at five feet nine and considering some of the lumps we have in our side, that is not really what he is in the team for.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

sutts07 wrote:

Can't shoot...
Also his 30 goals for the club would suggest that he can actually shoot too.

how many from open play tho?

Most are from pens. He takes a good pen. But otherwise his shooting is awful.
snooperpooper
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by snooperpooper »

7 out of 10 for me, he is a West Ham leg end
Lincolnhammer92

Post by Lincolnhammer92 »

Parker was never a better footballer than Nobes. He just ran around a lot and got stuck in when no one else would. Even Nolan was better than Parker with the ball at his feet.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Great club man, great trier and a great servant to West Ham, love him to bits but in my opinion with the claret and blue specs off.....Mark is a bang average midfielder who takes very poor corners and free kicks. He is prone to losing the ball at crucial moments in a game that has proved costly. Good man to have in the squad and does play some good games as well to be fair but is simply not good enough if we are to push on and break into the top five. Tin hat at the ready :)
Kermit
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 341 likes

Post by Kermit »

Talk about devaluing the term "legend". If Noble can be given that status where should we place the likes of Brooking, Bonds, Martin & Co. Not to mention the likes of our 1966 trio.

Good club man, and to his credit only ever on the back pages unlike some over hyped so called stars, but decidedly average player who, if we are serious about pressing on, would only be a squad player.
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1781 likes

Post by hammers92 »

I've previously posted on this thread that he's a clear legend to a certain generation. I'm 22 and my age haven't had a lot to get excited about over the years unlike the older guys who have seen your Brookings, your Bonds, Moores etc. Of course Noble doesn't stand up to that company, but in this era, to stay with a club your whole career (hopefully) and come from the area that you play for is more than good enough for me. I think it's a shame that he's not shown the respect he deserves by people, had a bad game against Leicester and the knives are out

Legend
arlhe
Has liked: 241 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by arlhe »

I must have been at a different to everyone else. The free kick apart, I thought he played well.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Billydinho »

In some warped way, Noble seems to kop more stick than Nolan.

At least Noble actually touches the ball. Automatically he wins.

Has Nolan's thread been drudged up this week? Or do we just accept his sh*tness now. "He's a great captain though". :asleep:
Last edited by Billydinho on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Nice to have one of our own at the club for so long and one that plays week in week out.

:scarfer:
Humbug
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 157 likes

Post by Humbug »

Loyal servant but really too slow and I think the opposition knows he can get caught on the turn. Song is similar but can dribble a bit, Nolan just can't run anymore. We need another 2 Kouyate's and then we'd be unbeatable.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

Humbug wrote:Loyal servant but really too slow and I think the opposition knows he can get caught on the turn. Song is similar but can dribble a bit, Nolan just can't run anymore. We need another 2 Kouyate's and then we'd be unbeatable.
given that he's a decent covering CB and has started scoring all our goals lately, we could do with another 9 of him.
SDKFZ 222

Post by SDKFZ 222 »

Despite all the plaudits from our fans he does tend to get caught in possession too often for my liking, his free kicks and corners are average at best and he gives away far too many free kicks around our penalty area. I was at the match last Saturday and as soon as he lunged in and gave away the late free kick I just knew it would end up with them scoring.

A lovely lad and one of our own, etc, etc, but he is becoming a bit of a weak link in our team.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 257 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

SDKFZ 222 wrote:Despite all the plaudits from our fans he does tend to get caught in possession too often for my liking, his free kicks and corners are average at best and he gives away far too many free kicks around our penalty area. I was at the match last Saturday and as soon as he lunged in and gave away the late free kick I just knew it would end up with them scoring.

A lovely lad and one of our own, etc, etc, but he is becoming a bit of a weak link in our team.

... and that should put an end to this legend nonsense. If we truly want to progress, we need to be looking for an upgrade on him and he, become a squad player. He maybe one of our better players, but he is not a top 6 player
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

SDKFZ 222 wrote:Despite all the plaudits from our fans he does tend to get caught in possession too often for my liking, his free kicks and corners are average at best and he gives away far too many free kicks around our penalty area. I was at the match last Saturday and as soon as he lunged in and gave away the late free kick I just knew it would end up with them scoring.

Except he’s not, is he?

Noble is far, far from the ‘weak link’ in our team.

As a player, some will never fully appreciate or understand what he brings to the side.

He doesn’t score enough goals or isn’t as fast as Usain Bolt, ergo he’s ****.
beckton

Post by beckton »

arlhe wrote:I must have been at a different to everyone else. The free kick apart, I thought he played well.

Nah, I'm with you.One of our better players on Saturday.