Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

only1post
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by only1post »

The only way Mark doesn't start 20+ games is if he has a major injury or the owners invest the levels of money they have never come close to investing in the past.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Hayden wrote:It does make me chuckle reading countless posts about Noble’s legs being gone. He never had any to begin with. That’s not what his game is built around regardless of whether you think he’s good enough. One thing is clear and consistent - every year people are convinced his time is up and he won’t be in the first team but he proves you wrong. This may well be the year that he is ousted from the first team but you can’t say I told you so when you’ve been saying the same thing for 5 seasons.
:thup:
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

pezza20 wrote:First thing MP is going to do is bring in 2 defensive midfield players who are very mobile, with Lanzini in behind Arnie and a second striker, and 2 wide players who can go wide or tuck in.
Not sure I can see that. I agree that it would make us more solid in the middle, but that would leave us playing three centre halves, Manny tends to go for four across the back, no ?
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

How Noble fits in with the new manager is an interesting one. He’s been a automatic first choice for all our managers since he broke through. I personally think he has been struggling since we arrived at Stratford.

With zero evidence I have had a hunch he might be a problem. As a former manager of teams I have seen mostly productive teams with good morale. People that would literally risk their lives for each other. Occasionally I’ve seen awful teams. A small cluster of bad eggs ruining it for everyone else.

Since that last game at the Upton Park the squad has been ****ed up. Dysfunctional. I have witnessed what I believe to be a poor culture with divisions. The way Antonio was hung out to dry after palace was poor show. Nobel’s attack on one of our own fans was awful. All that bollox of shaking everyone’s and their mother hand Every Day in training? Laughable.

As I said. I have zero evidence other than a hunch and 30 years of managing teams that Noble might have to go this summer. Possibly winston as well.
Last edited by Hugh Jargon on Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

noble is a good squad player. no one will buy him 31, slowing down, poor last season. He is also on a long big contract for another 3 years so he wont be in a hurry to leave either. keep and play in cups and as a sub.
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

Be more impressed Hugh if you could spell his name correctly! Or perhaps you were thinking of the Nobel prize. :lol:
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

hammerleroy wrote:Be more impressed Hugh if you could spell his name correctly! Or perhaps you were thinking of the Nobel prize. :lol:

Ha ha....sorry mate..I’d already edited it. Dyslexic I’m agraid. Padron?
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

You're spelling it wrong this was sorted during the Sam A lard ass years it's Mark Nolan and Kevin Noble :)
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

The Noble small gang out again, no one knows yet how players we bring in will mix, you need a real steady hand on the pitch to keep control! Mark still has an important part to play, and its rubbish he has been poor since we moved, he played such an important role keeping us away from the relegation fight! More important players to move out first, not even fit to be in bench at the salary on!
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Noble has a hugely important role to play next season, clearly a few more ins & outs this summer, need Noble to knit the dressing room firstly, and maybe on the pitch for us.

I am pretty sure Pellers will know how important Noble is to us next season, even f we buy 6 more players and he thinks Noble is a sub, Noble is an integral part of next season on & off the pitch.
D C
Has liked: 1103 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by D C »

He’s out best centre mid but I think that has a lot to do with the massive underinvestment we’ve made in that position under the Dave’s. Kouyate and Obiang were what, 12 million combined? Was hoping for a change this summer but I expect Noble to be starting by Christmas.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

if we sign Wilshire Anderson and a def midfielder noble wont start premier games but will cup games. as stated he has a big role ahead but not necessarily on the pitch.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Is it time for the annual “Sell him to Stoke for 8 million” thread, with the Mystic Megs proclaiming him done, despite the last 24 managers here selecting him?!?

Comes around faster every year!
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Will be interesting to see what role Pellegrini wants Noble to have. I'd put my money on him being placed slightly behind the main enforcer in midfield, the player our centrehalves would be looking for when we play out from the back. Can't see the manager dropping him in the coming season.
Johnny_C WHU
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Johnny_C WHU »

Good point, it will be interesting to see Noble's role under Pel boy.

I think that for this season at least he will still be involved regularly. End of the day Nobes is a decent Prem midfielder with a strong affiliation with the club. Pellers will need someone with a connection to the club at least for the interim. If he came in and got rid of him I think that the general feeling would be a negative.

I do believe we will sign a decent midfielder but I don't think it would be at detriment to Noble. Maybe next season....

I don't think we should ever sell Nobes unless he wishes to leave. If we ever get to the fabled next level then I don't necessarily he would be a starter but be is more than decent squad player for a top 10 team.
Duff
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Duff »

If he doesn't have to do the work of 3 men, we might see the best of him this year.
Johnny_C WHU
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Johnny_C WHU »

Duff wrote:If he doesn't have to do the work of 3 men, we might see the best of him this year.
Duff :thup:
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Duff wrote:If he doesn't have to do the work of 3 men, we might see the best of him this year.
This.
Kendal Iron
Has liked: 47 likes

Post by Kendal Iron »

:thup:
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Considering that we're not in the market for a DM, and at the same time planning to play an open attacking game, I don't think that's very likely. He'll have his work cut out.