Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

rossmundo
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by rossmundo »

thejackhammer wrote:
I’m sure our Chilean, Scottish, Croatian, Italian and Israeli managers all really cared about Noble being from London.
Hopefully pellers has seen enough now and puts him out to pasture. You can argue till the cows come home but the truth of the matter is he aint good enough to start.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

the pink palermo wrote:Cuenca

I'm sure Obiang will be off the Italy, and all MP was doing was looking at other options assuming, that Obiang, won't be an option for him in 3 weeks.

The midfield is a mess but let's be clear, MP as spent his budget on Yarmolenko, Anderson and Diop.

He's going to need to get a hell of a tune out of Sanchez.

I wonder if we may see Diop played as a DM .
My sentiments too but IF Obiang is off to Italy we should have let him go prior to the window slamming shut ( :wink: ) so we could have invested in another CM/DM.

Even in preseason, that midfield 3 of Rice/Noble/Wilshere looked really good against that mob in Austria (mobs) and Ipswich. But they weren't Liverpool.

Against ANY PL lot they are not going to be any more productive than they were last season - exchange Wilshere for Kouyate....

Why does anyone think we'll leak LESS goals..as bubbs pointed out on more than one occasion, last season scoring wasn't our biggest problem. Letting them in was. In games where we had more possession, we still lost.

And if anyone thinks I'm knee jerking - I'm not...these were questions raised last year and the year before.

I hope that MP can sort it out...I remember that brief new manager bump when Moyes first came in.."We've solved our defensive problems at last"......except we hadn't and we didn't..
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Longaz wrote:
You mean we do not have a top quality holding midfield player to play in the middle with Wilshere
:thup:.

Sanchez isn’t what you would call top quality, but he will at least stick to this task. I would rather he played with Obiang and then try to get the best out of Wilshere.
Longaz
Has liked: 1385 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Longaz »

sutts07 wrote:
Likewise, if we reverse the question what makes you think Wilshere can play in the middle without adequate support yet not get just as overran as Noble has done for the past few seasons while trying to cover the likes of Kouyate and Nolan?

We are not strong enough to play just two in the middle. Not many teams in the Premier League are to be honest. Noble, Wilshere and a top class holding midfield player would be ideal for us.

That still leaves space for two wingers and a striker.
I didn’t say Wilshere could play in the middle without adequate support, id play him with Sanchez and Obiang. Our midfield is soft and slow so for now I’d play Sanchez and Obiang alongside Wilshere, Wilshere joining the front three is enough quality going forward and Obiang and Sanchez would provide better protection for the back 4 than Noble can... just don’t see what 2018 Noble brings to the table. Could chuck Kante in our midfield next to Noble and still the question would be what does Noble offer?
Last edited by Longaz on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

obiang and sanchez as the CDM is what we should try but he wont drop noble just yet although the warning has been given and nobes knows it.

rice coming on as sub for either of the two cdm would be good.

we have options just not that good !
Hemel Iron

Post by Hemel Iron »

Haven't seen any footage from today, but most accounts point to Noble being completely off the pace.

Since he also now seems to have relinquished penalties and some other set pieces, what purpose does he now serve?
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Shot to bits
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

I’ve defended him since year 0, but he was the weakest link today.

Time to try other options and sub him. He just slowed everything down today when he wasn’t being passed through or beaten
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Hemel Iron wrote:Haven't seen any footage from today, but most accounts point to Noble being completely off the pace.

Since he also now seems to have relinquished penalties and some other set pieces, what purpose does he now serve?
Erm.... pass. Way off the pace again today. Complete rubbish from him
goingunderground
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by goingunderground »

Beyond his lack impact in terms of footballing, as a captain he was no existent. No encouragement or leadership whatsoever. Head down most the game.

In fact, the whole team lacked any passion and vocals.

As a Noble cheerleader, I’m bitterly disappointed. Hope he finds his spark again, as a player and as a captain.
The Moth

Post by The Moth »

Ive always been a huge fan of Noble, until last season at Burnley game, and now unfortunately its clear he is done at this level. Hopefully he doesnt stink the place out by continuining to be played despite being finsihed, like what happened with Nolan.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Hemel Iron wrote:Haven't seen any footage from today, but most accounts point to Noble being completely off the pace.

Erm.... pass. Way off the pace again today. Complete rubbish from him
MilHammer
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by MilHammer »

Questionable tactics/personnel decisions aside, for a team that wants to play attacking, possession oriented football, we didn't press nearly enough.

Wilshere needs to play deeper and be the guy that gets the ball when we pass out of defense. We desperately need a workhorse of a midfielder who can fill gaps, win possession and contribute to forward play.

I think Sanchez gives us the edge we desperately need, but I don't trust him to contribute offensively. Obiang has the vision and presence on the ball to be a playmaker, but he doesn't really provide that physical, roaming presence we need.

Either way, I think either of them have to start over Noble.
Ted Fenton
Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Ted Fenton »

How many Mark Nobles are there?
Today I saw the one of poor passing, poor positioning and reckless tackles. That Noble shouldn't be in the team.
There are other Nobles who would be my first, or second, name on the teamsheet.
Sadly we are seeing more the the first described Noble these days.
A great club servant and, on his day, a great captain. I hope we don't tarnish his position as a West Ham Legend by making him an automatic selection this season and beyond.
Dwight1970
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by Dwight1970 »

It feels like every season we are accommodating Noble and simply will not sign a player that makes him redundant, in many ways signing Wilshire should have done that after signing a quality holding/defensive midfielder but for some reason season after season we fail to sign that player so Noble is often utilised there.

The only reason can be is Noble is an integral part of the dressing room and is so important in that role that a place must be found for him in the team, a bit like Terry at Chelsea it will take a strong manager to call time on him.

Noble is a fair player but anyone who can’t see we need a better player in his position and have for a few seasons is sadly in my opinion deluding themselves.
happydaystoytown
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 99 likes

Post by happydaystoytown »

Plenty of blame to be shared around today but if he carries on putting in performances like that, he'll start to become a figure of fun, which would be very sad.

Pellegrini needs to stop this from happening and drop him for the foreseeable.

A spell out of a losing side, always sees your stock rise!
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

A very disappointing result today but not surprising considering we have so many new players in the squad. For most of the first half we played some really nice football and looked a class above Bournemouth except for the isolated occasions where they were able to get in behind our defenders (similar to Liverpool last week). Is it down to lack of concentration, ball watching or just plain confusion? It also looks like we've got a fitness problem especially in midfield, Wilshere is still not 100% and Noble is the wrong side of 30 (as is Zabaletta).

We're also lacking English players with a link to West Ham to pull things together which is why Noble is so important, maybe we should have picked up Shelvey during the window last Christmas instead of Sullivan publicly saying he wasn't good enough? If Wilshere can stay injury free and improve his fitness he will be an important player for us and will be a pivotal player with no doubt a point to prove next week

Whatever the case we've got Arsenal next, we rarely get a result there and they don't appear to be looking to roll over and so we could face the pressure of having no points a seriously negative goal difference and being bottom when we face Wolves in our next home game which we would normally consider very winnable. That's when we need to see grit and character and why even if Noble is slowing down it's hard to replace him, especially now.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Mark Noble woooah

Mark Noble woooah

f*** off
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Over the years I've seen Kouyate and Obiang and last week Rice getting blamed for Noble's poor performances. People saying he was on his own no support etc...

Well they were not there today so I think it's time to take off the claret and blue specs and accept that as good as he was he is only a squad player from here on.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

He has always been an average player. Except the past 2 years where he has been absolutely awful.