Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

MadaHammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by MadaHammer »

Noble has been superb for a number of games before the Leicester game. His improvement in form has coincided with us picking up the points we have done this season.
ornchurch ammer
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by ornchurch ammer »

Always a lot of knee jerking with Noble, and most of our other players.

It was a definite red but he was unlucky. He was trying to drag the ball back, hence his foot going over the ball, but the Leicester player got there before he could do so so he got six studs on the shin. A straight red but not as bad as some challenges you see.

As for costing us 2 points. Maybe, maybe not although it obviously didn't help. They could have come back and beat us with 11 on the pitch. It wouldn't be the first time would it?
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Silly mistake and made worse with our injury list. I'm sure he knows this better than anyone.

It is what it is so we move on.
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

It's funny how people who slam him and say he shouldn't be in the team week in week out then get all knicker-twisted when he is banned and can't play in games.

He's had 5 red cars over his 450ish games for the club. The same as Dicks in 326 games and Lomas in around half the number of games (227).
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1153 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Hammers Dad wrote: He's had 5 red cars over his 450ish games for the club.
Obviously paid too much then :P
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

Missed his leadership in the middle of the park tonight. Looking forward to having him back part of a three man midfield ASAP.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Denzil wrote:Missed his leadership in the middle of the park tonight. Looking forward to having him back part of a three man midfield ASAP.
Did wonder how many comments until the ‘we missed Noble’.

We didn’t really, we missed Fabianski, Zabaleta and Balbuena.
Denzil

Post by Denzil »

Correct, we did. As well as Noble. And more importantly a leader, which we quite clearly lacked all evening.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Logic really does fly out of the window in this thread.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Hammers Dad wrote:It's funny how people who slam him and say he shouldn't be in the team week in week out then get all knicker-twisted when he is banned and can't play in games.

He's had 5 red cars over his 450ish games for the club. The same as Dicks in 326 games and Lomas in around half the number of games (227).
Most PL games, most PL pens, Most PL Red cards, all in the WHU record books

:scarfer:
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Denzil wrote:Correct, we did. As well as Noble. And more importantly a leader, which we quite clearly lacked all evening.
I didn’t see a problem tonight that Noble would’ve solved. The problems were at the back where we changed 3 of the 5 and Antonio and Anderson not performing. Noble hasn’t particularly helped matters in the previous 2 games either. Would I rather have him available? Yes... Do I think we missed him tonight? No...
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: I didn’t see a problem tonight that Noble would’ve solved. The problems were at the back where we changed 3 of the 5 and Antonio and Anderson not performing. Noble hasn’t particularly helped matters in the previous 2 games either. Would I rather have him available? Yes... Do I think we missed him tonight? No...

Pretty much exactly how I saw it too word for word, although I'm inclined to think the last question is a maybe and not a definite no. He can be very influential on the team leading by example in these kind of games as he's done so like last season in the Cup against the filth.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Denzil wrote:Correct, we did. As well as Noble. And more importantly a leader, which we quite clearly lacked all evening.
Put it this way, like you I'd rather we could start a player like Noble captaining the side in this type of fixture right now, than not. We don't compete as a team half as well as we do against these c**** without him. We may not get a result with him playing (sometimes we do!) but more often than not we do at least compete in most of them when he does. Sorely missed last night for a number of reasons but he does only have himself to blame for that.

He'll come good again, I'm sure.

Ps - yet another game we lose without him playing, rarely picking up a result when he doesn't. The trend is clear to see...
Denzil

Post by Denzil »

Exactly CNR. Valid point regarding the defeat without him in the side too.

Just to reiterate my earlier post in case the point has been missed by some, I’m bemoaning the clear lack of leadership on the pitch last night, I’m not suggesting his footballing ability was the reason for defeat. Noble is the standout leader in the squad of players we have and it’s quite concerning that when he’s not available there’s not another player who adequately steps into those boots.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Ozza »

Bloody hell, had to dig this out from page 7, he must be playing well :D

Anyway thought he was excellent yesterday in his leadership on the pitch and the way he played, his contribution for the second goal was exceptional, the way he moved the ball from back to front through midfield to put Arthur in with a lovely through ball - sublime, well done Nobes
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

he does still do a sloppy pass every game though but yes - hes definitely making a difference to how the team ticks
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Ozza wrote:Bloody hell, had to dig this out from page 7, he must be playing well :D
Says it all.

Incredibly STILL at the heart of the very best WHU results.

How many managers is this now?!?!
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

orchestrated everything from deep. second best performance from him of the season after man u.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

gave him my MotM on the match thread.

held the team together when we were wobbling end of the first half..

exquisite pass to Masuaku for him to play that ball to Perez.

one of Citeh's, the Bin Dippers and the Red Mancs make that pass and it's headlines on the back page.

brilliant turn and perfect pace on the pass. think he may have played all night and rested on Saturday - but I would like him on the park. 3 wins in a row and we are mentally fit for the next round of games. a loss and it's "oh well, and we promised so much............"

perfect game for him I reckon this weekend.........
Longaz
Has liked: 1385 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Longaz »

Played well yesterday, seemed a lot deeper than usual with Rice often more advanced than him. I'd keep him in for the weekend