Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

woodford
Has liked: 422 likes
Total likes: 307 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by woodford »

sutts07 wrote:Maybe that Kouyate fella at Palace?

ah yes, to be fair we've missed someone laying down like they've been shot for five minutes each game
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Don't care how rank some of his performances were, I'll always have a soft spot for Kouyate!
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 258 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

HammerAl wrote:Don't care how rank some of his performances were, I'll always have a soft spot for Kouyate!
Me too. Loved his barnstorming, leggy runs. Two of my favourite WHU players currently at Selhurst Park. : (
jastons
Has liked: 900 likes
Total likes: 858 likes

Post by jastons »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:crest:
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1515 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Npble is fine in a midfield 3 not in a midfield 2.

I actually don’t think we have anyone capable of playing in a 2 with Rice at present. Which causes a selection issue for Pellegrini.

I hope we sort it this summer, but I’ve been saying that since 2012.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

If anybody was in any doubt how important Pellegrini views Noble's contribution now and in the future...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ms-history" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Turns to Stone wrote:Npble is fine in a midfield 3 not in a midfield 2.

I actually don’t think we have anyone capable of playing in a 2 with Rice at present. Which causes a selection issue for Pellegrini.

I hope we sort it this summer, but I’ve been saying that since 2012.
I think there has been some success with playing Noble and Rice as a two this season but it's got to be matched up against another 2 in midfield, not when faced up against a 3 midfield. So it's not that they cannot win and play well together it's just got to be targeted against certain opposition and how they also set up. But for sure, I'm convinced we are still at our best as a Team with a 3 man midfield and Nobles perfectly fine within that system whoever we face.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

agree stick to the 3 until we buy the DM we have needed for ages. long term obiang, noble Snodgrass are not the answer in there. we have two places that need filling alongside rice. Hopefully this is sorted this summer.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 83 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

Colours never run wrote:If anybody was in any doubt how important Pellegrini views Noble's contribution now and in the future...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ms-history" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't think that's going to convert too many doubters.

Pretty standard sort of reply to a question,

"Important".not "invaluable" "priceless" or "worth his weight in gold",
Colours never run

But what it does imply, is he isn't heading the exit or left on the subs bench as a bit part player. Important players, play, which flies in the face of those who were sure he's just about run his race.
Longaz
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Longaz »

He's just speaking respectfully about the club captain, as he should do. Starting 15 games max next season
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

Longaz wrote:He's just speaking respectfully about the club captain, as he should do. Starting 15 games max next season
Said every year for the past 10 years. Eventually it will happen & you will be right :)
Longaz

Post by Longaz »

I can assure you I haven't been expecting him to be replaced for the last 10 years. He's been more than able to hold he's own. But today he is not the player he previously was. We have a manager that is actively aiming to take us up the league. 27 year old Noble's position would be safe, 32 year old Noble is a completely different thing
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 616 likes

Post by Croydon »

Lil Joe 17 wrote: Said every year for the past 10 years. Eventually it will happen & you will be right :)
And I suspect if we had owners that recognised the importance of investment in playing staff, or owners that didn't fall victim to financial crisis or had we not been relegated, he would have been by now.
Skandi Brudson
Has liked: 502 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Skandi Brudson »

Some people are very black and white on everything. When a player has a bad game he has to go, sell him and replace him with an upgrade. Fine you might end up with a great first XI but who’s going to make up the squad?

All squad players have a role to play. I imagine it’s very difficult to manage that but that’s why the manager gets paid a small fortune.

Noble is a fine player. He has some great attributes and he has limitations, like the overwhelming majority of premier league players.

In my view he’s fine to play in the team as it currently stands but when everyone’s fit, he’s no guaranteed starter. But as an overall squad player, and I don’t mean to denigrate him by calling him that, he still has a few years left in him.

I think many on this thread have turned it into a playground ‘I’m right and you’re wrong’ thing. He’s no Pirlo, nor is he Ali Dia. He’s a good solid pro.

West Ham legend? Just shy for me.
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

Pot kettle hey?

When you say it, it's a joke, when someone gives as good as you get you don't like it....

Get in indeed.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 212 likes
Total likes: 667 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

No politics in the GD end of, joke or not.

Any more will be deleted and sanctioned
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

Back from the spot.. Good lad. :scarfer:
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Is Arnie our penalty taker if he plays? I'm watching some Arabic stream and it kept cutting to him when Nobes was taking the pen..

Been so long since we had one
Longaz

Post by Longaz »

bristolhammerfc wrote:No politics in the GD end of, joke or not.
Fair enough :thup:

13th consecutive season he's scored for us now, can't be many that's bettered that.