Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by Georgee Paris »

I think anyone that saw Noble vs Pogba would understand why him being a CB might not work
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

Pellegrini will know this lad makes us tick and can pass better than anyone in the squad.

I see him adding to what is around him before replacing him.
goa127
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

perhaps we could try Adrian at centre forward? Noble at CB? Possibly the worst position for him to play (other than keeper)
snooperpooper
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by snooperpooper »

wizzo_66 wrote:Pellegrini will know this lad makes us tick and can pass better than anyone in the squad.

I see him adding to what is around him before replacing him.
Which is why Yaya will be his first signing
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Please no to Yaya, I want to move forward, younger, hungrier players that can actually run.
Exiledin cardiff
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

^^

Are you including Noble in that? Really
flysohigh
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by flysohigh »

I think Noble will be phased out gradually. Surely the whole point of bringing in a top draw manager is to create a top draw team. Noble isn't a player that is going to be wanted by any team in the top half. You need to be more than a nice passer in a key position. I think he could be an effective sub or starter in cup games to bring the kids through.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

I feel a bit sorry for Noble. I was of the opinion there was a crucial period where he should have gone abroad in terms of his own development. He has never really had the legs for it since we moved. I think he might be finished to be honest.
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1068 likes

Post by pezza20 »

First thing MP is going to do is bring in 2 defensive midfield players who are very mobile, with Lanzini in behind Arnie and a second striker, and 2 wide players who can go wide or tuck in. There will be no room for Noble i this team. Part of the issue is that top half teams overrun midfield areas, and Noble is playing in a bottom half team, so in 7 or 8 games he'll look great but in the rest as we saw this season the game will pass him by.

I'd like to see him on the bench to calm things down last 15, and then become part of the coaching staff. He will I doubt be a starter next season.
stu1
Has liked: 668 likes
Total likes: 1035 likes

Post by stu1 »

Has a new manager ever arrived and it not been the end of Noble?

If anything I think MP’s arrival will be the end of Kouyate being a certain starter. I can see (and hope) MP will be targeting a poor mans Kante to stick next to Noble as he does without doubt need some legs around him.
flysohigh

Post by flysohigh »

stu1 wrote:Has a new manager ever arrived and it not been the end of Noble?

If anything I think MP’s arrival will be the end of Kouyate being a certain starter. I can see (and hope) MP will be targeting a poor mans Kante to stick next to Noble as he does without doubt need some legs around him.
I don't get why we have to accommodate Noble. Like every good player when the legs have gone move them on and replace. Man City aren't talking about getting younger legs around Ya Ya Toure.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1962 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

pezza

I think he might have something left in the tank, but to be honest, ANYONE having to play alongside Kouyate would look worse than they really are. Not saying he is the second coming, but honestly..We talk about how Antonio has fallen off the cliff, well Kouyate is just as bad.

I am 100% sure that Moyes only played him in midfield because with Noble, Mario and Lanzini in the middle we had no height to win our goal keeper aimless kicks and punts upfield.

Other than that he should have been consigned to the bench (but no real alternative with Obiang hurt) or in the CB's slot....
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1077 likes
Total likes: 1381 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

stu1 wrote:Has a new manager ever arrived and it not been the end of Noble?

Agreed

I don't see this as quite the end yet for Nobes

He and Obiang still have a role in the team. They just need to not play together...or with kouyate
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

I've read a lot this evening about 4-2-2-2.
I think Noble could easily be one of the two advanced midfielders, perhaps competing with Mario to partner Lanzini.
flysohigh

Post by flysohigh »

Rocketron wrote:I've read a lot this evening about 4-2-2-2.
I think Noble could easily be one of the two advanced midfielders, perhaps competing with Mario to partner Lanzini.
Ron, name one premier league club that has an advanced midfielder slower than Nobes? He hardly is a prolific scorer or top of the assists. He can pass and sit in front of the back four. That’s where he will earn his corn. Not sure it will be with us though.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

From what I've read about Pellegrini's 4-2-2-2 formation it requires 2 DM's that do nothing but sit and shield the defence and retain possession, should suit Nobes down to the ground. I doubt it's the end just yet, more areas of the team/squad need strengthening first.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1962 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

^^^^^^^

and seeing as we are going to take the cups seriously....plenty of games so we'll need a big squad for when we are in the semi final of one and the final of the other......

:lol: :lol: :lol:
stu1
Has liked: 668 likes
Total likes: 1035 likes

Post by stu1 »

Rocketron wrote:I've read a lot this evening about 4-2-2-2.
I very much doubt Noble is going to change position now. If he is going to play for MP it will be as will be as deep lying ball playing midfielder, which is basically the same role he plays now.
goingunderground
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by goingunderground »

Interested to see what a talented, attack-minded manager can do with Noble. There’s always been some untapped flair and flamboyance within Marky’s game. Appears at a shooting star candence. Maybe some freedom and the pressure off he will enjoy an Indian summer day of long range volley goals, Scholesy-esque lofted through balls, and smart tight passes in and around the box.
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

It does make me chuckle reading countless posts about Noble’s legs being gone. He never had any to begin with. That’s not what his game is built around regardless of whether you think he’s good enough. One thing is clear and consistent - every year people are convinced his time is up and he won’t be in the first team but he proves you wrong. This may well be the year that he is ousted from the first team but you can’t say I told you so when you’ve been saying the same thing for 5 seasons.