Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by djclipz »

Ozza wrote:Is Arnie our penalty taker if he plays? I'm watching some Arabic stream and it kept cutting to him when Nobes was taking the pen..

Been so long since we had one
That's what the commentator said... not sure if it's true, but could be. He did take one this season when noble was playing.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

cheers :thup:
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

djclipz wrote:
That's what the commentator said... not sure if it's true, but could be. He did take one this season when noble was playing.
v Bournmouth 1st Home game.

I made a calculated decision to give him the job of taking a penalty,” the No16 continued.

“That job is usually mine. I remember thinking about it the night before. I wasn’t convinced but, when we were awarded the penalty, I decided to give him the ball because I thought, ‘He’s our main man, we need him to score goals this season’.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... s-main-man" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

32 from 36 pens scored for Noble now 88% sucess rate, 2 more to equal Julian Dicks in 2nd Place after Tonka

Not that we get many anymore, must be too honest in the box
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Pop Robson wrote:
32 from 36 pens scored for Noble now 88% sucess rate, 2 more to equal Julian Dicks in 2nd Place after Tonka

Not that we get many anymore, must be too honest in the box
I was amongst the home lot yesterday.

I heard several people say that they knew he wouldn't miss.

I knew it too.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Pop Robson wrote:
v Bournmouth 1st Home game.

I made a calculated decision to give him the job of taking a penalty,” the No16 continued.

“That job is usually mine. I remember thinking about it the night before. I wasn’t convinced but, when we were awarded the penalty, I decided to give him the ball because I thought, ‘He’s our main man, we need him to score goals this season’.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... s-main-man" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Another example of his smart Leadership on the pitch.
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

sicknote wrote:Brooking

Have a day off

You are getting tedious and trolling this thread just repeating the same cobblers every day , we know your view it’s piss poor but we don’t have to be told it every day

And putting the crest in your posts doesn’t add value to your posts and validate your opinion , in fact it devalues the crest having you associate it with your opinion
Late on this I know but echo this completely. I don't understand why a West Ham fan would be so myopic about our captain; i might have some comprehension of it, (after all every player's fair game) but to only post on one thread with nothing but negativity is nuts.
I know I'll miss him like mad when he's gone - not through some sentimental 'one of our own' loyalty (although i admit that still matters to a good degree), but for the fact that he might be the last classic example of the home-bred West Ham midfielder...a heritage of variable talent that stretches from the likes of Phil Woosnam in the early 60's through Martin Peters, Boycie, Patsy, Pike, Geno, Devo (via Southall), Dickens, Ince, Lampard, Carrick, Cole, Collison et al.
Nobes has been as good or better than a few of them, inferior to many of them, but he's been picked by more managers than any of them - not by a collective agreement of fans, but by a plethora of managers with radically different ideas of how to play football.
I scarcely hear any alternatives to replace Nobes either from those who value him and want to upgrade or more pertinently those who don't value him and think he's crap. 8 managers of varying value have done so, though.
There is an admitted level of sentiment regarding my love of Nobes (i confess to wanting to cling to the last vestiges of what we were about), but he's so much more than that. He's a proper player - edging towards the end of his career, but someone who has been far, far more than a mere Cockney figurehead for our club.
15 years playing for us in all sorts of circumstances, under 8 bosses - respect due.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

WestHamByTheSea wrote: but for the fact that he might be the last classic example of the home-bred West Ham midfielder...a heritage of variable talent that stretches from the likes of Phil Woosnam in the early 60's through Martin Peters, Boycie, Patsy, Pike, Geno, Devo (via Southall), Dickens, Ince, Lampard, Carrick, Cole, Collison et al.
We've already got another one in Declan Rice. 8-) And if anyone got funny about how he ain't a product of our Academy, then they couldn't accept Noble either - Originated at Chelsea and Arsenal respectively. Both are WHU Academy graduates, as far as I'm concerned.

Agree with everything else you said.
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

Colours never run wrote:
We've already got another one in Declan Rice. 8-) And if anyone got funny about how he ain't a product of our Academy, then they couldn't accept Noble either - Originated at Chelsea and Arsenal respectively. Both are WHU Academy graduates, as far as I'm concerned.

Agree with everything else you said.
:wink: Yep, no argument there CNR- was one of those when i clicked the 'send' button I retrospectively thought of Deccers (I say unconvincingly!). Perhaps I only left him out cos he's still a work in progress but you are of course right. It almost feels like Rice is so good that its inevitable he'll be off soon, but yep, he's certainly been schooled in the West Ham classic midfielder tradition.
Longaz
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Longaz »

WestHamByTheSea wrote: ..... the fact that he might be the last classic example of the home-bred West Ham midfielder...a heritage of variable talent that stretches from the likes of Phil Woosnam in the early 60's through Martin Peters, Boycie, Patsy, Pike, Geno, Devo (via Southall), Dickens, Ince, Lampard, Carrick, Cole, Collison et al.
Your not the first to say this, so I'm sure there's something in it, but I don't get it. Why would we no longer produce a decent midfielder from the academy?
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1033 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

Colours never run wrote: We've already got another one in Declan Rice. 8-) And if anyone got funny about how he ain't a product of our Academy, then they couldn't accept Noble either - Originated at Chelsea and Arsenal respectively. Both are WHU Academy graduates, as far as I'm concerned.
Both played for The Academy, so both qualify as Academy graduates. Domingos Quina - a similar acquisition from a rival club at a young age - never played for The Academy. He went straight to the U23 side. He is therefore not an Academy graduate. I don't think Jermain Defoe played for The Academy either.
Colours never run

Longaz wrote:
Your not the first to say this, so I'm sure there's something in it, but I don't get it. Why would we no longer produce a decent midfielder from the academy?
Come to think of it, Diangana looks to be another one. I don't see why we can't produce them ever again.

Leon

Defoe played in the U18s Academy. He arrived as a 16yo from Charlton having spent just over a year in Charlton's Academy. Truth be told, he's Senrabs 'graduate' more than anyone. However that doesn't mean both Charlton and West Ham can't make a claim of influencing his career at a young age either, working closely with the likes of Tony Carr.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2499 likes
Total likes: 4403 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

made me smile.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I’d like to try that :thup:
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2499 likes
Total likes: 4403 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

59p a can in Home Bargains :thup:
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

Disclaimer: after one too many, your legs may not work as well as they used too..
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

S-H wrote:Disclaimer: after one too many, your legs may not work as well as they used too..
Apparently all goes flat after 60 minutes, but its a local brew, so ...
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

Goes well with Rice, apparently.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

S-H wrote:Goes well with Rice, apparently.
:D
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

33 from 37 pens scored for WHU by Noble now 89% sucess rate, 1 more to equal Julian Dicks (34) in 2nd Place after Tonka on 76

1 League Apperance from 400 and overtaking Steve Potts (399)

Mark Noble has scored 22 penalties in the Premier League since his debut in August 2005, only Frank Lampard (36), Steven Gerrard (31), Sergio Aguero (24) & Wayne Rooney (23) have scored more in that period.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Pop Robson wrote:33 from 37 pens scored for WHU by Noble now 89% sucess rate, 1 more to equal Julian Dicks (34) in 2nd Place after Tonka on 76

1 League Apperance from 400 and overtaking Steve Potts (399)

Mark Noble has scored 22 penalties in the Premier League since his debut in August 2005, only Frank Lampard (36), Steven Gerrard (31), Sergio Aguero (24) & Wayne Rooney (23) have scored more in that period.
He would easily have surpassed all those if West ham were awarded all the penalties we should have had. :shock: