Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by jaybs »

Doc H Ball wrote:By playing Zabaleta there at least it won’t hinder Rice’s development. Having Noble there as his captain has meant that Declan has been going nowhere. It’s a shame watching a talented youngster come through the ranks without any mentoring. When on earth will he ever get a call up for example?
Unbelievable! for one of our own fans to claim that Declan Rice development has been hindered, that that is the blame of the Club Captain! Oh to be back in the 70s & 80s before we had armchair warriors! who seem to think they know better than the Manager!
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1949 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Couldn’t agree more jaybs.

I think Declan would as well.
Patito

Post by Patito »

The irony though Image
Estuary
Has liked: 365 likes
Total likes: 138 likes

Post by Estuary »

Obiang more strength & pace, very disciplined in his role, his passing is under-estimated whereas Noble's is overestimated imo.
I cant let that go, Obiang is the place where West Ham moves go to die due to his utterly appalling passing, also, if he had any of the qualities that you see in him as better than Noble we wouldn't be in the market for a CM at £25m in every transfer window, he would play every week. He has one asset as a player over Mark, he is faster, but so is Kris Akabusi.
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

Estuary wrote:I cant let that go, Obiang is the place where West Ham moves go to die due to his utterly appalling passing, also, if he had any of the qualities that you see in him as better than Noble we wouldn't be in the market for a CM at £25m in every transfer window, he would play every week. He has one asset as a player over Mark, he is faster, but so is Kris Akabusi.
I cant let that go, you think Obiang can't pass, yet he passes well with both feet. Strength & defensive abilities are what are so obviously lacking in our middle, Noble is way too weak & slow to play that role. We have better players @ ACM Anderson/Lanzini/Nasri who are also not very physical, they obviously need a more physical foil, hence Obiang over Noble.

Noble is where the ball slows & gets stuck have you never noticed, too predictable, 1 dimensional & easy to nullify. He can't escape with skill, strength or pace, therefore, too easy to trap. His main defense to being trapped is a 'pass the buck', 'hot potato' hospital ball backward, sideways, or fall on the ball (diving). Ironic that when Hernandez dives he gets disdain here for it, yet Noble regularly dives when pressured, but never mentioned doh!

Obiang can break a press with pace is my point, have you noticed we can't press effectively with Noble in the team?. 25m you mention, how much is Noble & Obiang worth in todays transfer mkt? You think we'd get more for Noble than Obiang?

Kris Akabusi was a track star not a footballer so what's your point, you don't make sense, seems a weak diversion due to denial. Get real, compare MN to any other PL Midfielder & ask yourself is he the slowest. 10yrs & still not the answer, yet you want more of the same? We need a real leader/presence/capt. not your Primark Legend, desperately seeking susan.

Kris Akabusi 8-)
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Not in a million years is Obiang more physical than Noble. And he's certainly nowhere near Nobles passings ability. Obiang in fact has a nasty habit of occasionally hiding during games. He is of course quicker though.
hammer1975
Has liked: 977 likes
Total likes: 1151 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Obiang looks class in one game, at sea in the next. He’s probably one of the least consistent players i’ve seen at West Ham. Shame - because his good games are very, very good. He had an excellent spell in our first season at the LS before getting injured - but don’t think he’s consistently been at that level since.

I also get the impression that he wants to go back to Italy given the constant links and his form around the January transfer window.

We need to improve our options beyond Noble, don’t see Obiang as part of that solution anymore.
goa127
Has liked: 450 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

I have to laugh at the suggestion to replace Noble with Zabaletta in midfield. Given that one of the main complaints against Noble is his lack of pace, replacing him with our rapidly slowing veteran fullback seems slightly silly. I think I'd go with Kris Akabusi :lol:
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2572 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Zab in midfield isn't the worst idea.... but as a backup to rice, and certainly not to play alongside him. We struggle to play the ball effectively to our forward players as it is. We'd have no chance with zab and rice in midfield. Obisng... like noble... at least does take an occasional risk with a forward ball. Obiang is faster than noble, and more likely to get his foot in to break up play. Both are capable of having good games and bad, both are not consistent. If noble was consistent then this thread wouldn't be as popular as it is. Noble playing so much over many seasons is partly because he's club captain, partly because he's mostly dependable, but also partly because we've done a really poor job at upgrading that part of the midfield over the last few seasons.
Pop Robson
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

We should appreciate Mark Noble now and forever

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... nd-forever" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Estuary
Has liked: 365 likes
Total likes: 138 likes

Post by Estuary »

I cant let that go, you think Obiang can't pass, yet he passes well with both feet. Strength & defensive abilities are what are so obviously lacking in our middle, Noble is way too weak & slow to play that role. We have better players @ ACM Anderson/Lanzini/Nasri who are also not very physical, they obviously need a more physical foil, hence Obiang over Noble.

Noble is where the ball slows & gets stuck have you never noticed, too predictable, 1 dimensional & easy to nullify. He can't escape with skill, strength or pace, therefore, too easy to trap. His main defense to being trapped is a 'pass the buck', 'hot potato' hospital ball backward, sideways, or fall on the ball (diving). Ironic that when Hernandez dives he gets disdain here for it, yet Noble regularly dives when pressured, but never mentioned doh!

Obiang can break a press with pace is my point, have you noticed we can't press effectively with Noble in the team?. 25m you mention, how much is Noble & Obiang worth in todays transfer mkt? You think we'd get more for Noble than Obiang?

Kris Akabusi was a track star not a footballer so what's your point, you don't make sense, seems a weak diversion due to denial. Get real, compare MN to any other PL Midfielder & ask yourself is he the slowest. 10yrs & still not the answer, yet you want more of the same? We need a real leader/presence/capt. not your Primark Legend, desperately seeking susan.
Kris Akabusi 8-)[/quote]

I don't think Obiang can't pass, I know so having watched every minute of his West Ham career. And I am not comparing Noble to players outside the club, just to Pedro, and even his greatest advocates wouldn't compare his contribution to West Ham with Mark's, he is not as good a football player. If he were the last three managers would have played him, and that didn't happen.
(Re Mr Akabusi/Pedro, my point is that just being quick doesn't make you a footballer, it makes you a faster runner)
Patito

Post by Patito »

Mark Noble - "Primark Legend" Image
Pop Robson
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Back in the team next game
I presume ?
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by upton girlie »

Unfortunately his Nana Dot died yesterday so pretty sure his mind was on other things, hence his absence.
She was his maternal grandmother and they are a very close family.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I reckon this was the managers call more than Nobles head gone for a burton. If he was deemed fine to be on the bench, then I reckon he would have been in the right frame of mind to start. If he was really struggling, then he wouldn't have been there at all. Pellegrini for me called it wrong amongst other decisions tonight, but I understand his reasoning.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Today's 'Star' published a story from :arry: where he says, Nobes should take up coaching when he hangs up his boots and become a future West Ham manager. He believes he has all attributes to be successful, you know the usual Redknapp I'll conceived, un thought out trash that usually comes out of that geezers gob. "He loves the club, he's West ham through and through, he's a triffic boy"Yadah, Yadah, Yadah
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Nobes is in tonight's Standard, issuing a call to arms along the lines of first victory at some other bunch of nobodies' new ground.

He references when we did it at The Emirates, when he was 19.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

would be nice for him to get the winner today in memory of his grandparents.

noble is a better player than obiang who is way too inconsistent to be at the club. he has pace and can pass but one good game is usually followed by a few stinkers. sell for 10m in the summer and buy the young fast fit strong DM we need to support Declan.noble should be a useful sub and senior figure around the club for the next 2 seasons.
rice to be captain soon but he needs help in the midfield.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4920 likes

Post by -DL- »

Absolutely superb game from our skipper today. Rolled back the years.
Patito

Post by Patito »

-DL- wrote:Absolutely superb game from our skipper today. Rolled back the years.
Definitely, some of the passes he pulled off were outstanding, could tell he was really up for it today.