Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by Puff Daddy »

I reckon he would fit in well at somewhere like Southend
steveherts66

Post by steveherts66 »

Southend wouldn't take him. At least he'd be ok through the average speed cams all the way down there :lol:
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4404 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Lawro weighs in:
Whilst discussing the situation, Lawrenson said, “Last year the recruitment was poor, this year it’s great. I think one of the biggest problems now is Mark Noble. He’s been such a good player, but if you watch him now, I think his legs have gone.”
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

Lawro has it right. There is no place in modern football for players like Noble.
miles
This site...
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 421 likes

Post by miles »

We looked much worse when he went off and conceded two goals. Must start against Huddersfield.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

miles wrote:We looked much worse when he went off and conceded two goals. Must start against Huddersfield.
Very true , but that was mostly down to playing a CB in midfield , one who couldn't find a team mate with a pass .
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

Kouyate is a midfielder and has a pass completion of over 80%.
miles
This site...

Post by miles »

Low 80s is extremely poor for a central midfielder. But that ain't his strength anyway.
miles
This site...

Post by miles »

the pink palermo wrote: Very true , but that was mostly down to playing a CB in midfield , one who couldn't find a team mate with a pass .
Tad unfair. Rice was as isolated in deep midfield as Hernandez was up top. We started with truly incomprehensible tactics and team selection. Even if we had Billy 'Molasses' Carvalho in there it was doomed to failure. Slav must get the midfield blend right next game or it really will be over for him.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

I wasn't talking about Rice .
miles
This site...

Post by miles »

Kouyate is ok as long as he has someone next to him who can pass a football. And someone behind him who can guard the defence. Then he can be free to run up and down doing his Mo Diame impression for 90 mins.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

miles wrote:Kouyate is ok as long as he has someone next to him who can pass a football. And someone behind him who can guard the defence. Then he can be free to run up and down doing his Mo Diame impression for 90 mins.

That's why I've said for a while now its important we play with 3 in midfield which allows Obiang to sit more and protect the back line and sees a pass and makes it, Noble more licence to get higher up the pitch effecting play and Kouyate to be the legs in the middle. It's a nice balanced midfield trio that works to their strengths whilst taking into account their weaknesses.
rossmundo
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by rossmundo »

He comes from Canning Town he cant get up and down..........Mark Noble ooooh :D
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Mark Noble has been a good player for West Ham for quite a few years. Without getting into the debate about his current usefulness. But legend ? Sorry no. West Ham legends are people like Billy Bonds, Bobby Moore, Geoff Hurst, Martin Peters, Trevor Brooking, Vic Watson, and possibly the likes of Alan Taylor, Frank Mcevennie, and Frank Lampard Snr, So good club servant yes, legend no.
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

I think he is at the point where he has to be totally honest with himself. He has been a stalwart through good and not so good times. I never thought he should be team captain...not inspiring enough for me, but it seems that longevity can get you that honour whether you are up to it or not. That in itself is poor management in one respect, but I get the sentiment.

Where we find ourselves now, I would like to see Noble relinquish his position and the captaincy coached into Antonio or perhaps Lanzini. I don't get inspired by Winnnie either, seems to have the character of a wet weekend.

I wonder how much genuine enthusiasm Mark has for the club since we moved to the sterile bowl. There's almost a sense that he left part of himself at the Boleyn, with many of the old schoolers. He plays like he belongs in that era and it's time to take a back seat role and retain some dignity in doing so. I don't elevate Mark to club legend, he is a great servant of the club he loves...but without achieving anything to make him one of the standouts.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

We are in the ****
Not the time to drop Noble. We need his grit and determination more than ever tbf

Play him in the middle with both Obaing and Kouyate against Huddersfield.

Antonio, Sakho and Hernandez in front of them
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4404 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:We are in the ****
Not the time to drop Noble. We need his grit and determination more than ever tbf

Play him in the middle with both Obaing and Kouyate against Huddersfield.

Antonio, Sakho and Hernandez in front of them
You keep dropping Lanzini. Any reason why?
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

keep dropping him?
this is probably the first game i have ever suggested not starting him

no real reason, i just think for this game we need to go at them with power and pace up top. I love Lanzini, but is he fully fit? If we were in good form i would say yes, get him in

To be honest, i am not fussed who we play as the front '3', but against all my principles i think we have to go for a 3 man central midfield of Noble, Kuoyate and Obiang at home (i feel dirty even suggesting it tbf)

In an ideal world we would play two DMs, Lanzini and then the three up top. But that isn't happening at this moment in time
Claret&Blue,Thru&
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Claret&Blue,Thru& »

BondsoBob wrote:Mark Noble has been a good player for West Ham for quite a few years. Without getting into the debate about his current usefulness. But legend ? Sorry no. West Ham legends are people like Billy Bonds, Bobby Moore, Geoff Hurst, Martin Peters, Trevor Brooking, Vic Watson, and possibly the likes of Alan Taylor, Frank Mcevennie, and Frank Lampard Snr, So good club servant yes, legend no.
Less of a Legend than Alan Taylor, really? Taylor scored a couple of goals in each of a few important rounds of an FA cup. Tommy Taylor is more of a legend. Look at the appearance figures.
Italian Hammer
Total likes: 299 likes

Post by Italian Hammer »

oops, wrong thread