Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by Ozza »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:He lived up to his name tonight then.
Time for me to turn the laptop off...
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Thought both him and Obiang were a bit off the pace tonight.
But so were the there ahead of them
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Thought both him and Obiang were a bit off the pace tonight.
But so were the there ahead of them
Obiang 93% of 38 touches

Noble 87% of 69 touches
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:
Obiang 93% of 38 touches

Noble 87% of 69 touches
To be honest Cuenca, I am not one for stats. I can see for myself they didn't really get control of the game like previous weeks. They may well have been able to move the ball accurately but didn't seem as involved.
And I am Pedro''s biggest fan
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Obiang isn't good enough. He can make 100% of his passes, but I've seen enough of him to know the £8-10m we'll get from an Italian club is great money. He's a nothing midfielder, doesn't do anything amazingly well and isn't quick enough.

Noble tonight was caught out a few times trying to win a foul/ block and man because he knows he doesn't have the legs to compete sometimes. We've got to be looking to change that next year.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

@ Crouchy

we must have had control of the midfield to an extent we had 65 % possession......

we didn't have those incisive through balls though. Credit Brighton with their defensive set up..they had two solid banks of 4 playing tight together so there weren't too many spaces between....

I think we should have gone long a few more times, most of our possession I would guess was in the midfield third and all in front of them.

It was up to us to break them down and we couldn't. Towards the very end of the first half summed up our night...with 1 minute to go we got down their end, Anderson (and this isn't a criticism because loads were guilty) he had the opportunity to shoot, he passed it to Noble and he had a wild shot as the whistle blew.

Possession is great but it had to be with a purpose..we did Brighton's job for them..sideways and back, sideways and back, back, back, sideways...etc. etc. They loved that......
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

not at his best and shown up by young dec !

we lack pace and creativity in the midfield 3 for these games. if only we had a lanzini
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:@ Crouchy

we must have had control of the midfield to an extent we had 65 % possession......

we didn't have those incisive through balls though. Credit Brighton with their defensive set up..they had two solid banks of 4 playing tight together so there weren't too many spaces between....

I think we should have gone long a few more times, most of our possession I would guess was in the midfield third and all in front of them.

It was up to us to break them down and we couldn't.

Possession is great but it had to be with a purpose..we did Brighton's job for them..sideways and back, sideways and back, back, back, sideways...etc. etc. They loved that......
Exactly how I saw it. It happens, on to the next.

For what it's worth, I thought Noble was below par last night, as were many others. Rice really was the stand out performer in yet another game. Def Mid is definitely a role made for him, Neville's wrong to suggest he's better as a Centre Half. Much more to his game than just that.
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

Patito wrote:I actually don't think that was necessarily just for you, Longaz. I can think of at least 2 posters (not yourself) who will re-write history just to dig Nobes out on here.
Your the deluded one rewriting history, Noble has been average at best for the majority of his career. Yet a couple good games make you easily forget his history of his usual average performances. Keep trying to brainwash yourselves, but fact is Noble ain't very good average at best. Antonio in the past had 7 good games in a row, goal a game, if that was Noble he'd be knighted. Kouyate had about 3 MOTM performances with us, but he's still rubbish to the likes of all you Noble hypocrites!! Counting 2-3 good games to wash away 2yrs of dross is stupid, desperately wishing your fairy tale into existence, which will never happen imo.

Another Numpty here says Obiang is the weak link, do you actually know what it takes to have to run/cover a cone constantly over 90mins+?

Noble's mobility doesn't fit the current PL, used as rotation player is best all round for the team moving forward. Someones excuse: he was bad, but so was everyone else, these contradicting hypocrites should also see when he was good, so was everyone else. Manu are way below form beaten by lower teams often, yet Pogba in Nobles pocket haha wake the hell up, Pogba is out of sorts as is Manu, see their recent results. Carry on blowing the trumpet, deluded Noble pipe dream 10yrs n counting, trust me your dreams will fade n die. They had for me when he was 24 ish about 6 yrs ago NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Please stop diluting worthy Legend's of the past with an average player. George Paris, Geoff Pike, Pat Holland, Paul Ince, Lampard, Joe Cole, John Moncur, Paul Allen, Scott Parker, Mark Ward, were all better players imo

Legends: Moore, Hurst, Peters, Brooking, Bonds, Devonshire, Rio, Dicanio You guys putting Noble next to these giants of the game is a disservice & joke to me.

Loyal Club Servant is a different kettle of fish to being a footy legend in my book, you need to have exceptional footballing talent!
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

If Donald Trump did KUMB....
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

Doc H Ball wrote:If Donald Trump did KUMB....
Spin Dr Sarah Huckabee Sanders :scarfer:
billtho
Total likes: 230 likes

Post by billtho »

brooking1966..The best post on this aubject absolute truth and facts..Perhaps legend in quantity but never in quality.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

@ brooking
@ billtho

you two spout an absolute load of crap..

you're entitled to an opinion - so is everyone else.....doesn't make your opinion "fact" as you describe it..

but you are not even objective.................someone gives an opinion about OB1 (what a dick) and you call them a numpty....

oh and I think it's "you're" not "your"....
pharaoh
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by pharaoh »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:@ brooking
@ billtho

Too true
billtho

Post by billtho »

Would the legend have got into any top 8 team in the last 5 years.I dont think so.I first watched the hammers in 1965 and ive not missed many home games in that time.Ive seen players like Ronny Boyce through to Payet and i honestly think Nobes is an average pro who has done a decent job.If my opinion makes me a nobhead and idiot then so be it.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:@ brooking
@ billtho

Very true
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

billtho wrote:Would the legend have got into any top 8 team in the last 5 years.I dont think so.I first watched the hammers in 1965 and ive not missed many home games in that time.Ive seen players like Ronny Boyce through to Payet and i honestly think Nobes is an average pro who has done a decent job.If my opinion makes me a nobhead and idiot then so be it.
what has getting into a top 8 team got to do with it...??

I have watched since we had Bond and Brown etc. etc. - hardly any of our players over the years, exception Hurst, Peters and Moore could have gotten into any top 8 teams..Brooking would have, Billy Bonds wouldn't have. doesn't make him less of a player to me and my ilk...

If my opinion makes me a nobhead and idiot then so be it.

you said it mate, not me....
billtho

Post by billtho »

Hardly any of our players could have gotten into a top 8 team..Well at least i know that there at least 2 nobheads on the site me and you.
How about these few players for a starter
Scotty Parker to spuds
Bellamy to man city
Tevez to man utd
Benayoun to liverpool
Dicks to liverpool
Joe cole..Frank Lampard..Glen Johnson to chelsea
Defoe to spurs
The point being that if Noble was something special then the big clubs would have come calling for him and we would have sold him.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

those 4 would have made any team that was top of the league..........

but then again if that makes me a knobhead..fair enough...

plus didn't you say last 5 years ??? my memory might be really bad but I think all of those you quoted left here longer than 5 years ago..
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

billtho wrote:Would the legend have got into any top 8 team in the last 5 years.
Go on then, I'll have a little late night nibble. Yes, he definitely would have got in some Top 8 sides in the past 5 years and not looked out of place, no question. In fact, we were one of them!