Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by hammerman11 »

noble has been an average to good premier league player. unlucky not to get an England call up as a lot of crap has been capped by England.

he is not legend just a good pro who has stayed at west ham all his career whether that's by choice or not none of us really know. if he was a legend he would have moved on as that is the trend nowadays.

noble 31 rice 19 obiang 26 - it is clear where the replacement must be found for next season.

he has been playing ok/well recently and I hope it continues as we are short in this area.

we cannot afford to lose rice or obiang to injury or a move this season. we still require the energetic DM which we have done for several years now. sanchez isn't and never was the answer.

lanzini and wilshere coming back offers us more creativity for games like brighton where we need the forward pass to break them down. the current 3 do not really possess that .

as always I support the player who wears the shirt and will not boo are players or wish them ill. so I hope noble plys well and lifts the caravan cup next year. good pro but not a legend.
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

billtho wrote:brooking1966..The best post on this aubject absolute truth and facts..Perhaps legend in quantity but never in quality.
"Absolute truth and facts."

He literally referred to Noble as a cone.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

‘If Noble was legend he would have left us.’

Do you all have abandonment issues?

If the qualifier for legend is needing to be a world class player then we’ll never have a legend ever again. It’s as simple as that. He’s a legend for being a one club man in a world where players last 3 years at a club, he’s never pushed for a move or made noises about a new contract, he’s captain of the club he grew up supporting.

He has been one of the first names on the team sheet under every manager we’ve had since he broke into the team, and every time it’s the same ‘oh finally, Allardyce will drop Noble for someone stronger.’, ‘I’m sure Bilic will replace Noble now that we’ve bought Song, Fernandes and Obiang.’, ‘Pellegrini won’t have Noble in his midfield now that we’ve got Wilshere’

Yet all they all ever say is how important he is. You can drop as many unquantifiable buzzwords about a player you don’t like as you want, but you telling me Kouyate was ‘quick, brave, strong, heart of a lion, passion, power.’ Didn’t make me believe he was a great player, and you saying Noble is ‘slow, small, weak, NOT GOOD ENOUGH.’ Doesn’t change the fact that every highly trained football manager we have thinks otherwise.

Loyal club servant might not have been enough 20 years ago, but in this age of football it certainly is. I bet Brighton think Bruno is a legend, doubt they have a thread like this of people screaming that he didn’t really have a good game against Man Utd but we’re all deluded.
Patito

Post by Patito »

jackhammer
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3122 likes
Total likes: 2265 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

He's not a legend... he's a very naughty boy!

(Can't actually believe this thread is still going. Always regret opening it.)
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

I find it so strange that people take time out of their day to come on here and slag off any of our players, let alone a local boy, club captain who has been with the club his entire career.

I can accept that many don't rate him as a player, as he certainly divides opinion, but to come on here to call him names and **** him off... Well that is trolling and just a bit weird.

He isn't the best player we've had, he probably won't be remembered as a legend but at the very least he should be respected as a top pro, and a loyal servant to our club, through some of the lowest points in our history.

We will miss him when he's gone, there won't be another like him, especially in the modern, Sky Sports dominated game.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

thejackhammer wrote:

If the qualifier for legend is needing to be a world class player then we’ll never have a legend ever again. It’s as simple as that. He’s a legend for being a one club man in a world where players last 3 years at a club, he’s never pushed for a move or made noises about a new contract, he’s captain of the club he grew up supporting.

He has been one of the first names on the team sheet under every manager we’ve had since he broke into the team, and every time it’s the same ‘oh finally, Allardyce will drop Noble for someone stronger.’, ‘I’m sure Bilic will replace Noble now that we’ve bought Song, Fernandes and Obiang.’, ‘Pellegrini won’t have Noble in his midfield now that we’ve got Wilshere’

Yet all they all ever say is how important he is.

Sums it up as well as anyone could , Jack . :thup:
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

brooking1966 wrote:Loyal Club Servant is a different kettle of fish to being a footy legend in my book, you need to have exceptional footballing talent!
Over the years I have read many a questionable post on here, but congratulations, this was definitely the worst. It's an achievement, at least.

I will touch upon the last bit of your post and refer you to the name of the thread. Mark Noble - West Ham Legend, not Mark Noble - footy legend. There's a marked difference between being a legend at one club and being a legend in the entire game.
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Mark is a West Ham Legend! and sadly could be The Last Local Born Player that has such a long loyal career with out club, a development not for the better!
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Always chuckle when people list West Ham legends in their arguments against Mark Noble, and include Paolo Di Canio - instantly makes how old those posters are.

Old enough to remember his wonder goal v Wimbledon and sublime skill v Chelsea, not old enough to be bothered by the bunking off for cold midweek games up in Sunderland or how disruptive and indisciplined he was when faced with a manager like Roeder

(I loved him as much as any supporter)
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

e17 wrote:Always chuckle when people list West Ham legends in their arguments against Mark Noble, and include Paolo Di Canio - instantly makes how old those posters are.

Old enough to remember his wonder goal v Wimbledon and sublime skill v Chelsea, not old enough to be bothered by the bunking off for cold midweek games up in Sunderland or how disruptive and indisciplined he was when faced with a manager like Roeder

(I loved him as much as any supporter)
Simples ,1 had magical footballing talent & the other didn't doh, moreover, he could of played in any team globally at that time. I'm 52 born Forest Gate seen lot of West Ham, throughout my life. Watching Noble has always been underwhelming tbh like watching paint dry, he's about half a Carrick & 2/3's a Parker tbf, I rated George 'warrior' Paris higher. Have you watched much of West Ham in the past yourself?

Your ratings of Nobes in the same light as great magical game changing footballers flumoxes me. I mean isn't it obvious that Nobles not very good? I understand some fans here perspective, identifying & seeing themselves in him,living their fantasy through him, but reality is 10+ years n waiting.

The fact we haven't had a great player for a while doesn't mean get desperate & promote or overhype our average players like Noble. Why does he average out @ 6/10 or lower for 10+ yrs? Save the Legend status for talents worthy or use a different word simples.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

brooking1966 wrote:
Simples
:asleep:
Awooga_Iron
Has liked: 81 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Awooga_Iron »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:had 9 teams plus indefinite loans..

now with the Las Vegas Lights...

some career that huh ???

:?

U.S. couldn't wait to label him as the next great thing, gave him a huge contract at about 15 and reportedly older pros hated it - and him for it......

never got going....

cracking on CM though..

Ricardo Quaresma too and Kennedy Bakircioglu... Kim Kallstrom....Tonto Zola Moukoko

them's the days...all much better than Mark Noble too..

:lol:
Assane N'Dayie ? (sic)

If you could get him from Shaktar you'd be pleased. Martin Palermo too.
Patito

Post by Patito »

brooking1966 wrote: simples.
And I’m the troll apparently. You’re not West Ham fella.
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

So just because a fan ( Brooking 66 ) doesn't want to use nobles **** as toothpaste he's not West Ham . Think Pot kettle and Black fits in there Patito. In some peoples eyes Noble is a below average player, he doesn't get the fans he never has all he gets is his tongue up Sullis arse trying to get a job when he stops playing,
I thought West Ham fans want the best ,seems some are willing to accept below average.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:So just because a fan ( Brooking 66 ) doesn't want to use nobles **** as toothpaste he's not West Ham .
1. I never said that.
2. He’s no fan, let’s have it right.
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

Why is he not a fan because he don't rate Noble.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

Gents can we stick to the subject matter, not petty calling each other out
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

Can we get ‘thejackhammers’ post pinned to the top of every page, it’s a perfect summary of why Noble will go down as a legend for many.

:thup:
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1020 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:In some peoples eyes Noble is a below average player, he doesn't get the fans he never has all he gets is his tongue up Sullis arse trying to get a job when he stops playing,
I thought West Ham fans want the best ,seems some are willing to accept below average.
Brooking is entitled to his opinion, its one I can at least see the logic of.

You just like to pick at something you think is controversial though, offering nothing to any debate but bile. Its crap like this that gets me annoyed when they post up the site rules, too many posts on non football and you are gone but a constant stream of 'look at me hating this guy' is apparently adding something to the place.