Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 2343 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

noblecause wrote:Turned the tide of the game for us today. Constantly showing for the ball and then moving it FORWARD!! It's amazing how much more threatening a team can be when that happens. Obiang and Kouyate were terrible.
he played very well, but he had the advantage of much better movement ahead of him 2nd half, and also played against a rapidly tiring West Brom team

As i said on another thread, I thought Obiang played pretty well first half, esp given the lack of movement from everyone and Kouyate going missing

Noble and Obiang should be the first choice pairing
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

A great man. But average midfielder. Turned the game tonight but we still need a couple of CM this month if we are to be comfortably safe. Carvalho and Wiltshire would do....but alas I suspect those two ships have sailed.
Rowly
Has liked: 106 likes
Total likes: 57 likes

Post by Rowly »

He made all the difference 2nd half. Well done Mark.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Top stuff from Nobes, I hope he can stay fit
OFT
Has liked: 2953 likes
Total likes: 1745 likes

Post by OFT »

He seemed to fill the midfield up all on his own....tremendous stuff, as mentioned on commentary (Tony Gale?) think he saved Ogbonna a booking as well by talking to the ref .

Gotta love the bloke
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2905 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Well done skipper
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Top performance from mark. This is how he should be playing. i.e. forward looking.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6831 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Colours never run »

He is Mr Composure personified.

We were heading for a loss without him in the first half and eventually won with him back in it. No surprise, he's been doing this for years now. We really do struggle to win games without him.

I hope things like this make those realise just what he offers when he does play and when he doesn't.

Oh and Ogbonna can thank his Captain from getting a yellow after his hissy fit in front of the ref. Captains role.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Hugh Jargon II wrote:A great man. But average midfielder. Turned the game tonight but we still need a couple of CM this month if we are to be comfortably safe. Carvalho and Wiltshire would do....but alas I suspect those two ships have sailed.

If you mean an average Premier League midfielder, I think Noble can take that as a big compliment. For anyone to be average in this league, say a mid table midfielder, that's very consistently good at this level. If however you mean worse than that, then think you'd be wide of the mark.
mattyD
Has liked: 266 likes
Total likes: 315 likes

Post by mattyD »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:A great man. But average midfielder.
bit better than average - he's been consistently better than every central midfielder we've had for the past 10 years.
Diogenes
Has liked: 428 likes
Total likes: 1131 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Very good half and hats off to Moyes for making such a change. More importantly, Noble is a much better Captain than Reid.
Colours never run

Diogenes wrote:Very good half and hats off to Moyes for making such a change. More importantly, Noble is a much better Captain than Reid.

It really shows, it's night and day.

I'd sooner see Adrian take the armband.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1975 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

100% made a difference last night. :thup:
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

You need footballers centre midfield simple as that. Someone to dictate the pace of the game and always be available for a pass. Something Kouyate nd Obiang can't offer. He's the second name on the team sheet for me after Arnie.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Fantastic when he came on. Actually had a midfielder who could control and pass a ball.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 848 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

In the first half we simply had zero presence in the middle of the pitch. Noble filled that role in the second half and ran the show. Without that substitution we would have carried on as we where. Captain Fantastic and remains, when fit, the first name on the team sheet.
fmgod
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 148 likes

Post by fmgod »

Why is he constantly refereed to as simple, I can't stand that word to describe him, he is simple as he excels at what he does which is retain possession, make the side tick, sits when he needs to, offers an outlet, currently he is our most important player till we get someone else who can pass the ball in centre midfield. He is a average version of a Carrick, Alonso etc but it is a vital role in our side and any side really/
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

The big difference he made was in getting the ball to Lanzini in attacking areas.

During his absence Lanzini has generally had to attempt to win the ball to get any possession, or at least advance from deep in our half with a whole team to beat to get to any sort of threatening area.

It's disappointing how we have allowed ourselves to neglect the recruiting of a single defensive midfielder for two and a half years....Oh wait,there was a Norwegian bloke briefly
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1035 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Noble & Rice > obiang & Kouyate
Tarbs
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Tarbs »

Georgee Paris wrote:Noble & Rice > obiang & Kouyate
Couldn't agree more. Obiang and Kouyate offer less than a pair of training cones. They appear to be wherever the ball isn't.

Noble showed how it's done in that second half last night by doing nothing but the basics.