Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

Bamber Gascoigne
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by Bamber Gascoigne »

Great performance today Mr Noble :thup:
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

I love everything about him, eyebrows and all..I may be drunk but I still have taste
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 734 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

love the bloke. his last three performances have been up there with 2016. not sure what's happened to him in his time out.

one thing i've noticed is he seems calmer, more composed. i know for a fact he would've run through brick walls for slav and i think the pressure was effecting him, playing to keep him in a job every week.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 818 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

There's no think about it Beavis. To say that he's a confidence player is an understatement. He has been his entire career (not helped by Chocolate). He puts himself under a lot of pressure, so if there is are external pressures it tends to take his toll and I think we've seen this in terms of his form.
rciron
Has liked: 295 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

westlondonhammer wrote:He makes us tick...simple as that

With Obiang / Kouyate doing the legwork it allows him the freedom to do what he does best

His legs are still there...he just needs energy next to him

Reminds me of Parker for us right now...we need an alternative to him in tge squad, nobody does his role well enough
Lady Penelope' s butler?
rossmundo
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by rossmundo »

He looks a 100 times fitter under Moyes, well played that Boy.
rciron
Has liked: 295 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

hammers92 wrote:Anyone else find it appalling that Noble is the 4th highest scorer for West Ham in the PL? Well done to him and all but that really is an awful stat for us since the league was formed.
Why,? He is our penalty taker, not that we get awarded anywhere near what we should, if we got our quota he would be higher
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 828 likes
Total likes: 1963 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

That was a cracking finish yesterday. I love how he and the others punished the sheer stupidity of the play that preceded it.

They were on them like a rash, as soon as the keeper released it. And the ball flashed past him.

Those crossed arms in front of the faithful. :thup:

When Mark plays well, the whole team is galvanised. Was ever thus.
hammer1975
Has liked: 927 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Has been much improved lately and shown that he adds something which the rest of our midfield don’t.

As a West Ham fan I want him to play in the team for as long as possible , but i do recognise that centre midfield is still the part of the team which needs upgrading first and foremost.

Is his recent improvement due to fitness (either with Moyes being different to Bilic or finally losing s nagging injury), tactics, perception (now that we’ve seen Kouyate and Obiang together there is more appreciation of Noble)? You do also wonder if the off the field stuff and leaving the Boleyn impacts Noble more than any other player. If some of us didn’t like going to the LS maybe he didn’t like playing there - and is slowly getting used to it?
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 848 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Another commanding performance from Captain Fantastic - pushed Arnautovic all the way for MOTM. Noble remains the beating heart of our team but he can't go on forever and will be sorely missed on the pitch, we need to prepare for the future.
Denzil
Has liked: 341 likes
Total likes: 489 likes

Post by Denzil »

When Noble plays well this is my favourite thread on KUMB.

Another solid performance from our skipper capped off with a goal and crossed arms in front of the faithful. :thup:
e17
Has liked: 282 likes
Total likes: 950 likes

Post by e17 »

Motm for me yesterday. The key to almost every counterattack and best bits of possession we had.

When he’s happy and playing well, West Ham United are happy and playing well. It seems weird that for all the spells of watching Payet at his best, or Tevez and Zamora, or Lanzini and Arnie yesterday, the missing link
has always been Nobes. He remains the catalyst for EVERYTHING on that pitch like no other player.

The day he retires we are genuinely ****ed and it will be years before people see it.
dave_l
Has liked: 78 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by dave_l »

Awesome from Nobes yesterday, such a delightful finish and was a huge thorn in Huddersfield’s side all afternoon. Great to see.
hammers92 wrote:Anyone else find it appalling that Noble is the 4th highest scorer for West Ham in the PL? Well done to him and all but that really is an awful stat for us since the league was formed.
Been with us for his entire career and has been penalty taker for the vast majority of it. Most of our goalscorers have only been with us for a few seasons.
e17
Has liked: 282 likes
Total likes: 950 likes

Post by e17 »

bubbles1966 wrote:He took his goal really well. He's always been good when he gets into that kind of position. He's been massively underused in it for the majority of his career here.
Absolutely true. Always wondered if he could have been a Frank Lampard Jr* level goalscorer if he’d been pushed as that type of player

(*I meant the player, not the bloke, obviously)
goingunderground
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by goingunderground »

Absolute confidence player, especially when it comes to shooting.

Does anyone remember in the 2016 season during the sexy Payet-Nobes times when Nobes suddenly started smashing beautiful volleys from outside the box? They would've been wonder goals if wasn't for the keepers making outrageous saves. I think he had like three in as many weeks. He could've scored 10+ that season.

Yesterday's celebration was iconic. I want that stencilled on the pitch once he's retired. And for every stand to be called "The Mark Noble Stand".
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2596 likes
Total likes: 1729 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

e17 wrote:Motm for me yesterday. The key to almost every counterattack and best bits of possession we had.

has always been Nobes. He remains the catalyst for EVERYTHING on that pitch like no other player.

I agree completely , while Arnautovic and Lanzini also played their part in the goals no one covered more of the pitch than Noble - also when Bilic was in charge I was going on and on for Noble to be played further up the pitch in a free role and Moyes has given him that , well done Davie .
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Mark was a Joy to watch yesterday showing every talent he has, add to that how his heart is in West Ham, and he is spreading to other players as well, that is what Our Club has always had and been about! The word description legend is too often freely used, but Noble is showing again what he can do for the team and for the players.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6831 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I particularly loved that sliding tackle to win a 50/50 ball in the middle from Mooey which instantly set us off on the attack involving Arnautovic and Lanzini. It wasn't a tackle for the sale of it but 1 intended to win and be played into the path of Arnautovic.

He reads a game so well. He just needs better players around him on his wavelength to truly shine. It's why I've long held the belief he wouldn't look out of place in a top 6 team either.
goingunderground
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by goingunderground »

Denzil wrote:When Noble plays well this is my favourite thread on KUMB.

Another solid performance from our skipper capped off with a goal and crossed arms in front of the faithful. :thup:
Mine too! Always a grin on my face.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

I put this in the Snug, but it deserves to be here to....

Nobes grabbing Arnies arse after he scored the 1st goal :D