Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by Chrissieboy »

Mumbles87 spot on.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

nobes should be on the bench nowadays. That and a few cup games will keep him occupied.

not good enough to start now. shame but time waits for no one and hes played a lot of football over the years. He is an old 30 year old.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5555 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

mumbles87 wrote:
he is a funny player is kouyate.. at the back he is without a doubt our 2nd best defender (reid being the best) he is a man mountain .. stays back where needed.. breaks up play

ask him to do the same in midfield? pfft like asking your dog not to eat an open pack of chicken off the floor....
Seems he wants to play box to box when in midfield but lacks the end product to be truly effective in that role.

As for Noble, he is a good player to have around the squad and is capable of some good performances when called upon but I don't think he fits in our best line up or how we need to play to get the best out of the team.
mattyD
Has liked: 268 likes
Total likes: 316 likes

Post by mattyD »

If he was fit he would be playing, without doubt. Today especially.
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

^^^^^ are you sure, what has Noble done this season that makes him an automatic selection? I thought the adage don't alter a winning team made sense. Pointless changing a side to slow it down in midfield and be playing 10 v 11 as Noble can't be a box to box player he is miles to slow.
steveherts66

Post by steveherts66 »

mattyD wrote:If he was fit he would be playing, without doubt. Today especially.
"Would" is quite possibly true but the question is "should he" His injury may have come at a perfect time.
ballantine
Has liked: 1254 likes
Total likes: 229 likes

Post by ballantine »

We missed him today. In the current formation, i'd play him and Lanzini in the middle.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

steveherts66 wrote:
"Would" is quite possibly true but the question is "should he" His injury may have come at a perfect time.

It is if you don't want us bypassing the midfield most of the time by launching it into the stratosphere, or more sideways and backwards football to make your stomach churn. As far as our passing game is concerned, he's sorely missed in the middle of the park.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Noble could play a Pirlo role in some games. I still think he's good for 20-25 starts a season, in all competitions, he's a bit like our Leon Osman.
steveherts66

Post by steveherts66 »

Lanzini will take care of that
Exiledin cardiff

stevehert66 you say you'd play Noble and Lanzini who are you going to drop? Obiang our most disciplined DM, Kouyate not the best passer but runs all game, unless you want to drop Antonio just where does Noble fit in Lanzini can cover Kouyates position, but can Noble cover Obiangs? just where does Noble fit in now?
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Jumby wrote:Noble could play a Pirlo role in some games. I still think he's good for 20-25 starts a season, in all competitions, he's a bit like our Leon Osman.
I'm gonna show my ignorance here, but what is a Pirlo?
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

A beautiful man and a deep lying playmaker, I think he could play that role in some games and it doesn't require legs, the ball does the work.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I'm not his greatest fan, never have been, but I would put him in against Tottenham. He always plays well against them and I think being a local boy, he recognises this is always a sort of grudge match for us, so will give of his all to the cause
mattyD
Has liked: 268 likes
Total likes: 316 likes

Post by mattyD »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:^^^^^ are you sure, what has Noble done this season that makes him an automatic selection?

Passed the ball.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

Puff Daddy wrote:I'm not his greatest fan, never have been, but I would put him in against Tottenham. He always plays well against them and I think being a local boy, he recognises this is always a sort of grudge match for us, so will give of his all to the cause
just gutted about it being a lunchtime kickoff. usually confident against spurs but that really puts a lid on any potential hint of intimidation we can conjure out of the athletics bowl.

if spurs could've asked for any away game all season to be a saturday lunchtime kick off, that would've been it.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Exiledin cardiff wrote:stevehert66 you say you'd play Noble and Lanzini who are you going to drop? Obiang our most disciplined DM, Kouyate not the best passer but runs all game, unless you want to drop Antonio just where does Noble fit in Lanzini can cover Kouyates position, but can Noble cover Obiangs? just where does Noble fit in now?

All day long. He sticks out like a sore thumb in midfield when it comes to passing. If running all day long is his best asset, he should have become a long distance runner. In central defence I don't mind him but he's just not a consistent enough footballer in the middle of the park.
Colours never run

Exiledin cardiff wrote:^^^^^ are you sure, what has Noble done this season that makes him an automatic selection? I thought the adage don't alter a winning team made sense. Pointless changing a side to slow it down in midfield and be playing 10 v 11 as Noble can't be a box to box player he is miles to slow.

He was one of our better players before his injury when on the pitch.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Jumby wrote: A deep lying playmaker, I think he could play that role in some games
Some, but not against any of the top sides.

Could of done with a bit of his craft today mind you.
Exiledin cardiff

CNR

Excuse my ignorance but didn't we lose all those games, where as with him missing 1 win and 1 draw,

Kouyates athleticism means he can cover a lot more ground and can tackle.