Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by Billydinho »

Just so I'm clear, are the people saying Noble's past it the ones who were defending Kevin Nolan's weekly selection?
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

Mark Noble - West Ham Legend... Yes... Regardless of what happens when my kids get older I will be taking about Mark Noble to them, i'm far from ashamed to call him a legend. Anyone who's gone through what he has at a club with relegations, change or owners, European football, an FA cup final, A stadium move, 6/7 different managers. Never once even thought about leaving for money has seen players come and go and never has a story been published about him chasing more money etc.

He deserves a lot more than some of our fans give him. He is currently playing in arguable the most under performing team in the league and is being scapegoated something chronic.

He has lots to give us fans on and off the pitch and hurts as much as we do when we lose, a lot is to be said for that.

Mark Noble in my opinion you have more than earned the right for a Legend status. :crest:
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

StackerJJ wrote:Mark Noble - West Ham Legend... Yes... Regardless of what happens when my kids get older I will be taking about Mark Noble to them, i'm far from ashamed to call him a legend.

He deserves a lot more than some of our fans give him. He is currently playing in arguable the most under performing team in the league and is being scapegoated something chronic.

He has lots to give us fans on and off the pitch and hurts as much as we do when we lose, a lot is to be said for that.

Mark Noble in my opinion you have more than earned the right for a Legend status. :crest:
Often wonder if some of our fans these days feel the real Roots of West Ham and what it truly means in the heart, English football these days bring in so many import players, they come, they go play for other clubs, but the likes of Bobby Moore, Martin Peters, Geoff Hurst and Mark Noble feel the roots, those days at The Boleyn, walking down Green Street, The move has taken away some of our roots, but those loyal local lads will always be special, that is how football started.
Ladzini

Post by Ladzini »

Whatever people may think of his current form and overall ability, it is hard to shake the feeling that once he hangs up his boots, West Ham United, of the Boleyn, of the East End; the Academy of Football, will officially be gone.

Bilic as a manager had the air of someone who belonged at the Boleyn too, and like Noble, have looked a fish out of water ever since we left.

The badge, the ground, the local lads who know what it means, it's all going to be gone.

Don't worry though, West Ham London, playing in front of the biggest digital screens in Europe with 11 overpaid mercenaries will be challenging for the playoff spots in the Championship.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

As bad as he's been, compared to how good he can be, he's still better than Jack f**king Cork.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 771 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

Ladzini wrote:Whatever people may think of his current form and overall ability, it is hard to shake the feeling that once he hangs up his boots, West Ham United, of the Boleyn, of the East End; the Academy of Football, will officially be gone.

Bilic as a manager had the air of someone who belonged at the Boleyn too, and like Noble, have looked a fish out of water ever since we left.

The badge, the ground, the local lads who know what it means, it's all going to be gone.

Don't worry though, West Ham London, playing in front of the biggest digital screens in Europe with 11 overpaid mercenaries will be challenging for the playoff spots in the Championship.
both bang on and completely depressing.

modern WHU is the modern remake of a genre classic. clash of the titans or something. sully is like a producer who thought ray harryhausen's claymation special effects looked naff and old fashioned, and that you can do much better with computers.

a complete lack of tact and understanding of what people loved about the original, combined with a budget that means the remake looks worse than the average playstation 1 game.
Last edited by Beavis Danzig on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

Beavis Danzig wrote: both bang on and completely depressing.

modern WHU is the modern remake of a genre classic. clash of the titans or something. sully is like a producer who thought ray harryhausen's claymation special effects looked naff and old fashioned, and that you can do much better with computers.

a complete lack of tact and understanding, combined with a budget that means the remake looks worse than the average playstation 1 game.
Bit harsh on the unproven but high potentials of players like Declan Rice, Reece Oxford and Reece Burke.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Why I'd love us to sign Jack Wilshere and Jojo Shelvey
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

I get the point, but is that argument slightly linked to the amount of english playing professionals we have in the PL too?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I know he's only got little legs, but so have Leroy Sane, Sergio Aguerro, Alexis Sanchez, Sadio Mane and loads of other short legged little c**** I could mention, so why is it, he can't run very fast ?
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1169 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Totally bizarre ain't it Puff. You'd expect everyone with short legs to be able to run really fast because a few can. Same as guys with longer legs as well, why can't they run as fast as their equivalently sized faster peers?

Almost seems like it's a natural physical trait they have no particular control over.
ludo22
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 133 likes

Post by ludo22 »

fjthegrey wrote:Totally bizarre ain't it Puff. You'd expect everyone with short legs to be able to run really fast because a few can. Same as guys with longer legs as well, why can't they run as fast as their equivalently sized faster peers?

Almost seems like it's a natural physical trait they have no particular control over.
Yeah.I'm the same height as Malcolm Marshall.How come I'm not a blisteringly dangerous fast bowler?
e17
Has liked: 282 likes
Total likes: 956 likes

Post by e17 »

I have a head and Usain Bolt also has a head and yet I get a stitch from running for the bus
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 804 likes
Total likes: 3018 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Still the first name on my team sheet.

True love lasts a life time .

And I love the fact hes done the rainbow laces thing . Proper leader .
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

the pink palermo wrote:Still the first name on my team sheet.

True love lasts a life time .

And I love the fact hes done the rainbow laces thing . Proper leader .
Never all about himself, like One! or two team mates!
szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by szola »

No other player in the Premier League has played for longer at his current club, than our Captain.

Take a bow
:crest:
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Seems quite ironic that he tells new players to West Ham that if you don't give a 100% for West Ham, the fans will make their displeasure known.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

I know he is burned out and probably not going to get back to where he was but I really thought it was a great gesture from him when Sakho was coming on in the last game the way he hugged him to encourage him, a sign of a great captain. :crest:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2014 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

szola wrote:No other player in the Premier League has played for longer at his current club, than our Captain.

Take a bow
:crest:
Massive respect to him for that- but he's done. If we go down, he'll be the sort of player to help get us back. If we stay up, then he needs to be moved on.
trevshead10may1980

Post by trevshead10may1980 »

if we had a few more players with Noble's attitude then we wouldn't be in this mess.