Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by S-H »

Upton Carp
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Upton Carp »

The Renaissance Man

Top article, TT. :thup:
Last edited by Upton Carp on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Upton Carp wrote:Mark Noble: the renaissance man

Top article, TT. :thup:

(Sorry but I cannot post a live link. No idea why!)

UC

Stick the url (web address) so that it reads Mark Noble: the renaissance man
BubbleBoy

Post by BubbleBoy »

I'd love Nobes to be our manager one day.
Upton Carp

Post by Upton Carp »

I tried P.M., but still no joy. Thanks for trying. My ancient grey matter doesn't 'get' this modern codes 'n' stuff!
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Upton Carp wrote:I tried P.M., but still no joy. Thanks for trying. My ancient grey matter doesn't 'get' this modern codes 'n' stuff!
So, this is what you posted: urlhttp://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=4093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/url]

To sort it,

square bracket in front of the url: [url

equal sign after that [url=

web address thereafter

your own comment, showing underlined [url=http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=4093]the renaissance man

lastly, square it off with second set of brackets:

the renaissance man
BighammerAdrian

Post by BighammerAdrian »

Well in the last three years he has been one of the main drivers behind an amazing last season at the Boylen , got us through a very difficult first season at the LS and Payet leaving. To me he is WHU right now and imo is a legend
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 112 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Noble is a credit to the Academy. Is there anybody finer in the last 20 years? Might even go further back!
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

The form of his life undoubtedly for me was the Boleyn season. He was absolutely bang on it.

As for this season, alth9ugh I don't think it's by any means his best, I do stand by saying he's actually been playing well consistently even under Bilic (not every game). For instance the drubbing first game of the season at old trafford didnt do him justice because he was doing everything asked of him and some whilst on the pitch, yet becwuse so many others had an off day he gets lumbered in with the rest and his performance glossed over. Not that it was the only game he personally did well in this season.

HotY candidates so far for me are between;

Adrian
Noble
Arnautovic

At the moment I'd just go for Adrian
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

If Noble stays in the team and we finish seventh, and don't call me crazy, I reckon he's a dark horse for Russia, central midfield isn't looking too clever for England.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Jumby wrote:If Noble stays in the team and we finish seventh, and don't call me crazy, I reckon he's a dark horse for Russia, central midfield isn't looking too clever for England.

The briefest of thoughts also crossed my mind.

1 reason why I think it could happen, is he wasn't expected to get called up and do so well for the U21s and ended up being Captain and impressing and if Southgate sees what we see (as long as he keeps it up) then Southgate might be tempted as a dark horse selection. I've also got a feeling both Pearce would make it clear to Southgate that he's worth taking a serious look at and expect him at some to champion him again soon knowing all too well what he's capable of and that Pearce and Southgate go way back together with England involving the Pizza Hut days. Maybe they'll even share their thoughts over a slice or two again..

But Noble does need to keep it up and some injuries to key players to happen to get to that point.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Noble is vital to us at the moment but he is another who has also been benefited by the arrival of Moyes and in particular the system Moyes is playing.

Noble is not blessed with pace (indeed whilst he still runs forever if anything to me he still looks slower than a couple of years back) so in the Bilic 4-2-3-1 he really had to be one of the two his lack of pace meant he was being exposed especially if he pressed too far forward in support of the attack. The 3-4-3 means that Noble, has cover behind when he gets caught out. As was shown against WBA and Shrewsbury the whole team plays better in the 3-4-3 when he is in it as he is the link between the two lines. He is our only current central midfielder with that range/consistency of passing.

As for an England call up, that I very much doubt especially if Wilshere and Drinkwater get game time as I suspect both are ahead of him in the midfield passer role. If England play 4 across the back I fear that Noble would be exposed for pace as well.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

I think Jumby and CNR have been at the crack pipe. :)
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 367 likes
Total likes: 815 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Even at his peak, Mark Noble was never quite international level.

However for this club, he has been a key player, a leader and will be a legend when he hangs his boots up.
Upton Carp

Post by Upton Carp »

It worked! Many thank P.M. :thup:
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Bend it like Repka wrote:Even at his peak, Mark Noble was never quite international level.

However for this club, he has been a key player, a leader and will be a legend when he hangs his boots up.
Arguably Bonzo was international level, but the result was similar.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Nobes is only 4 pens behind equating Julian Dicks on 34 to become our 2nd highest penalty taker as no one will beat Ray Stewart (76)

Another 2 goals to take him to 51 and he'll be equal 30th with DiCanio in our all time highest goal scorers

Look forward to seeing him doing it :scarfer:

I used to love Billy Bonds and Mark Noble is as near as we've got or will have in modern day football
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

I don't for a second think Noble should or will get in the England squad however he is absolutely perfect for the way Southgate should be looking to set the team up. His central midfielders need to be positionally disciplined and good at looking after possession as opposed to athletes like Henderson that will just run all over the place. That would allow the team to set up defensively and use the pace from the full backs, Sterling and Rashford to counter.
Colours never run

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote:I don't for a second think Noble should or will get in the England squad however he is absolutely perfect for the way Southgate should be looking to set the team up. His central midfielders need to be positionally disciplined and good at looking after possession as opposed to athletes like Henderson that will just run all over the place. That would allow the team to set up defensively and use the pace from the full backs, Sterling and Rashford to counter.

:?

Surely you do think he should be then? I agree with the rest.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Jack Cork, Jake Livermore and Jon Jonjo Shelvey are said to be in with a chance, if Noble stays in the team, stays on form and we finish seventh he'd be worth a shout. Livermore is as average as they come, plays in a s**t team and gets a go, Noble would be more than deserving of the chance if he has a great second half of the season. The World Cup is six games or so, over a five week period. I don't give a f**k who could be good in the future, you pick the best players, the best in form players, at present. England have f**ked around in the past picking youth over possibly the better option because there's this fantasy that it will lead to success in the future. Walcott ahead of Defoe in 2006, Rooney and Owen get injured, that worked out well.