Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by Colours never run »

brooking1966 wrote:CNR you should give Masuaku some respect because he offers way more than your precious MN.

Is this a joke?
I think so! :lol:

I can't, I just can't...
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Who the what now?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

So I've figured out who may play alongside Rice in a 4231, should we go down that route and it's Noble. Hear me out mother ****ers...

To play this role, you need someone who isn't just going to be another DM who's primary aim is to protect the defence, you want someone who can also develop play from deep and set moves off. Noble does that better than most within the squad and a fair few other teams in the League also. The difference now being, I wouldn't ask Noble to go into the final third unless on very rare occasions. In recent times he's often found himself further forward in a 3 man Midfield which I don't mind, however when considering giving this formation a good go, so others more talented and with a lot more energy and pace in the final third can express themselves more. It'll also mean less work for Noble to get through, where he's often done too much for our cause covering the entire pitch.

Now he's in the the twilight of his career, I'd say to him, you sit alongside Rice, help out where you can defensively and as soon as you get the ball, send others on their way and don't go chasing after the play once you have. Noble too will have to accept he'll have to take less on with his little old legs and by doing so will mean he benefits from conserving himself. He's responsible, disciplined and can still lead the team well from that position on the pitch without feeling like he must hare about everything. He can let the likes of Fornals, Lanzini, Wilshere etc do that for him. Some will pipe up he'll be a liability patrolling the defence more but I think that's overstating it when he used to do it for Curbishley back in the day. For the most part, he was good at the role bar the odd rash challenge he did make. Now, he's a lot more mature and settled as Captain so I'm sure that would make a difference too. If people really want someone to play regularly alongside Rice in that formation, I'm convinced we already have that man for this season who can actually play a bit on the ball.

Go on Brooking, what do ya think, shall we give it a go.... :lol:
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Colours never run wrote:So I've figured out who may play alongside Rice in a 4231, should we go down that route and it's Noble. Hear me out mother ****ers...

To play this role, you need someone who isn't just going to be another DM who's primary aim is to protect the defence, you want someone who can also develop play from deep and set moves off. Noble does that better than most within the squad and a fair few other teams in the League also. The difference now being, I wouldn't ask Noble to go into the final third unless on very rare occasions. In recent times he's often found himself further forward in a 3 man Midfield which I don't mind, however when considering giving this formation a good go, so others more talented and with a lot more energy and pace in the final third can express themselves more. It'll also mean less work for Noble to get through, where he's often done too much for our cause covering the entire pitch.

Now he's in the the twilight of his career, I'd say to him, you sit alongside Rice, help out where you can defensively and as soon as you get the ball, send others on their way and don't go chasing after the play once you have. Noble too will have to accept he'll have to take less on with his little old legs and by doing so will mean he benefits from conserving himself. He's responsible, disciplined and can still lead the team well from that position on the pitch without feeling like he must hare about everything. He can let the likes of Fornals, Lanzini, Wilshere etc do that for him. Some will pipe up he'll be a liability patrolling the defence more but I think that's overstating it when he used to do it for Curbishley back in the day. For the most part, he was good at the role bar the odd rash challenge he did make. Now, he's a lot more mature and settled as Captain so I'm sure that would make a difference too. If people really want someone to play regularly alongside Rice in that formation, I'm convinced we already have that man for this season who can actually play a bit on the ball.

Go on Brooking, what do ya think, shall we give it a go.... :lol:
Are you me in a parallel universe?
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1151 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

I disagree CNR, while I see your point I feel other teams run past him far too easily and even you have to admit tackling isn't his strong point. I'd feel a lot happier with a more mobile and stronger player in that position, I don't even thin they have to be a great ball player as we have plenty of those in the more advanced positions.
Awooga_Iron
Has liked: 81 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Awooga_Iron »

What CNR describes was basically Pirlo's game. Nobody criticised him for needing De Rossi or Gattuso alongside him. And Pirlo played deep.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Awooga_Iron wrote:What CNR describes was basically Pirlo's game. Nobody criticised him for needing De Rossi or Gattuso alongside him. And Pirlo played deep.
Noble is NOTHING like Pirlo...

plus the game's moved on since then.........and Pirlo wasn't a dime a dozen player either........
Awooga_Iron

Post by Awooga_Iron »

Awooga_Iron wrote:What CNR describes was basically Pirlo's game. Nobody criticised him for needing De Rossi or Gattuso alongside him. And Pirlo played deep.
Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Noble is NOTHING like Pirlo....
Yeah he is.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pirlo - 284 games for AC Milan - 2 Serie A titles & 2 CL titles
------- 119 games for Juventus - 4 Serie A titles
--------116 caps for Italy - 1 WC winner

so, yes you're correct, Noble is VERY much like Andrea Pirlo
SiO
Has liked: 538 likes
Total likes: 293 likes

Post by SiO »

Agree Awooga
Noble is a great passed of the ball... Better with energetic players around him... Maybe C A would prefera longer haircut and Alardici name?
SiO

Post by SiO »

Did Awooga say they were the same person?
Awooga_Iron

Post by Awooga_Iron »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:Noble is VERY much like Andrea Pirlo
Agreed :thup:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

I never said he was shyte...just that he's nowhere near as good as Pirlo (very few are) but to compare the two is asinine...

why put words into my mouth ?

:?
norse
Has liked: 374 likes
Total likes: 830 likes

Post by norse »

Canning Town Pirlo :scarfer:
Last edited by norse on Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awooga_Iron

Post by Awooga_Iron »

Noble could've done a job for Milan alongside Gattuso.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:Noble is VERY much like Andrea Pirlo
Awooga_Iron wrote:
Agreed :thup:
selective quoting and you very obviously missed the hint of sarcasm...
Awooga_Iron

Post by Awooga_Iron »

The great thing about forums is all our opinions are equally valid. Cockney Pirlo is right.
Awooga_Iron

Post by Awooga_Iron »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:
selective quoting and you very obviously missed the hint of sarcasm...
Ah reading back I can see what you were getting at. Facetiousness is often lost in print. Noble is similar to Pirlo though
SiO

Post by SiO »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:I never said he was shyte...just that he's nowhere near as good as Pirlo (very few are) but to compare the two is asinine...

why put words into my mouth ?

:?
How would you describe Diagana? Oh he's a Sterling type... Don't be ridiculous, he's not as good...
No
He's a similar player.
E
Sample taken from Hertha thread about Diagana being like Sterling
Awooga_Iron

Post by Awooga_Iron »

SiO wrote: How would you describe Diagana? Oh he's a Sterling type... Don't be ridiculous, he's not as good...
No
He's a similar player.
E
Sample taken from Hertha thread about Diagana being like Sterling
QED as they used to say on Panorama