Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: Rio, Gnome, chalks, -DL-, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Postby Smonnie on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:53 pm

It's fantastic watching him come deep to show for the ball for the centre halves, and then carry the ball forward or pick a pass out to the wide areas.

A truly deep-lying playmaker. A true captain. A true club legend.
Smonnie

Postby The Moth on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:55 pm

He was superb today, love watching him have some proper players to link up with. Long may it continue :crest:
The Moth

Postby Georgee Paris on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:58 pm

He’s like Billy Bonds really.
Georgee Paris

Postby goingunderground on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:03 pm

My love continues to grow. Always a crucial component of a good win.
goingunderground

Postby Whufc06 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:13 pm

Love the way he keeps shoving it down the doubters throats. Keep it up Nobes :crest:
Whufc06

Postby Doc H Ball on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:20 pm

He’s been written off more times than a Greek tax return.

Loved how he wound up their 31 by the corner flag.
Doc H Ball

Postby Swindon Iron on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:21 pm

Was excellent today great captains performance and I think he’s going to enjoy playing with Nasri
Swindon Iron

Postby leyton Hammer on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:22 pm

Mark has won me over again! Doubted him at the beginning of the season, plus was pissed off with his reaction around Burnley at home last season. I went to Everton away and he started that game abysmally but grew into that match, helping us to win and has preformed well since, He was very good today. I think he has had a lot of unwarranted stick from us (myself included) but im glad he is West Ham and will miss him when he retires
leyton Hammer

Postby Gsbgsb on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:22 pm

Today he was the link required, he and Rice are so much better than either he and Obiang or Rice and Obiang as they compliment each other so well. This season for me has generally been a return to form closer to that of the last season at the Boleyn rather than the last couple of years.

He is getting no younger however and I suspect is less able to play 2 games a week. He has in essence come off a weeks rest. He deserves his deal and is an excellent option to have but in my view if we can get a younger, quicker player who can do the same role overall we will be stronger.

Looking forward to next year Rice, Sanchez, Noble, Nasri ( if he continues to perform and we can structure a suitable deal as he has been excellent so far), Anderson, Yarmolenko, Lanzini, Snodgrass, Wilshere, Diangana especially were there to be a couple of quality additions is an excellent set of midfield and attacking midfield options.
Gsbgsb

Postby Pop Robson on Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:07 am

Old no legs doing good again, the way he plays now, he can go on like Sheringham did and play past 40

Left foot needs work :scarfer:
Pop Robson

Postby Morocco Mole on Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:16 am

Emery didn’t do his homework. Generally speaking if you want to stop West Ham you stop Noble. Give him time and space he will boss a game. Against anyone. Personality and passing technique in unison.

It’s no coincidence he tends to thrive against the better teams that come to play and don’t think they have to really worry about him. ‘He’s slow and small and only passs sideways and backwards.’ Yeah OK...

On the flip side it’s a big part of why he and we often struggle against the mid table also rans. They get it. Jump on Noble and you stop West Ham. See Burnley. Joey Barton even said it....’Noble is so important to West Ham but we knew if we stopped him they’d fold’.

Like I’ve always said if he had another yard of pace and an inch or two more height he’d have 50 caps. As it is at 30 years old he’s sill good enough to teach Arsenal, Manure and Chelsea a lesson.

Old school proper footballer on half of Arnie’s bunce. Marinate on that for a minute....
Morocco Mole

Postby bowltorious on Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:19 am

Mark Noble shutting all the idiot West Ham fans up again.......shock.
bowltorious

Postby Patito on Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:22 am

Morocco Mole I think you’ve sussed it :thup:
Patito

Postby Beedub on Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:07 am

Such a better player when he doesn’t earn himself a stupid yellow inside the first 15 minutes of the game.
Beedub

Postby Clucking Bell on Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:57 am

I think you've nailed it Moley. The top teams don't think he's worth stopping and the bottom teams can't stop him. However, to use a (American) football analogy, he's still our quarterback and teams with fairly smart managers, Howe, Hughton, Dyche etc. know how to shut us down.

To be fair though, I think that both Snodgrass and Nasri could fit into the same role pretty well and against those teams that pack the midfield, you really need Rice and Obiang and Noble in the middle and forgo one of the creative options.
Clucking Bell

Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!

Postby Colours never run on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:25 am

Smonnie wrote:It's fantastic watching him come deep

:shock:
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby rottiel on Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:44 am

Another good game for the skipper
rottiel

Postby hammerman11 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:50 am

nobes played well. we looked balanced and had strength down the left side with a new cresswell and Anderson getting stuck in. means nobes doesn't have to get over that side to cover so much.

WELL PLAYED SKIPPER. WE HAVE ALL SLAGGED HIM OFF FOR POOR PERFORMANCES SO CREDIT WHEN CREDIT DUE
hammerman11

Postby jaybs on Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:09 am

Mark was superb yesterday! his positioning was good, he seems such a strong influence on players like Declan Rice, Our Manager seems to be really getting the best out of him.
jaybs

Postby Penfold711 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:21 am

For someone whose legs have 'gone', he doesn't half cover some distance on the pitch. I think we do look better organised with him playing than not.
Last edited by Penfold711 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Penfold711

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion