Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Postby Boom Kid on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:55 pm

[quote="HarlowEssexHammer"]Excellent cameo from the captain last night, helped drag a very tired looking team to an unlikely point in his 30 minutes. Antonio deserves praise as well for his contribution after coming on at the same time

THIS :thup:
Boom Kid

Postby simon1982 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:08 pm

k-r-c wrote:He came on and we got two quick goals and then Brighton sat back and the game suited him perfectly.

He was **** against Burnley but much better yesterday, subs got us back in it.

However he still shouldn't be a starter its just our lack of options there that means he starts.

He should always start at home when it’s up to us to attack. The best passer at the club.
simon1982

Postby Pop Robson on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:30 pm

thejackhammer wrote:
We drew last night D

Hmmm good point, :lol:

it still felt like a win a day later

Bang goes the supersub tag !!
Pop Robson

Postby Jumby on Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:33 am

I saw some footage of him giving his shirt to a fan after the game last night and the kid was so happy, like all their Christmas's had rolled onto one, and then they hugged their dad, and that's when I cried :lol: F**king beautiful moment and exactly the reason why I fell in love with football, and West Ham, as a young boy. Sitting in the stand in 1993, away from home at Carrow Road, and the players coming over to the fans and clapping before the game, that feeling will never leave me, we're much more than a football team.
Jumby

Postby Robbie on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:46 pm

In light of todays rumours I think I can conceed that Mark will be the last ever of a certain breed of player with a full on loyalty.
There won't be another of this ilk ever again.
Robbie

Postby Whufc06 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:48 pm

Robbie wrote:In light of todays rumours I think I can conceed that Mark will be the last ever of a certain breed of player with a full on loyalty.

And still people dig him out weekly :asleep:
Whufc06

Postby Georgee Paris on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:48 pm

Give him Arnies wages and play him up front
Georgee Paris

Postby the bubble hammer on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:13 pm

Robbie wrote:In light of todays rumours I think I can conceed that Mark will be the last ever of a certain breed of player with a full on loyalty.

I 100% agree with you but he does have an added incentive to stay and that's playing for his hometown club and the one he and his family grew up supporting, whilst still earning a fair wedge. Interestingly, we call him a loyal servant yet most other people these days would probably call him unambitious.
Me, I hope he sticks around the club a long time after he hangs his boots up and eventually ends up being that rare breed now of being a hammers manager from within the club.
the bubble hammer

Postby Diogenes on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:17 pm

To be fair to him, I find it difficult understand some peoples criticism. That he has added to West Ham's legacy I feel is indisputable. I cannot question his loyalty, desire or general ability. Yes of course he has always lacked some attributes (mainly pace) that would make a player 'international' or 'world class'. However, that is to potentially ignore his strengths and ability which I would list as technical, awareness, passing, tenacity, leadership and loyalty. I think now, at his age, he has a Manager that will use him for his strengths, when appropriate, be that all season or part. And, I believe, Mark knows and appreciates that.
Diogenes

Postby Vic_Watson on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:36 pm

Diogenes wrote:Yes of course he has always lacked some attributes (mainly pace) that would make a player 'international' or 'world class'.

Had he been born Italian, he'd be Pirlo II.
Vic_Watson

Postby fjthegrey on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:38 pm

He wouldn't.

He'd be considered in the same way Luca Cigarini is in Italy.
fjthegrey

Postby il_martello_di_genovesi on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:41 pm

I would probably upgrade him to an Angelo Palombo tbh.
il_martello_di_genovesi

Postby fjthegrey on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:08 am

Too many international appearances.
fjthegrey

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:12 am

did anyone ever call Sir Trev unambitious ??

or Sir Billy ??

Frank Sr. ?????????????

those days are gone and we won't see the like of Mark Noble ever again I fear......

at any club really not just ours..I bet there are loads of clubs who just love it when one of their own really come through....

Will Kane see out his career at Spurs ? Wilshere and Ramsey are gone ?? most of the Chelsea kids....

a couple at ManU and the Bin Dippers...but will they a) continue to make the first XI b) stay there until their careers are over ??

no more Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, Nevilles etc...no more Carragher or Stevie Me..

shame really (I am sure there are others) but that the way of professional sports of any degree....

it is what it is.......(but not what it seems - courtesy of KF in 'ouston)

8-)
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby Colours never run on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:26 pm

Another excellent Captain's performance today leading the Team to victory. Looked at ease and in control the entire game.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby S-H on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:27 pm

Colours never run wrote:Another excellent Captain's performance today leading the Team to victory. Looked at ease and in control the entire game.

:thup:
S-H

Postby prophet:marginal on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:31 pm

Noble loves a derby. Like Long Lost Lanzini, always seems to show up for them.
prophet:marginal

Postby johnnyb on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:31 pm

Last week's rest obviously refreshed him. Looked full of energy today. Good management from Pellegrini.
johnnyb

Postby fmgod on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:35 pm

Noble today being the absolute midfield pivot he is, probably went under the radar as everyone was so good

Most passes by any West Ham player and 87% pass rate

I'll say it time and time again, some times he gets over run by when he gets the ball, if you don't understand what he does, you don't get football
fmgod

Postby Colours never run on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:49 pm

He's so clever on the ball and in certain situations. The amount of times he makes sure he wins a free kick to relieve pressure and take the heat out of the game..

We laughed our b*llocks off in the BML when he was playing with the ball lying on the deck shielding it from the Arsenal defenders struggling to kick it away from him resulting in a timely free kick in their corner. :lol: He knows exactly what he's doing and you can almost see the West Ham cogs turning in his head as if it were any of us out there trying to play it smart getting the ref on our side.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion