Transfer Window: Summer 2014

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Re: The summer 2014 Transfer thread and wish list

Post by Aceface »

Yea Why Not wrote: I would however happily take all three as they'd all improve our starting 11 imo
What worries me about Sunderland is there are at least half a dozen players who in theory I'd be happy to see here - Colback, Johnson, Bardsley, Fletcher, Giaccherini and (Liverpool-loaned) Borini - and a couple of others who are decent but I'm less keen on in Ki and Cattermole, and they're dead last. Character is important - the Avram season taught us that.
Aceface

Post by Aceface »

bubbles1966 wrote:Morrison has 12 months left on his contract, Ace.
That's a pity. Thought I'd figured out a way to earn us £30m. Easy that kind of lark when you just have to type it on a screen the second it comes into your nut
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Grimaldo is a superb looking young left back, currently playing for Barcelona B, we could try and get him on loan, with a view to a permanent deal. Word on the street is that Barca want him long term, but with Jordi Alba to compete with he might think he's better elsewhere.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

I've watched Cattermole a few times and I think there's a talented footballer in there somewhere.

I'd say with a bit of good coaching he could replace Diame as our box-to-box player.

[Looks for tin helmet]
Aceface

Post by Aceface »

Cattermole's not a bad player, but one area we're very well stocked in is non-scoring midfielders who can't pass.

If the Jay Jay Okacha-isation of West Ham that keeps being promised is just around the corner, we need to start by adding a few players who can keep the football better than we currently do. Without that, it's impossible that we'll ever play differently than we have this season.
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

brilliant made me laugh !
Mark32

Post by Mark32 »

Romao is a target for West Ham as Allardyce wants Marseille man in his midfield

West Ham are chasing Marseille midfielder Alaixys Romao as Sam Allardyce continues with his preparations for next season.

The Togo international has been a regular for Jose Anigo’s side this season and his performances have alerted the Hammers.

Sportsmail understands a West Ham representative travelled to Montpellier last Friday to watch the 30-year-old play in Marseille’s 3-2 win.

And the Upton Park club will continue to keep tabs on Romao between now and the end of the season before making a final decision on a potential swoop.

Everton and Newcastle are also keeping tabs on the tough-tacking defensive midfielder.

Romao played in both Champions League clashes against Arsenal earlier in the season, and has made 38 appearances for Marseille this season.

He still has two years left on his existing deal at the Stade Velodrome, but it is understood he would consider a move to the Barclays Premier League.

West Ham’s central midfield has been settled this year, with Mark Noble, Kevin Nolan and Momo Diame taking up the three slots.

But Allardyce wants to add serious competition to his midfield ranks and views Romao as potentially the man to do that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... t-Ham.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
chickawah

Post by chickawah »

Hope he's better than Alou Diarra.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Never heard of him personally. Sounds like an improvement on what we have but his age (30) puts me off.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

The Daily Mail wrote: West Ham’s central midfield has been settled this year, with Mark Noble, Kevin Nolan and Momo Diame taking up the three slots.
Is that so, eh?
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

I'd be happy with the following pickings if their clubs get relegated.

Bony
Johnson
Vorm
Bardsley
Michu
Caulker
Sinclair
Morrison
Olsson
Berahino
Redmond
Snodgrass
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Marc Wilson on a Bosman from Stoke please.

The fella has played 29 times for them this season, a 6' 2" CB and DM, and he's been excellent in both games against us.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

I'd imagine they'll want to keep but a good shout nonetheless..... :thup:
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

http://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/nieuws/380 ... lein-.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; we had scouts watching feyenoord beat psv in eindhoven for this little midfielder; tony vilhena. left footed, central midfield player..but we face stiff competion; arsenal, bayer leverkusen, ajax etc.
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

bubbles1966 wrote:Marc Wilson on a Bosman from Stoke please.

The fella has played 29 times for them this season, a 6' 2" CB and DM, and he's been excellent in both games against us.
We put a couple of bids in him the summer that Avram was in charge after he had managed him at Pompey and been impressed.

He turned us down then for Stoke and to be honest if we want to push on next season we need to be looking at better players than Wilson.
Aceface

Post by Aceface »

Another reason Adam Johnson is worth at least a look this summer is his free-kicks. Just watching the City v Mackems game and he's whipped in exactly the type of ball Carroll was crying out for last night
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Roby wrote: to be honest if we want to push on next season we need to be looking at better players than Wilson.
I know what you mean and take your point but part of pushing on will also involve building a more resilient and rounded squad in addition to upgrading 3 or 4 first team positions. The 4th CB and lack of a decent DM option have been problems most of this season.

A player that is competent in both represents a substantial upgrade on Diarra, and offers better squad versatility than Roger, though for all that, he might not be on a Bosman - transfermkt contract info wrong possibly :)

We'll need 2-4 loans/Bosmans for squad strengthening in addition to 3-4 fee based first teamers.
Hammer83
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

Martin Harnik please he would be my first choice for the right forward postion he's 6'1' decent in the air and has a good goal return also 53 in 156 for his current club.
sosc67

Post by sosc67 »

And Sam is after this player and why is he??

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/72296/ ... iaccherini" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

sosc67 wrote:And Sam is after this player and why is he??

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/72296/ ... iaccherini" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Has Allardyce said he wants him? Or are you believing what a paper has told you?