Arsenal 3-1 West Ham Utd (15/04/14)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Le Rascal de Boleyn
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Re: Arsenal V West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Le Rascal de Boleyn »

Came in this morning to see one of the final updates on the BBC live feed I'd been monitoring yesterday was an anonymous Hammer saying last night was one of the worst performances in his 70 odd years.

Was it that bad or just the usual knicker wetters giving the media dumb soundbites?

Seemed like we gave it a go but were eventually overcome by a superior team....
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 340 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Knicker wetter.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

We outplayed them for 40 minutes.
Le Rascal de Boleyn

Figured as much. God the world is full of whinging attention seeking pussies these days.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Clacton-ammer wrote:Knicker wetter.
Probably literally at 70 odd...
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

Worst performance in 70 years! No I would not agree with that, we did OK first half.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Le Rascal de Boleyn wrote:Figured as much. God the world is full of whinging attention seeking pussies these days.
Football fans in spades.

At 70 he must have alzheimer's disease, I could name worse performances this season. :?
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

A couple of mates in the Arsenal end last night said our fans were very quiet - For the most part I'd have to agree with them.
mattjp
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by mattjp »

Annoying thing about last night was that the first two Arsenal goals were completely self-inflicted and avoidable. By nicking the goal we'd played the Allardyce plan to perfection, only to bugger it up almost immediately with Downing's fluffed clearance.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Le Rascal de Boleyn wrote:Came in this morning to see one of the final updates on the BBC live feed I'd been monitoring yesterday was an anonymous Hammer saying last night was one of the worst performances in his 70 odd years.
Not even the worst performance this calendar month...
RushdenHammer

Post by RushdenHammer »

A couple of mates in the Arsenal end last night said our fans were very quiet - For the most part I'd have to agree with them
Surprising - I watched it on Sky and all I could hear was Bubbles and Twist and Shout.

Overall as has been said we played OK for 40 mins then threw it away - pushing on we were always going to concede a third.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Le Rascal de Boleyn wrote:an anonymous Hammer saying last night was one of the worst performances in his 70 odd years....
It was worse last season at the Emirates for starters.

Maybe he's got Alzheimer's?
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Le Rascal de Boleyn wrote:Figured as much. God the world is full of whinging attention seeking pussies these days.
Give the bloke a break, he must be in his mid seventies.

Perhaps knicker wetting comes with the 'less than continent' territory, when you're that age?
Frank The Mac

Post by Frank The Mac »

RushdenHammer wrote: Overall as has been said we played OK for 40 mins then threw it away - pushing on we were always going to concede a third.
Were we really pushing on though? Off the top of my head (and my memory is shocking) we didn't create anything in the second half. It was almost as if at 2-1 down we still thought we were 1-0 up and were sitting deep trying to soak up all the pressure.
Major
%&!$
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by Major »

We stopped at a pub after the game and had right good old laugh at all the people on here crying over a loss to Arsenal away. My mate who goes home and away is not a member but he was enjoying all the knicker wetting and the sensationalist **** so much i didn't get my phone back for half an hour...

There aint half some knobs on here, we played well last night and deserved to be in front, we made a couple of mistakes and that cost us, it happens!! they are a good side, better than us and thats the issue.

All the remarks about us being ****, one dimensional etc were hilarious, we were anything but last night, also AC has one off game and some were getting on his back as well, quality support; real quality.

In fact i am smiling as i write this, there was one person in particular, it might have started with Ace? if thats right he / she was imploding. Hahahahahahaha
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

IV certainly seen worse in the last 15 years.

Lillyliverd performances, several giant killings, 90% of Grant's time.......

In fact, if he had said this a few weeks ago, if could have pointed him to the Forest and City games, which would have been in the previous 70 days.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion. But an opinion can be blatantly wrong. He is the type of of amateur pundit who would claim that Christiano Ronaldo is the worst footballer in the world at the moment, and back it up with some sophistry.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Major wrote:we played well last night and deserved to be in front, we made a couple of mistakes and that cost us, it happens!! they are a good side, better than us and thats the issue.
Sums it up.

We were the better side for half an hour playing some nice stuff. We scored just as Arsenal were looking dangerous for the first time. Had we held that lead til half time we'd have probably got something from the game. Then a couple of lapses in defence and some clinical finishing and the game's gone. At 2-1 down I felt we were starting to come back at them. The game had not gone away from us until the third went in.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 802 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Major wrote:All the remarks about us being ****, one dimensional etc were hilarious, we were anything but last night, also AC has one off game and some were getting on his back as well, quality support; real quality.
What were they serving in that pub you were drinking, Turps?

It was the same old **** that doesn't work. Anyway I had fun shouting freak at the **** Rodney Trotter.
monkeyhanger
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by monkeyhanger »

SpongeBob's Pants wrote:didnt Downing do next to nothing for Liverpool as well?
Just had lunch with a Boro fan friend of mine and he claims Downing hasn't done anything for 5 years. His goal celebration is pretending to be a DJ and we joked he's probably forgoptten how to do it.
Le Rascal de Boleyn

[quote="prophet:marginal
Give the bloke a break, he must be in his mid seventies.

Perhaps knicker wetting comes with the 'less than continent' territory, when you're that age?[/quote]

It's a fair point. In fact I should probably be complimenting him in that he's some one in his mid 70's or beyond enjoying the world of social media. My dad's main aim with his PC seems to be trying to complete all 35,000 games of Minesweeper!