Enner Valencia: Signed, Sealed... Departed

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Enner Valencia: Signed, Sealed... Departed

Postby westhamerica on Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:37 pm

Since there are reports that the Enner Valencia deal has been reached, pending a medical and work permit application, I figured I'd start this thread. Who better than me?

Bring on your healthy skepticism, and scepticism, fellas.
Last edited by westhamerica on Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
westhamerica

Re: Enner Valenica

Postby Ludeksgloves on Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:42 pm

I just hope he's not a new Maiga.
Ludeksgloves

Postby mywhufc on Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:43 pm

It will be interesting to know if he's been bought just on the back of the World Cup or was scouted before then.
Interesting signing but then, Barrera looked good when he played for Mexico so it's hard to judge properly until he's given a chance to settle in to the side.
mywhufc

Postby BLT on Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:43 pm

i think its silly to spend that much money on a player based on his world cup performance... i dont believe for a second weve been scouting him for 6 months, and if it werent for this world cup his transfer fee would be at least half of what theyre asking for. I think that our scouting for players is extremely limited (i.e sullivan jr asking people well if not valencia then who would you want for that much money). That being said if we do sign him I obviously hope hes a huge success...
Last edited by BLT on Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLT

Postby AndyCarrollsBarber on Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:44 pm

No skepticism here*. By the time he's done at WHU the powers that be will think it's only right that his shirt number is retired as a mark of respect for his greatness.

*Skepticism about the transfer reserved for the transfer window thread.
AndyCarrollsBarber

Postby westhamerica on Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:46 pm

BLT wrote:i think its silly to spend that much money on a player based on his world cup performance... i dont believe for a second weve been scouting him for 6 months, and if it werent for this world cup his transfer fee would be at least half of what theyre asking for. I think that our scouting for players is extremely limited (i.e sullivan jr asking people well if not valencia then who would you want for that much money). That being said if we do sign him I obviously hope hes a huge success...

I messaged WHU on Twitter a couple of months ago to sign him, maybe its my fault!
westhamerica

Postby Bubbles & Squeaks 77 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:48 pm

You've spelt Valencia wrong in the title.
Bubbles & Squeaks 77

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:50 pm

I vaguely recall reading somewhere, probably on here, that West Ham have been scouting him for six months so hopefully he isn't just a World Cup Wonder.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby westhamerica on Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:53 pm

Bubbles & Squeaks 77 wrote:You've spelt Valencia wrong in the title.

Thanks, I'm a bit dyslexic at the keyboard.
westhamerica

Postby westlondonhammer on Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:53 pm

The assumption seems to be:

"Because I only first say him at the world cup so did the club"

I think if people put their ego's to one side there may be more to it than a couple of world cup performances...

The chances are he's fee has been inflated by the world cup but I wouldn't assume the interest is just because of it

If he comes I will be excited and happy to see him play for us
westlondonhammer

Postby Yea Why Not on Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:55 pm

BLT wrote:i think its silly to spend that much money on a player based on his world cup performance... i dont believe for a second weve been scouting him for 6 months, and if it werent for this world cup his transfer fee would be at least half of what theyre asking for. I think that our scouting for players is extremely limited (i.e sullivan jr asking people well if not valencia then who would you want for that much money). That being said if we do sign him I obviously hope hes a huge success...

We've bid a large fee for an attacking player and you post that. Honestly, they just can't win can they

It will second promising attacking player of a good age we've signed this summer. Really hope they get it over the line :thup:
Last edited by Yea Why Not on Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yea Why Not

Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Postby mywhufc on Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:57 pm

westlondonhammer wrote:The assumption seems to be:

"Because I only first say him at the world cup so did the club"

I think if people put their ego's to one side there may be more to it than a couple of world cup performances...

Where is the ego in wondering if they knew about him before the World Cup?
mywhufc

Postby westlondonhammer on Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:06 pm

mywhufc wrote:Where is the ego in wondering if they knew about him before the World Cup?

By even asking a question (that can't be answered on here) you are making an assumption they hadn't...basically because you hadn't

Why make the assumption and use a poor previous comparison rather than say something supportive?
westlondonhammer

Postby Yea Why Not on Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:09 pm

westlondonhammer wrote:
Why make the assumption and use a poor previous comparison rather than say something supportive?

Exactly. It's pathetic to think that someone as experienced as Allardyce would splash a huge chunk of his budget on a player based on 3 performances
Yea Why Not

Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Re: Enner Valencia

Postby Wildy on Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:47 pm

It does seem strange though that if the club had scouted him for quite a while they wouldn't have tried to snap him up before the World Cup, as his value was always going to increase Post World Cup?
Wildy

Postby BLT on Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:49 pm

Yea Why Not wrote:We've bid a large fee for an attacking player and you post that. Honestly, they just can't win can they

It will second promising attacking player of a good age we've signed this summer. Really hope they get it over the line :thup:

so i cant be skeptical because were spending a large fee on him? righto
BLT

Postby Chard on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:00 pm

@whustuff: Enner Valencia at Heathrow Airport (apparently). http://t.co/tSgqX3ZYir" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chard

Postby MAC08 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:06 pm

Chard wrote:@whustuff: Enner Valencia at Heathrow Airport (apparently). http://t.co/tSgqX3ZYir" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: check out the no guns sign on the window to see how false this is :
MAC08

Postby Chard on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:10 pm

Yep :D

@jsullivanwhu: Photos Of Valencia At Heathrow are FAKE, hes not in London at this time
Chard

Postby screech on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:10 pm

Ickle sully just confirmed that the heathrow pic is fake but also confirmed that Valencia is on his way
screech

Next

Return to General Discussion