COC2: West Ham Utd 1-1 Sheff Utd (4-5 pens) (26/08/14)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 82 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Re: Sheffield United to Take Full Away Allocation.

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

I feel a merge coming on
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

They've got 4000, was announced nearly a week ago...
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 130 likes

Re: League Cup Rd 2: WHU v Blunts: The Final Settlement :-)

Post by Wembley1966 »

tall paul wrote:Should have made it £2 a ticket with a £10 booking fee so we give them even less
As their tickets have to be available for the same price then we would have had to offer their tickets for sale at £2 each and they could have added their own booking fee on top.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 450 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Dyer's Leg wrote:This Tevez talk is, well, all a bit muggy really in my humble opinion.

Masks ffs.
Agreed. The arrival of Tevez and Mascherano at West Ham never felt right from day one and the subsequent legal battle was an unnecessary sleight on your club. Tevez is a selfish footballer who only plays for himself and, let's face it, he never really wanted to be at West Ham despite the sanctimonious gestures he gave afterwards. He's no legend at City either with his transfer requests and that infamous evening in Munich.

What you should be doing is rising above Sheffield United and moving on. They've clearly been unable to do that themselves.
@TFSH_WHUFC
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by @TFSH_WHUFC »

[Agreed. The arrival of Tevez and Mascherano at West Ham never felt right from day one and the subsequent legal battle was an unnecessary sleight on your club. Tevez is a selfish footballer who only plays for himself and, let's face it, he never really wanted to be at West Ham despite the sanctimonious gestures he gave afterwards. He's no legend at City either with his transfer requests and that infamous evening in Munich.

What you should be doing is rising above Sheffield United and moving on. They've clearly been unable to do that themselves.[/quote]

I always say that I judge a player for what he does for US on the pitch and there is no doubting he played for us with heart, in this respect I hold him high up there, all this nonsense about forget SUFC, they would have loved for us to go under because of the debacle surrounding the Tevez affair, so although I will not be wearing a Tevez mask, they will be getting a very warm and inviting East London Welcome from me, COYI...... :wink:
ooh look who it is
Location: I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Post by ooh look who it is »

Tevez maybe selfish player off the pitch but funk me he busts a gut for whoever he plays for.

That's when he is not on strike in Argentina and playing gold and appearing on their chat shows.

:)
Pepin

Post by Pepin »

@TFSH_WHUFC wrote:I always say that I judge a player for what he does for US on the pitch and there is no doubting he played for us with heart, in this respect I hold him high up there, all this nonsense about forget SUFC, they would have loved for us to go under because of the debacle surrounding the Tevez affair, so although I will not be wearing a Tevez mask, they will be getting a very warm and inviting East London Welcome from me, COYI...... :wink:
Can't agree more. Carlitos has always put a shift for us. He scored vital goals which kept us in the PL on the end of the season. He has always treated us with respect when returned back to the Bolleyn.
While I can see, that he was not eager to go to West Ham and he would always want to leave us, I can hardly blame him for anything. And regarding our SUFC friends, proper Cockney welcome is what they deserve.
Roby
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 264 likes

Post by Roby »

Got a pair of tickets for the Bobby Moore Lower, really looking forward to this game.

It will be my first West Ham match since the Cardiff away game earlier this year when we were really looking destined for the drop but pulled off a victory and basically kick started the season.

Hopefully a similar result next week and a mixture of some kids plus new signings on display.
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 264 likes
Total likes: 231 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

Got a couple of tickets today, gonna be in the BML, three rows back from the left of the goal. Should give me a nice view of at least a few screamers ya reckon? :scarfer:
Pulls up Trees
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Pulls up Trees »

btajim - mcfc wrote:
Agreed. The arrival of Tevez and Mascherano at West Ham never felt right from day one and the subsequent legal battle was an unnecessary sleight on your club. Tevez is a selfish footballer who only plays for himself and, let's face it, he never really wanted to be at West Ham despite the sanctimonious gestures he gave afterwards. He's no legend at City either with his transfer requests and that infamous evening in Munich.

What you should be doing is rising above Sheffield United and moving on. They've clearly been unable to do that themselves.
With all due respect Jim, I think that was probably a City thing, not a Tevez thing. I doubt most of your players deep down give a damn who they are playing for, only that they get their wages paid and win trophies. (Lol sounds silly I know, oh to have some of them here!) Kompany seems to be the exception.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2035 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Dyer's Leg wrote:This Tevez talk is, well, all a bit muggy really in my humble opinion.

Masks ffs.
It's a bit of light hearted banter, it's them who blame us and Tevez. Most of us know that the likes of Zamora, Benayoun, Green etc all had just as much a part to play in keeping us up, if not more. They went down because they couldn't avoid defeat at home to Wigan, but they want someone to blame. Let them do it, we'll sit back and take the piss.

I'll be wearing my shirt with Tevez on the back for the same reason. Not because I think he kept us up.

After this game, I'm sure that'll be the end of it. If we played them again, I wouldn't even think a Tevez reference was needed.
Kialos
Has liked: 1548 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

The vast majority of people "get it" You always get a few that don't bless em.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Kialos wrote:The vast majority of people "get it" You always get a few that don't bless em.
:thup:
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

Tevez masks! What next inflatables and music when we score
FFS get a grip, a proper east end welcome should suffice.
xmas01245
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by xmas01245 »

Not sure if I'm looking too much into this but it did amuse me..... I wanted to see what their allocation is for this match so went onto their ticket website.

Every other match is listed as the team name, 'Swindon ticket details' for example.

Ours is listed as 'Capital trip in Capital One Cup' :lol:
morganwhu

Post by morganwhu »

Still so many empty seats...........never going to get near 30k at this rate.

:thdn:
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

The board has done their bit for once...

You have to ask why there is such a lack of interest in going over West Ham if we don't shift at least 25K.

I still think we will though.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Love Tevez, don't care that he left after the season.

He had a massive impact on me as a West Ham fan in just one season. Mugging off Lampard for that goal against Chelsea, winner at Man U, those few minutes at Blackburn, ripping Boro to shreds, absolutely tearing Bolton apart after being given HOTY... and of course that free kick against the Scum.

What a f*cking champ
Aceface
Has liked: 377 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Post by Aceface »

morganwhu wrote:Still so many empty seats...........never going to get near 30k at this rate.

:thdn:
Pretty poor if that's the case. Could be a lot of walk-ups on the night if the weather is good, but it doesn't bode well for Stratford if we can't get 30k in at the adult version of kids for a quid