Kouyate Thread

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Kouyate Thread

Postby WHUJohn on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:18 pm

Looked very good today, both going forward and defensively.

Retained the ball exceptionally well, good dribbler, won the ball well, strong, quick.

I get the feeling we have a serious footballer on our hands.

Can't wait to see more of him.
WHUJohn

Re: Kouyate Thread

Postby claretnblueglasses on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:22 pm

Reminded me of Diame on his debut for us. Let's hope he's more consistent than him. Looked very good.
claretnblueglasses

Postby Rocketron on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:22 pm

Scary, isn't it ?
WHU have a possible class player again after god knows how many years.
Rocketron

Postby Pokie on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:22 pm

97% pass completion rate today! highest in the prem
Pokie

Postby si_preston_hammer on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:23 pm

WHUJohn wrote:Looked very good today, both going forward and defensively.

Retained the ball exceptionally well, good dribbler, won the ball well, strong, quick.

I get the feeling we have a serious footballer on our hands.

Can't wait to see more of him.

This sounds really promising. Apparently Cresswell played pretty well and Valencia's cameo. Apart from the result, are things looking up?
si_preston_hammer

Postby fjthegrey on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:24 pm

Pokie wrote:97% pass completion rate today! highest in the prem

Better than Xavi.
fjthegrey

Postby il_martello_di_genovesi on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:26 pm

Cresswell was fantastic. Only thing is he dwells on the ball sometimes, but then some of that can be our movement in the box.

Kouyate was missed in midfield when Collins was sent off.

Pair of them were fantastic.
il_martello_di_genovesi

Postby Kialos on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:27 pm

The best central midfield three I saw pre season was Noble, Diame and Kouyate.
Kialos

Postby il_martello_di_genovesi on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:28 pm

Kialos wrote:The best central midfield three I saw pre season was Noble, Diame and Kouyate.

Poyet was also very impressive. It's an area that is clearly not a problem.
il_martello_di_genovesi

Postby 61dicksey on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:29 pm

Just prime him for some top 6 club to snatch him in January Headbanger , if he maintains some form we know it will happen. Look at Southampton.
61dicksey

Postby Kialos on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:33 pm

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:Poyet was also very impressive. It's an area that is clearly not a problem.

The elephant in the room is the problem unfortunately. We will not be playing our best midfield combo unless that situation is sorted, and quickly IMO.
Kialos

Postby NW5hammer on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:35 pm

He was unbelievable today. Tremendous athlete like Diame but seems to be more direct and pragmatic. If he starts connecting with headers and shots when he advances like that then he's going to be awesome.
I thought Nolan was actually very good today but I agree, he's the guy who gets in the way of what could be a very mobile modern midfield.
NW5hammer

Postby WHUJohn on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:37 pm

61dicksey wrote:Just prime him for some top 6 club to snatch him in January Headbanger , if he maintains some form we know it will happen. Look at Southampton.

That's just how it goes isn't it ?

Always has, always will.

We just have to get a fee that's good for us and then re-invest.

And on it goes.
WHUJohn

Postby BMU.WIC on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:39 pm

61dicksey wrote:Just prime him for some top 6 club to snatch him in January Headbanger , if he maintains some form we know it will happen. Look at Southampton.

If that's the modern game (**** I know) then we must at least get top dollar. Do Anderlecht have a sell-on?

Seriously, first game and we're talking like this. The football-as-industry bubble needs to burst but with thundercunts like Platini at the helm, ain't gonna happen...
BMU.WIC

Postby Aztec Hammer on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:42 pm

Can you imagine Kouyate, Noble and Diame? Or even Poyet/Zarate/Morrison.

Would be great to see.

Another game of Nolan doing f all.
Aztec Hammer

Postby WHUJohn on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:48 pm

Aztec Hammer wrote:
Another game of Nolan doing f all.

Weird, general consensus seems to be he had a decent game.
WHUJohn

Postby PaoloD on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:51 pm

After the Sampdoria game, Kouyate went back to Anderlecht before they kicked off their first game for a proper 'goodbye'. In this day and age that's practically unheard of & tells you all you need to know about how their fans rated him.

Early days still but the boy does look a bit special. Maintain that kind of form & we'll have a job hanging onto him... :x
PaoloD

Postby Pulls up Trees on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:56 pm

PaoloD wrote:After the Sampdoria game, Kouyate went back to Anderlecht before they kicked off their first game for a proper 'goodbye'. In this day and age that's practically unheard of & tells you all you need to know about how their fans rated him.

Early days still but the boy does look a bit special. Maintain that kind of form & we'll have a job hanging onto him... :x

Everyone moans about Diame's drop in form, but that's the only reason he's still with us. If he had held his form for longer, he would be playing for Arsenal. Although I'd love Kouyate to maintain his, I don't want him doing the off as soon as a top 6 side come in for him.
Pulls up Trees

Postby AnthraxDave on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:59 pm

I thought he was outstanding today. Looks like being a player who will hold and let Nobes :scarfer: get forward more.

Just wish we would drop Nolan, cos a central midfield trio of Kouyate/Noble with Zarate or Morrison pushing on behind Valencia looks a damn good attacking fulcrum.
AnthraxDave

Postby Abcdef on Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:06 pm

Diame - Really disappointed the way he has been written off by supporters. Yes he can lack a final ball but he drives the opposition midfield back and creates space for others to benefit. When managed correctly he is a very good player. He's drop in form has obviously coincided with the manager tresting him disgracefully. I mean what player plays for a manager after they have taken the mick out of him in a press conference?

Nolan - people are so desperate for him to do well they are looking to praise anything he does. 'Hes great he ran back', 'he harasses the referee and created havoc', ' he passed to his own player'.
The simple fact is that he is extremely poor. Cannot run, cannot pass and fails to galvanise the team.

Poyet - a real sickener, and shows he's true colours if wanting experience, when Allardyce said he was bought for dev squad.
Abcdef

Next

Return to General Discussion