Kouyate Thread

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Kouyate Thread

Postby Jedi Al Khalaas on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:31 pm

Still like him.

In fact who in the squad don't i like ......thinking .

No , I like them all , even Sakho

Stick that up your pipe and smoke it.

:crest:
User avatar
Jedi Al Khalaas
Shut that door ...
 
Posts: 10041
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:45 pm
Location: http://blackadam-comics.ebid.net

Re: Kouyate Thread

Postby Humbug on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:45 pm

Lets remind ourselves again less we easily forget.

http://twitter.com/TheSullis/status/950298883434909696

If Moyes sees this , he will probably give Kouyate a few more chances to get his head right and start performing better. If he doesn't work hard to turn things around , he should be dropped. In fact , he will be dropped if/when we get some better DM's in.
Humbug
 
Posts: 805
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: Kouyate Thread

Postby Jedi Al Khalaas on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:48 pm

You can even find a Benni Mccarthy sizzle reelon youtube

That clip is just the reverse of that!!
User avatar
Jedi Al Khalaas
Shut that door ...
 
Posts: 10041
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:45 pm
Location: http://blackadam-comics.ebid.net

Re: Kouyate Thread

Postby Humbug on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:56 pm

He did the same for the WBrom goal (see 1:16 onwards until goal scored). He actually slows down rather than chasing back to stop thug McLean to cut inside of Reid. He is either too tired or can't be bothered but it's unacceptable. He needs to try a lot harder if he wants to stay in the first team.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... ich-albion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And lets add another from 1:38 onwards for Rooney's goal

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... ham-united
Humbug
 
Posts: 805
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: Kouyate Thread

Postby Jumby on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:05 am

People have been saying Kouyate is s**t for ages, because he has been, you can't sugarcoat it, he's been absolutely f**king awful at times.
User avatar
Jumby
 
Posts: 10868
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:53 pm
Location: Sparring with Michail Antonio

Re: Kouyate Thread

Postby johnnyb on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:24 am

He reached a new low point with his 'performance' on Sunday. Absolute ****.
Last edited by johnnyb on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnnyb
 
Posts: 1011
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:20 pm

Re: Kouyate Thread

Postby WTID on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:25 am

Kouyate been terrible in the midfield for ages he can’t pass, he doesn’t tackle the only thing he has is a good engine getting up and down but even that’s on the wane. Rice should be partnering either Obiang or Noble in midfield. Rice is so cool, calm and collective his one of the first names on the team sheet for me.
WTID
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:48 am

Re: Kouyate Thread

Postby chalks on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:43 am

Jedi Al Khalaas wrote:Remember that Arsenal goal ??


That’s over two years ago??? I’m struggling to see your point
User avatar
chalks
Sliding down his pole
 
Posts: 19001
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2002 5:24 pm
Location: Introducing, Englands future number 7

Re: Kouyate Thread

Postby wildkard on Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:49 am

People saying that he’s the latest scapegoat. You need to buy a dictionary.

Fact is, he’s been garbage for a good while. Something is up with him, either physically or mentally. Nevertheless, he’s been no good at football for ages.

No scapegoating, just a fact.
wildkard
 
Posts: 1709
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:55 pm

Re: Kouyate Thread

Postby irving boleyn on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:03 am

Jedi Al Khalaas wrote:Remember that Arsenal goal ??


It was from a free kick.

Proper defenders goal.
irving boleyn
 
Posts: 3704
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:13 pm

Re: Kouyate Thread

Postby fmgod on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:05 am

The best he has looked in the last few years is playing in his natural role at centre back when we've had injuries or suspensions
fmgod
 
Posts: 13598
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:54 pm

Re: Kouyate Thread

Postby irving boleyn on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:22 am

He's a Defender.

After a few eye catching bursts,when playing alongside Noble in a deep role, and scoring Slaven's first goal at The Emirates, the manager turned to him after our goals started to dry up and gave him a more attacking role. Like he wanted Antonio to be a Wing Back but he persevered for longer. Bad Management...I cant recall a decent creative pass from him in two years or a goal scored other than from a corner/free kick.His inability to get back from an attacking foray, usually because his enthusiasm leads him to end up on his arse, has resulted in Noble spreading himself too thinly to the detriment of his performance.

I hope Moyes get's it soon.
irving boleyn
 
Posts: 3704
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:13 pm

Re: Kouyate Thread

Postby wildkard on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:42 am

He moaned like **** when played “out of position” (ie not in midfield) though.
wildkard
 
Posts: 1709
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:55 pm

Re: Kouyate Thread

Postby sanchoz on Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:14 am

Five players who hampered themselves in the FA Cup

Cheikhou Kouyate (West Ham)
You did have to enjoy David Moyes’ fury at West Ham’s lack of energy and fight against Shrewsbury in the FA Cup on Sunday. It came four days after Moyes told reporters that he would not try and win the competition if he thought it could affect West Ham’s league form, then going on to detail why getting into round four would affect the league form. It’s quite some motivational speaking.

Moyes was still right to feel let down by the team he did pick, with Kouyate the guiltiest party. Once a consistent central midfielder and superb during his first two seasons at the club, Kouyate’s form has been declining for a fair while. His self-destruction is a talking point amongst supporters.

This was a new low. A 50% passing accuracy is one thing, but a 50% passing accuracy against a League One team, most of which involve you panicking and hitting the ball long, is another entirely.


http://www.football365.com/news/five-pl ... the-fa-cup
User avatar
sanchoz
 
Posts: 10668
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 3:41 am
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Re: Kouyate Thread

Postby Jumby on Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:26 pm

Jedi Al Khalaas wrote:Remember that Arsenal goal ??


By that logic we should never have let Abou go because he scored a pretty cool goal against Arsenal on a sandpit of a pitch. Imagine him now.
User avatar
Jumby
 
Posts: 10868
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:53 pm
Location: Sparring with Michail Antonio

Re: Kouyate Thread

Postby brooking1966 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:35 am

[quote="ChzMff"]
He's the latest in a long but recent line of scapegoats. Kouyate joins Hart, Cresswell, Noble and Antonio who have all been declared ***** over the past 3 months. :(

Crouchend_Hammer
I still rate him and would have him in my XI, be that at centre back or midfield.

Don't forget Obiang

Apparently he cannot pass at all, and is not as good as Josh Cullen


Agree double standards here stinks, scapegoat certain players but others are untouchable. I think his goal against Swansea was pivitol in last years relegation battle. His engine was carrying the fight further up the pitch driving us forward.

We all know his weakness is passing & positional awareness as CM, but I think with Ob1 & Lanzini next to him he would be more effective.

His strengths far outweigh the negatives in terms of his value to us imo. As many mention he is very effective as CB in a 3, 4, or 5, Versatile enough to play RB,CB,DM,CM,CAM,RW. The fact is he's been played randomly in all these positions throughtout his career here, after a great 1st season as CM. He was a novice CM at 26 with limited (2yrs) experience after moving from CB. New to the PL he should of been managed better, hopefully Moyes can give him a stable consistant defined role instead of constant game 2 game change. I think he's a great CB & a useful CM in terms of having box2box specialist role with complimentary players.

He is a handful at set pieces both in attack & defence, also with the ability to actually get box 2 box, either recovery blocking or supporting attack presence in oppossing box. Many times he's been the only one there with AC lagging behind playing winger or CAM due to lack of pace to get in the box. We sit so deep as a unit that Cheik, Mas, Antonio,Lanzini & Arnie are the only players we have with the ability to drive forward with pace effectively into empty space with or without the ball.

I think he's more scapegoat than s**t & as stated by previous poster here 'lynch mob mentality'. The 'usual suspects' with unfair treatment imo are Antonio/Cheik/Oggy/Reid/Obiang/Ayew/Hart/Cress I think they are all good players ability wise & valuable PL assets. Furthermore, these African generaralizations leave a bad taste in my mouth like piss on cornflakes, side note (Zidane, Viera, Yaya, Jay Jay, Pogba, Keita. Djorkaeff, Desailly)

I'm very positive about our squad abilitywise just hope the manager can find the best combinations as a balanced team without confusing the players.
User avatar
brooking1966
 
Posts: 691
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:29 pm

Re: Kouyate Thread

Postby Danny's Dyer Acting on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:42 am

wildkard wrote:He moaned like **** when played “out of position” (ie not in midfield) though.


Every few months this nonsense comes up and every few months it's corrected.

He has never publicly complained about playing at centre back or mentioned any complaints he's made privately to the manager. He's also been a much more reliable presence for us in that position than in central midfield over the last 18 months.

He has said he isn't uncomfortable playing right back and that he didn't like it but he had to do it for the team.
User avatar
Danny's Dyer Acting
 
Posts: 874
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: Kouyate Thread

Postby kitthehammer on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:47 am

Jedi Al Khalaas wrote:Still like him.

In fact who in the squad don't i like ......thinking .

No , I like them all , even Sakho

Stick that up your pipe and smoke it.

:crest:


I'm with you Jedi. Is there one player in our squad who fans don't seem to have a problem with?
Read this site and apparently:
Kouyate isn't playing well at the moment. Other players who aren't playing well - hernandes, ayew wasn't, noble wasn't, sakho we apparently hate, Carroll wasn't, antonio has gone off the boil, obiang was off his game, reid was off, ogbonna was crap apparently. cresswell, zabaleta, every player we have has gone through bad patches, but our fans seem to want them all sold as soon as they have a rough patch.
Overall, Kouyate has been great for us since joining. They all regain their form.

I know it is all subjective opinions but overall, we really arn't being very supportive.
User avatar
kitthehammer
 
Posts: 9978
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:11 am
Location: way out west in Egham

Re: Kouyate Thread

Postby wildkard on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Didn’t say he moaned specifically about playing centre back, but here he is moaning about playing at right back:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.footba ... 207610.amp
wildkard
 
Posts: 1709
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:55 pm

Re: Kouyate Thread

Postby Patito on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:09 am

kitthehammer wrote:I know it is all subjective opinions but overall, we really arn't being very supportive.



Of all the things related to our club you choose to knock, you went for our support.
User avatar
Patito
 
Posts: 4972
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:51 pm
Location: Irons

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aceface, ads78, Bamber Gascoigne, bengeo, Broomfield Hammer, Col Hammer, Cottee, Eastbourne Hammer, Faithless, Google [Bot], hamstas_paradise, I am Lawro, Jameslegend, Jarvo, Kesgrave Hammer, Kludgehammer, Lostcoco, Max Fischer, Mega Ron, mightyhammer, MileEnder, NeverSayDie, rciron, RM9, roedsweeper, simonpaulthomas, Smudger1, swash, The Straw, thejackhammer, TheOrgazoid, westlondonhammer, WickfordHammer86 and 137 guests