Favourite victory over Taggart? [POLL]

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Favourite victory over Taggart?

22 Apr 1992: West Ham Utd 1-0 Man Utd (Brown)
12%
28 Jan 2001: Man Utd 0-1 West Ham Utd (Di Canio)
37%
8 Dec 2001: Man Utd 0-1 West Ham Utd (Defoe)
1%
17 Dec 2006: West Ham Utd 1-0 Man Utd (Reo-Coker)
2%
13 May 2007: Man Utd 0-1 West Ham Utd (Tevez)
16%
29 Dec 2007: West Ham Utd 2-1 Man Utd (A Ferdinand, Upson)
1%
30 Nov 2010: West Ham Utd 4-0 Man Utd (Spector 2, C Cole 2)
30%

Total votes: 202

Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Favourite victory over Taggart? [POLL]

Post by Claretdave »

Great article on the front page: http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=127918

All games are memorable, but one or two more so, don't you agree Mr McCabe? Or Mr Barthez?

The losers will make excuses, but to my mind thumping Man Unt 4-0 was pretty special.
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 25 likes

Re: Favourite victory over Taggart?

Post by clawhammer »

The cup win with Paolo outthinking Bathez. One of the best cup ties and results I have ever seen.
rigoberts song
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 345 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

The Kenny brown indecent effort goal to beat them when we were already relegated about 1992.
Also when we stopped them winning the league and handed it to Blackburn although it was a draw it felt like a victory.I remember sherringham ,Cole,solskjaar,Yorke all raining shots at ludo who fantastic that day.
Chard

Post by Chard »

rigoberts song wrote:The Kenny brown indecent effort goal to beat them when we were already relegated about 1992.
Also when we stopped them winning the league and handed it to Blackburn although it was a draw it felt like a victory.I remember sherringham ,Cole,solskjaar,Yorke all raining shots at ludo who fantastic that day.
:?
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

It has to be the 4 - 0, just for the amount of stick I gave (and still give) my manc supporting chums.

Although beating them three times on the bounce was sweet (all under Curbs)
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 170 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

No doubting the managers ability whatsoever but since he gave up management I like him even less.

I'll go for the 0-1 when Defoe scored, because the old man and me were invited by a load of Man Utd supporters in a box.
We ventured over from Jersey with a group of about 15 of them, constantly being told how much they're going to thump us by. Fantastic!
Estuary
Has liked: 369 likes
Total likes: 138 likes

Post by Estuary »

Culloden.
likemydreams
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by likemydreams »

This one to stop them Image

But the great escape for us was just class
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

rigoberts song wrote:The Kenny brown indecent effort goal to beat them when we were already relegated about 1992.
I very much doubt that.
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

To be fair, I can't recall precisely who was playing for Man Unt that day, but I do remember Ludo saved a shed load of shots.
likemydreams
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by likemydreams »

It was 95
Estuary
Has liked: 369 likes
Total likes: 138 likes

Post by Estuary »

Claretdave wrote:To be fair, I can't recall precisely who was playing for Man Unt that day, but I do remember Ludo saved a shed load of shots.
Andy Cole and Brian McClare played up front.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2687 likes
Total likes: 1781 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

There's always a little bit more satisfaction in beating Manchester United for me whoever the Manager is , every one of them is sweet .
In 1986 we beat them twice , the first came on the 9th March when we beat them 0-2 in the 5th Round of the FA Cup , Ray Stewart scoring the first with Geoff Pike getting the second with a brilliant headed goal , the second beating came later that year on the 25 August when the score was Man Utd 2 West Ham Utd 3 , Devonshire and McAvennie [ 2 ] .

However , we're talking about West Ham victories over Manchester United teams led by Alex Ferguson here , and for me it's the one on the 28th January 2001 in the 4th Round of the FA Cup when Barthez the Man Utd goalkeeper tried to out-psyche the super-cool Paolo Di Canio.......there was only ever going to be one winner in that sort of situation , - Barthez was left on his arse as Di Canio spun away celebrating what was to become another famous West Ham United victory over the Reds of Manchester .
A special mention must go to Hannu Tihinen without whom the result might have been different , he gave a master class display in defending that day , and even though Ferguson threw on four strikers towards the end of the game , none of them could find a way past our goalkeeper Shaka Hislop .

No victory against Man Utd is ' lucky ' , they spend millions upon millions every year on getting in the best players from around the World , under Alex Ferguson they won trophy after trophy , 13 League Championships , 5 Fa Cups , 4 League Cups , a European Cup Winners Cup and 2 European Cups , the amount of times we have beaten Manchester United can not be down to luck , we've done it too many times for it to be luck , we just had better players and better team spirit on the day , that's all , - .

COYI !!
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

4-0 in the snow.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhDCFvNdbZs

Where's your fishing rod you c?

simon hammer
Has liked: 977 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by simon hammer »

The great escape, the draw with Ludo playing out of his skin, the 4-0 cup win at the Boelyn. My favourite has to be the 0-1 at OT. Paolo was immense that day...'taxi for Barthez!'

One of the best footballing days of my life.

:crest:
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 448 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

The one where you stopped them winning the league will always be a happy memory.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1169 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Defoe 1-0. I was there, right behind all the Manc Executives, surrounded by Old Trafford season ticket holders. I was also violently ill and threw up about 4 times underneath my seat.

Great day. Later on, still ill, my mates step sister gave me my first blow job in his bed.
WHUJohn

Post by WHUJohn »

All of them, equally sweet.
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

Sorry for being a bit pedantic but in the FA cup replay in 1986, p**** gave us the lead with that superb header in the first half and Ray Stewart got the penalty clincher in the second half after Alvin gave Stapleton an almighty two-handed shove as Stewart's free-kick went in. Stapleton reacted chasing and shoving Alvin to give away the pen. Conned a treat and a great day all round!
Denzil
Has liked: 356 likes
Total likes: 525 likes

Post by Denzil »

Man United away, me and my old man up there, PDC slotting past Barthez. I'll remember that until I take my last breath.