Transfer Window: Summer 2015

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 373 likes

Re: Summer 2015 transfer thread

Post by Whufc06 »

Some of the suggestions are frightening!!
Trilby
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Trilby »

I still say we should take a look at Joel Campbell. Available for £6m and he's definitely going somewhere in the next week or so. The World Cup showed there is a player in there somewhere.
Patito

Post by Patito »

great shout :thup:
xdoyley

Post by xdoyley »

Trilby wrote:I still say we should take a look at Joel Campbell. Available for £6m and he's definitely going somewhere in the next week or so. The World Cup showed there is a player in there somewhere.
He looked amazing in the World Cup if I remember correctly, surprised he hasn't been given much playing time at Arsenal, even for pre-season friendly etc.. but it looks like Palermo want him according to TalkSPORT
xdoyley

Post by xdoyley »

------------------------------------------ Adrian ---------------------------------
Jenkinson --------------- Reid --------------------- Ogbonna --------------------- Cresswell
---------------------------- Kouyate ------------------- Song----------------------
Mirallas/Amalfitano ----------------- Payet ------------------------ Lanzini/Zarate
------------------------------------------- Sakho ------------------------------------------

I know Song hasn't formally signed yet and Mirallas is still doubtful but how great would this starting XI be?

I rate Zarate a lot more after the norwich game after his linking up with Payet, Lanzini is unproven but his skill to match balls from Song and Payet could be easy for him to make an impact.

If Mirallas signs we'll have heavily improved width and another way to feed sakho the ball in the area, even if Sakho is injured I believe even Carroll will score more goals with such a skillful XI thats here?

Disagree?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Yep, pretty much agree with most of that, Doyley.

Mirallas to us, seems like it's a real possibility and hopeful something can get done. Him or another similar player to him with end product would take us up a level.

I also don't think Zarate is as bad or selfish as other think he is. If he's focused and on his game he could be very useful this season to us when called upon.

I'm also quite hopeful Valencia will show more now after a season getting used to the pace of the Premier League and won't make our need for an elusive wonder striker so necessary.
bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 207 likes
Total likes: 233 likes

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Trilby wrote:I still say we should take a look at Joel Campbell. Available for £6m and he's definitely going somewhere in the next week or so. The World Cup showed there is a player in there somewhere.
Managed by a certain Mr. P. Wanchope for the Costa Rican national team.
Geoff Peters-Moore
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Geoff Peters-Moore »

Didn't he go somewhere on loan last season - how did he do?
bullyhammer

Post by bullyhammer »

Good shout indeed. If Mirallas is looking unlikely I'd be happy with him instead, and he's that much younger.
kalashnikov

Post by kalashnikov »

I'd be thoroughly disappointed with Joel Campbell. Not good enough for where we are trying to go.

1 goal in 15 with Villarreal last season, 8 in 32 in the Greek League with Olympiacos, and previously a combined 5 goals in 53 for Betis and Lorient. Definitely not the goalscoring winger we need.

There's reason no lower midtable EPL clubs have ever been interested in taking him on loan.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2690 likes
Total likes: 1790 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

According to ' Tribal Football ' - Inter Milan have made Premiership Clubs aware of highly regarded Danilo D'Ambrosio , 26 year old full back who recently moved from Torino - West Ham and Tottenham have made enquiries , Fiorentina , Napoli and Roma are also interested .
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

DiMarzio's American counterpart also mentioned D'Ambrosio to either us or Spurs...
hammersi01

Post by hammersi01 »

Gabers wrote:DiMarzio's American counterpart also mentioned D'Ambrosio to either us or Spurs...

Love their Rice Pudding...
MikeNewell'sOldBoys
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by MikeNewell'sOldBoys »

Geoff Peters-Moore wrote: Didn't he go somewhere on loan last season - how did he do?
I saw him play for villareal vs Valencia when I was on holiday over there. He was awful. Terrible movement and touch. Didn't offer anything.
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by ironilunga »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Inter Milan have made Premiership Clubs aware of highly regarded Danilo D'Ambrosio.
I urge caution, I think that's Italian for Darren Ambrose.
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

Joel Campbell? No thanks. Not a player for the big leagues and I can't believe people still make the mistake of judging players by a few world cup performances.
Gazzaloz
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Gazzaloz »

ryanrc wrote:Joel Campbell? No thanks. Not a player for the big leagues and I can't believe people still make the mistake of judging players by a few world cup performances.
Exactly. Gary Breen anyone?
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by ironilunga »

xdoyley wrote:Disagree?
I also have high hopes that after a season of adapting to the prem that we see much more of Valencia as part of a three behind Sakho or Carroll. Otherwise I would agree that team looks very exciting!
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

If he hasn't got a letter followed by an apostrophe at the start of his name, or two odd consonants put together then I ain't interested...
lewis100985
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by lewis100985 »

So Zlatan is saying his next move will be 'a big, big surprise'

We are in for a striker, he sounds like he's moving, it would be a big, big surprise.

2 + 2 = 5

Who is starting the Welcome Zlatan thread? :D