Transfer Window: Summer 2015

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Re: Ideal ins and out's in the summer? (Realistic(ish) only)

Post by bubbles1966 »

the pink palermo wrote: ...Game changers get the big bucks , but Song isn't in that category , he's trying to ride on the back of a rising tide raises all boats theory .
Aren't they all?

Salary is negotiable, subject to age, qualifications and experience. :)

A CL footballer who has played for a top 3 PL team and and been signed by the best football team in the world in a big money move is in a much better negotiating position than someone who hasn't played for their country, hasn't played for a top 6 team, hasn't got some outstanding individual attribute (aerial prowess in Carroll's case) and has never had a big money move.

Noble will get £90-100k a week the day a top 4 club signs him.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

bubbles1966 wrote:

Aren't they all?

Salary is negotiable, subject to age, qualifications and experience. :)

A CL footballer who has played for a top 3 PL team and and been signed by the best football team in the world in a big money move is in a much better negotiating position than someone who hasn't played for their country, hasn't played for a top 6 team, hasn't got some outstanding individual attribute (aerial prowess in Carroll's case) and has never had a big money move.

Noble will get £90-100k a week the day a top 4 club signs him.
That will be never then, on both counts, coz he's the Cockney Pirlo, he 's one of us, he's West Ham through and through and he should play for Ireland and besides, he may be one of our best players, but he is not, and never will be, a top 4 club player. Top 4 clubs will pay that for top midfielders from the best clubs in Europe and unfortunately for him, players who are 4 times the player he is
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

I'm reading that Islam Slimani is back on as a target along with Man Utd's Hernandez .

Another disconcerting rumour I was reading today is that Tottenham are going to be spying on our next Summer targets and try to put the spanner in the works as far as transfers are concerned - bit far fetched maybe until you remember what they did when we went for the Olympic Stadium .

What could they do other than sign them themselves or tell them that our owner is really an evil magical dwarf who lives in the deeps of Mordor ?
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:I'm reading that Islam Slimani is back on as a target along with Man Utd's Hernandez .

Another disconcerting rumour I was reading today is that Tottenham are going to be spying on our next Summer targets and try to put the spanner in the works as far as transfers are concerned - bit far fetched maybe until you remember what they did when we went for the Olympic Stadium .

What could they do other than sign them themselves or tell them that our owner is really an evil magical dwarf who lives in the deeps of Mordor ?
In which case we'll leak that we're scouting Titus Bramble, Emile Heskey and Akinfenwa
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 242 likes
Total likes: 477 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Another disconcerting rumour I was reading today is that Tottenham are going to be spying on our next Summer targets and try to put the spanner in the works as far as transfers are concerned - bit far fetched maybe until you remember what they did when we went for the Olympic Stadium .
Well considering most people seem to think we don't have a scouting network beyond Curtis/Silkmans networks they can fill their boots.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Aaaaaah-aaaaaah, Demarai Gray! The kid's got dancing feet. Let's get him before Spurs stockpile him and loan him out 8 times in 3 years, causing him to get disillusioned and go off of the rails and end up in a crackhouse with Nile Ranger.
The Old Man of Storr

I don't know the first thing about how a transfer works but I wouldn't be at all surprised if a few red herrings wee thrown about by all clubs to put each other off the scent of a particular target .

Just tell them we're in for Harry Kane , then they'll do all they can to sign him first ! :eh:
Geoff Peters-Moore
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Geoff Peters-Moore »

Now that Reid has signed we she be ok @ cb unless a major signing opportunity a la Song comes up (I see Kompany is not getting a game at Citeh - he would be good for us!!!!). I would throw Janmaat into the mix for rb along with Jenko, Trippier and Byron as options. Flanimi as an alternative to Song (?or indeed both and play Song further forward) Hernandez as striker and Konyplanka on the wing.Just struggling to identify a quick, skilful midfielder for us which is I feel our major target - any ideas?
The Old Man of Storr

Geoff Peters-Moore wrote:Just struggling to identify a quick, skilful midfielder for us which is I feel our major target - any ideas?
I like the look of Hakim Ziyech of FC Twente , 21 , good technical ability with an eye for goal .
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Somebody with a proven record for scoring goals and who does not need half a dozen chances to convert just one of them. Guy's like this, do not come cheap and in order to get one, we have to finish in the top 6, which is now looking increasingly less likely with every passing week, but still not
completely out of the question. By Christ do we need one of these
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Puff Daddy wrote:Somebody with a proven record for scoring goals and who does not need half a dozen chances to convert just one of them. Guy's like this, do not come cheap and in order to get one, we have to finish in the top 6, which is now looking increasingly less likely with every passing week, but still not
completely out of the question. By Christ do we need one of these
There's about 10-20 players like that in the world.
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

Squad 01.07.2015

Contract Expired: Jussi, Demel, Morrison, Vaz Te, Cole, Nene
Loan expired: Jenkinson, Song

Budget: 10th place c £25 million, 8th c. £27.5million

How high do you go for Jenkinson, or do you look somewhere cheaper? Same with Song

Do you renew some that you wouldn't ordinarily because there isn't enough money to fill all the spaces?

Can see four permanents for fees, a couple of Bosmans and a couple of loans.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3687 likes
Total likes: 2411 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

the pink palermo wrote: Game changers get the big bucks , but Song isn't in that category , he's trying to ride on the back of a rising tide raises all boats theory .
:thup:

0 goals, 1 assist. 'Chances created' 19 against Noble's 30.

I'm alright with 100 grand for the right player(s). Song isn't it....
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

West Ham chase Winger

West Ham United are showing interest in Besiktas left winger Olcay Sahan, according to an official of the Turkish club.

Besiktas football administrator Erdal Torunogullari claims that the Hammers are one of three clubs in the hunt for the 27-year-old wide player - who started against Liverpool in the Europa League last week.

The Turkish international has scored six goals in 18 domestic league appearances for Besiktas this season and been a regular in their European campaign, starting all 12 matches for Slaven Bilic's men.

The fact that Sahan has been such a favourite under the ex-West Ham defender will inevitably lead to further speculation that the Croatian coach is set to take over from Sam Allardyce when his contract runs out in June.

But West Ham face competition from Sevilla and Fiorentina for the ex-Bayer Leverkusen winger who joined Besiktas for £6.5million in 2012.

- See more at: http://www.sportinastorm.com/Premier-Le ... yhOCL.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

---

We really should have a 'Between the Windows' rumour thread.
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

I'm telling you GET TRIPPIER!!! Trippier and Cresswell, fullbacks sorted for years!!! Both got great engines and run all day, what more do we need! :scarfer:
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 948 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

hammerleroy wrote:I'm telling you GET TRIPPIER!!! Trippier and Cresswell, fullbacks sorted for years!!! Both got great engines and run all day, what more do we need! :scarfer:
Id go for Trippier and Jenkinson. Great options. Hendrie and Cresswell on the other side. Perfect

We need to monitor how well Henry performs at blackburn. If he shows potential and that he could make it here then thats our 4th choice CB. Tomkins and Reid 1st choice and Collins is an able deputy.

Probably could go without a new striker. Zarate needs to be brought back. Once he fit he is an outstanding talent. Maiga whilst not a great option he could do a job in the new system. Valencia is just as hit and miss lol and Maiga did score a few good goals. I firmly believe that almost any striker in our squad could play up front with Sakho. That guys outstanding.

Definitely need a new back up keeper. Must be a seasoned pro about and a youth prospect about.

Midfield is where we need to strengthen. Goal scoring midfielder and a defensive midfielder. Wouldn't mind Delph or Sandro from Villa / QPR depending who goes down. Then just need to find a goal scoring midfielder.. Harder to come by but not impossible

So to sum up..

Trippier 3 million
Jenkinson 6 million
Seasoned keeper 1 million
Youth prospect keeper 0.5 mil
Sandro / Delph 5 million / 8 million?

18.5 million (call it 20 million) before we get a goal scoring midfielder.. How much we got to spend? 30? 35? get a real quality midfielder for that and build the team around Kouyate. Guys a star
smuts
Has liked: 1536 likes
Total likes: 1495 likes

Post by smuts »

I think Trippier would be a very good signing, but I bet there are other clubs sniffing around. Hopefully the club will try and sort out the deal with the gooners for Jenkinson if they want to make it a permanent as soon as possible or if not, sign a replacement as soon as the window opens.

We can't allow the gooners to string us along for ages while other targets go elsewhere.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1519 likes
Total likes: 3183 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Morocco Mole wrote: 0 goals, 1 assist. 'Chances created' 19 against Noble's 30.
You'd certainly expect Noble to have more than Song considering the freekicks and corners hes taken
hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1164 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Are Hendrie and Henry serious expectations to challenge and push starters to stay in form next season or are they squad support/punts?

That squad looks like it needs work to be top 10 sustainably Bubbs

Could do with one utility player in each of defence, midfield and up front to support a change of formation/tactics .... And as per the other thread - particularly mindful of being physical enough in midfield and able to maintain for 90 minutes by having subs who literally play every week almost guaranteed
Believer
Has liked: 1432 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Post by Believer »

Think we may have to fight off bids for Kouyate in summer. The bloke's fantastic. Would be perfect for Arsenal dare I say it. Hopefully we stand firm but if a bid of £20m+ comes in I suspect they'd be tempted....