good bye and god bless the boleyn

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: good bye and god bless the boleyn

Postby mywhufc on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:54 pm

mywhufc

Postby mywhufc on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:56 pm

mywhufc

Postby leveller on Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:59 am

Mywhufc's photos are great but to be honest we had lost half of this stuff before the move, I don't recall crowdsurfing over a roofless north bank without a steward or Lord Taylor in sight to tell me it's against H&S. It is however some achievement that the OS is so incredibly **** that even after losing half of it long before moving, we've still lost most of the rest of it.
leveller

Postby hammerman11 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:38 am

The real atmosphere at the BG wa lost when all seater stadium came in.

we are where we are. Time to move on. the LS is poor at present and needs the fans closer the pitch. I still canot see why this is not possibe and hopefully being looked at. Even if we need to cover up a few rows of the front upper tier to deal with poor sight lines the fans nearer the pitch must be better. Hopefully not needed but sight lines for upper tier have been mentioned.

One day we will buy the bowl and get our soul back fully. In the meantime we must fully support the team and make it as successful and desirable for a buy out as possible.
hammerman11

Postby NorthBankAlliance on Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:20 am

hammerman11 wrote:The real atmosphere at the BG wa lost when all seater stadium came in.

we are where we are. Time to move on. the LS is poor at present and needs the fans closer the pitch. I still canot see why this is not possibe and hopefully being looked at. Even if we need to cover up a few rows of the front upper tier to deal with poor sight lines the fans nearer the pitch must be better. Hopefully not needed but sight lines for upper tier have been mentioned.

One day we will buy the bowl and get our soul back fully. In the meantime we must fully support the team and make it as successful and desirable for a buy out as possible.

Blimey, I thought I was repetitive...

You're absolutely deluding yourself in thinking we will ever be closer to the pitch...
NorthBankAlliance

Postby leveller on Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:38 am

Absolutely, we won't be closer to the pitch all the time the current stadium is still standing.
leveller

Postby Slacking student on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:01 am

This video brings goosebumps to the arms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMJEyEmw7nI
Slacking student

Postby EugeneSpeed on Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:41 am

This is an illustration from a book my friend is producing which charts the history of every Premier League clubs crest. Thought it was really nicely done. Book looks brilliant too.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ja ... rest-index" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EugeneSpeed

Postby mushy on Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:14 am

hammerman11 wrote:

hammerman11, I have explained in quite some detail why moving the lower tier closer to the pitch is impossible.
next time you are at the stadium, walk up the steps for the upper tier and then the lower tier, the rakes are entirely different with the lower tier being much much shallower then the upper, you cannot stretch the lower tier any more, and even if you did you would obstruct the views in the upper tier, it would be a lot more rows then a few that would need to be covered up, and frankly would look sillier then it already looks, besides these seats are where club 1966 sits, they aint gonna do away with them..
There is one simple fact that cannot be changed, this stadium was built as an athletics stadium and NOT a football stadium, this cannot be changed without knocking the fuckin thing down..
mushy

Postby hammerman11 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:29 am

mushy I like the last idea ! However how about taking the top tier seats out and reconfiguring them with an overlay of newly angled seats ?
Then move the lower tier seats closer. would do the tbl and bml first as impacts less. west stand can stay east stand depends on how the first two works out.

Nothing is impossible. The task would be easier if we could put permanent in of course but guess we will have to await that brave new day !
hammerman11

Postby Doc H Ball on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:45 am

Can we keep the chat about the other place elsewhere please?

It's like talking about the new mistress to the ex wife.
Doc H Ball

Postby vietnammer on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:49 am

Affordable housing eh? Half a million in Green St?

https://www.barratthomes.co.uk/new-home ... n-gardens/
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Postby OFT on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:25 pm

vietnammer wrote:Affordable housing eh? Half a million in Green St?

OFT

Postby leveller on Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:08 am

vietnammer wrote:Affordable housing eh? Half a million in Green St?

https://www.barratthomes.co.uk/new-home ... n-gardens/

It is affordable, just not to 90% of people, which is why the term "affordable housing" means **** all.
leveller

Postby Scarhead on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:56 pm

Image :(
Scarhead

Postby mushy on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:35 pm

Thats an awful picture.

I dreamt last night we were playing Spurs back at the old place.

I cannot ever imagine having a dream about the bowl and I honestly never knew I would miss the old place so much.

Gutted.
mushy

Postby ChikinRun on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:15 pm

mywhufc wrote:Image

Nice illustration of the old Chicken Run....what a brilliant stand that was.
ChikinRun

Postby mywhufc on Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:08 pm

ChikinRun wrote:Nice illustration of the old Chicken Run....what a brilliant stand that was.

I added the colour from a black n white pic, i hope that is what it looked like
mywhufc

Postby mywhufc on Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:11 pm

mywhufc

Postby mywhufc on Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:13 pm

mywhufc

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion