good bye and god bless the boleyn

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: good bye and god bless the boleyn

Postby Diogenes on Tue May 09, 2017 10:57 pm

Great memories and terrific memorabilia. Thanks chaps. But lets move on and stop picking at scabs..
Diogenes

Postby Thekorean on Tue May 09, 2017 10:58 pm

Have they released plans for what they are going to build on the site? Housing for yuppies?
Thekorean

Postby e17 on Tue May 09, 2017 11:11 pm

Great pics MyWhufc

Here's my favourite from those I took in our last year over there, from my regular seat in the East Stand

http://i64.tinypic.com/ip32o2.jpg
e17

Postby Claret&Blue,Thru& on Tue May 09, 2017 11:18 pm

Diogenes wrote:Great memories and terrific memorabilia. Thanks chaps. But lets move on and stop picking at scabs..

Get back to your tub while we ponder the great mistakes of our times!
Claret&Blue,Thru&

Postby sanchoz on Wed May 10, 2017 8:36 am

Thekorean wrote:Have they released plans for what they are going to build on the site? Housing for yuppies?

https://pa.newham.gov.uk/online-applica ... ZV5JY5F400
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby Super_Paolo on Wed May 10, 2017 9:15 am

Diogenes wrote:Great memories and terrific memorabilia. Thanks chaps. But lets move on and stop picking at scabs..

Weird way to look at it.

There's a hundred other threads to click into if you don't wanna pick at this particular scab.
Our glorious former home still deserves at least one place on the front page of the forum.
Especially to mark a year to the day of that amazing farewell night.
Super_Paolo

Postby Pob! on Wed May 10, 2017 9:15 am

Thekorean wrote:Have they released plans for what they are going to build on the site? Housing for yuppies?

https://www.barratthomes.co.uk/new-home ... n-gardens/
Pob!

One year...

Postby HarlowEssexHammer on Wed May 10, 2017 9:44 am

No words necessary.

HarlowEssexHammer

A Year Ago Today!

Postby Ludeksgloves on Wed May 10, 2017 9:46 am

Our final match at the Boleyn. A night we will never forget.

Especially me, as I became a parent for the first time to a beautiful baby girl. Proper West Ham baby :crest:

Heres hoping that one day we experience great nights like that at the OS. Friday was a good start!
Ludeksgloves

Postby NickESB on Wed May 17, 2017 10:48 am

Visited the old girl again yesterday for the first time in a couple of months - West Stand demolition work has really kicked into gear now.

Felt a little strange walking through the car park towards the old Centenary turnstiles where I had my season ticket for many years (there's a pathway linking Green Street to St Edward's Primary School that is open during the week).

Apologies for the slightly low quality/resizing issues - I did them in a hurry this morning!

If you haven't studied the plans, an underground car park will be built under virtually the whole stadium. Work on this has already started where the Chicken Run used to sit; the first block of housing will also go up on the old East Stand site.

NickESB

Postby Pop Robson on Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:42 pm

Pop Robson

Postby Pop Robson on Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:46 pm

Pop Robson

Postby Pop Robson on Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:49 pm

Pop Robson

Postby Paddy O'Hammer on Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:37 am

Paddy O'Hammer

Postby aboooooooooo on Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:58 am

over £500k for a 2 bed place? Is the regeneration of the area really going to be enough to justify half a million pounds for a flat? I drive through quite regularly and as it stands today... you couldnt pay me to live there.
aboooooooooo

Postby ManInTheIronsMask. on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:28 pm

I went over there on Saturday for the first time since it was knocked down. Stood on Green Street with tears pouring down my face. Why did we roll over and let them do it? Composed myself sufficiently to nip in Nathan's for double pie and mash off course. Nice to see that place hanging on. Still a few going in before home games the lady in there ( forgotten her name,I'm not a young man) was telling me.
ManInTheIronsMask.

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:28 am

ManInTheIronsMask. wrote:I went over there on Saturday for the first time since it was knocked down. Stood on Green Street with tears pouring down my face.

Composed myself sufficiently to nip in Nathan's for double pie and mash off course.

Christ, after watching the demolition in tears, you then went and put yourself through that torture?
rare as rockinghorse shat

Postby Cockneyboy311 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:17 pm

I was, and still am pro move but i feel pretty sad after looking at those pictures :(
Cockneyboy311

Postby hammerbubble1964 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:28 am

judging by what was left a month ago it must all be gone now? Cant bring myself to go over there. Maybe one day. Will never forget the old girl. Carry on the good signings and you never know this coming season could be exciting. May help ease the pain. Like many I am still pro move but the new ground needs a kick start. A stellar win early doors away and great early (hmmm...September) home form could give us the jump start we need.

Bring it on
hammerbubble1964

Postby droshky on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:45 am

Mrs D is an enthusiastic volunteer for the museum of London. A colleague of hers, a Gooner!! went to a talk on the archaeological excavations (thanks predictor text). Apparently, tho he may have been kidding, they found evidence of prehistoric Ironworks. I hope it's true!
droshky

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion